question about the 3-LSATs-in-2-years-rule

applyingtolawschool

question about the 3-LSATs-in-2-years-rule

Postby applyingtolawschool » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:12 am

I just read this: http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/ls ... hange.html

Does anybody know whether the taking-the-LSAT-3-times-in-2-years rules applies to either (a) absences or (b) cancellations made three weeks prior to the LSAT (that didn't show up on my LSAT record)?

The language of the policy is not 100% clear to me, and I'm looking for clarification/confirmation. At the very beginning, it says, "[y]ou may not take the LSAT more than three times in any two-year period." I interpreted this to mean that an absence or cancellation prior to the test is not "taking" the test.

The next sentence of the policy reads: "[t]his policy applies even if you cancel your score or if your score is not otherwise reported." Canceling your score implies that you've taken the test, which is in line with my interpretation above. HOWEVER, if you registered for the LSAT but did not take the test, your score obviously would not be reported, because you wouldn't have a score--so, could that possibly fall under the second part of that sentence? Or am I being totally paranoid and have nothing to worry about? O.o

applyingtolawschool

Re: question about the 3-LSATs-in-2-years-rule

Postby applyingtolawschool » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:25 am

Whoa, I just realized there was another thread related to this posted earlier today. There doesn't seem to be a total consensus on it, though, so I'll leave my question up for anyone to answer.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:01 am

Cancellation counts; absence doesn't.

applyingtolawschool

Postby applyingtolawschool » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:52 pm

bp shinners wrote:Cancellation counts; absence doesn't.

Thanks! Btw, I signed up for the online Blueprint class (before you answered my question)
:)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”