October 1991 LG Question16 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
epokei

New

October 1991 LG Question16

Post by epokei » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:43 am

Could anybody help me for #16? Ithought the answer was (D) because X could use at most 10days...

Also, I got confused with the rule stating that "She spends only whole days in any city."
After the rule of "She spends at least two days in each city she visits," does it mean 2days is the whole days?

I really want to find out why I got stuck...
Thank you.

EarlCat

Silver

Re: October 1991 LG Question16

Post by EarlCat » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:12 am

epokei wrote:Could anybody help me for #16? Ithought the answer was (D) because X could use at most 10days...
X could use at most 10 days only if Hannah could visit the other cities for one day each, but the rules tell us that she spends at least two days in each city. There are 5 cities other than Nomo where she must stay at least two days each. That takes 10 days, leaving only 4 to stay in Nomo.

Regarding D, she CAN spend more than 4 days in country Z. She's got 10 days to work with in 2-day blocks, and only one of those blocks has to be in country Y. That leaves 8 days she could spend in Z.

Also notice that there is no real difference for purposes of this question between Y and Z, so she could, alternatively, spend 8 days in Y. At two-days each, that means Hannah can visit four cities in country Y, which is answer choice B.

Also, I got confused with the rule stating that "She spends only whole days in any city."
After the rule of "She spends at least two days in each city she visits," does it mean 2days is the whole days?
Two whole days. The "whole days" condition just means that she does not visit more than one city in any given day.

epokei

New

Re: October 1991 LG Question16

Post by epokei » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:26 pm

Dear EarlCat.

The rule that she has to visit 6 cities has been slipped and I didn't realize that till you pointed out. Thank you very much. Helped me a lot. :D

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”