LSAT prep and Law school advice for undergrads Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

what types of LSAT prep did you use?

private tutoring with self study
7%
self study
40%
course and self study
47%
online course
7%

Total votes: 15

oswanson

New

LSAT prep and Law school advice for undergrads

Post by oswanson » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:37 pm

Hey guys, I am an undergraduate Student at the university of Michigan, and I wanted to get some advice from a myriad of people, I knew this would be the best place to post. First, I want to tell you guys a bit about myself. I currently have a 3.1 G.P.A, which is still subject to change, and hopefully rise, because I am only a junior. I am particularly busy because I am an athlete, but I am involved in a few organizations on campus, and am currently working in a big health care cooperation's legal department, as a paid intern. Sometime next year, more than likely the end of the next year I will be taking the LSAT. I want to get insight from people who have already taken it. I have familiarized myself with a lot of the material already, and have self studied a small amount (clearly that's not all the studying that will be needed) I would like to know what books you guys read while studying, what things seemed to help you, and if you took a course or received private tutoring. I am also curious about the application process, and more specifically applicants applying to Loyola, DePaul and Illinois. My goal is to attend law school in the Chicago area, so any advice about that would also be greatly appreciated. And last but not least, any additional random information is greatly appreciated and welcomed, so thanks.

soj

Platinum

Re: LSAT prep and Law school advice for undergrads

Post by soj » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:44 pm

PS Bibles (mandatory)
Official PrepTests (mandatory)
Manhattan guides (recommended)

Get your GPA up, sacrifice campus organizations and sports (campus orgs first) if necessary to do so.

jbates14

New

Post by jbates14 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:49 pm

There is plenty of info on this site. Look around. There is not much for you to do now besides getting familiar with the LSAT and raising your GPA. Your grades are more important than meaningless organizations. Its all about the numbers.

Kurst

Bronze

Post by Kurst » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:10 pm

oswanson wrote:I want to get insight from people who have already taken the LSAT.... I would like to know what books you guys read while studying, what things seemed to help you, and if you took a course or received private tutoring.
Great Advice on How to get 160+ on the LSAT...
oswanson wrote:I am also curious about the application process
Law School Admissions Forum
oswanson wrote:specifically applicants applying to Loyola, DePaul and Illinois
Chicago: Kent, DePaul, John Marshall and Loyola
Loyola Chicago
DePaul Law School 2014
DePaul 2L Taking Questions
DePaul Thread
Illinois Class of 2014 (With Dean Pless)
Illinois Law 1L Taking Questions
oswanson wrote:any additional random information is greatly appreciated and welcomed
This board has a search function. Use it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”