Can I use the clicking bezel of my analog watch? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
kovacs

New

Can I use the clicking bezel of my analog watch?

Post by kovacs » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:31 pm

I know that I can you my analog watch (automatic), but can I use my rotating bezel? It's to manage the time for each section. I ask because when I turn the bezel, it makes a clicking noise (120 clicks with one full circular rotation). Is such noise inappropriate? I don't think it is, and I don't think it'll be grounds of being removed from testing, but better safe than sorry.

Can'texplainthat

New

Re: Can I use the clicking bezel of my analog watch?

Post by Can'texplainthat » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:53 pm

I used one and it was no problem. I have not read anything that says they are against LSAC regulations.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:55 pm

I used the rotating bezel on a watch and no one cared, although mine didn't click when I turned it. It was very useful.

If you want to make sure you're not pissing anyone off with the noise, just set it 1-2 minutes before the proctor calls start. Everyone's making noise before the section starts.

Alternatively, you can just re-set the watch itself to 35 minutes to noon before each section and not bother with the bezel.

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:57 pm

kovacs wrote:I know that I can you my analog watch (automatic), but can I use my rotating bezel? It's to manage the time for each section. I ask because when I turn the bezel, it makes a clicking noise (120 clicks with one full circular rotation). Is such noise inappropriate? I don't think it is, and I don't think it'll be grounds of being removed from testing, but better safe than sorry.
http://www.lsac.org/jd/LSAT/day-of-test.asp#regulations

"Creating a disturbance. Disruptive behavior in any form will not be tolerated. The test supervisor has sole discretion in determining what constitutes disruptive behavior. The test supervisor is authorized to dismiss from the test center any test taker who creates a disturbance."

If you're happy to take the risk, it does not appear to be explicitly prohibited. Still, the proctor could dismiss you and you will have no recourse.

Just learn how to add 35 minutes to the current time and make a note of when you need to be done.

SnoDog

New

Post by SnoDog » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:53 pm

Does anyone have any personal experience with this? I'd like to be able to use my bezel, which makes the same clicking noises as well. I suppose I can ask the proctor before test begins but I don't want to become accustomed to using it in PTs in the event that the proctor won't allow it during the actual exam.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:02 pm

SnoDog wrote:Does anyone have any personal experience with this? I'd like to be able to use my bezel, which makes the same clicking noises as well. I suppose I can ask the proctor before test begins but I don't want to become accustomed to using it in PTs in the event that the proctor won't allow it during the actual exam.
There's absolutely no reason to be clicking it DURING the 35-minute testing periods. Set the bezel before the proctor calls 'go' and leave it alone until he calls pencils down. No one cares if you're making noise before the test section starts--EVERYONE is.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”