LSAC Test Center Complaint - Waiting to hear back

jyl38

LSAC Test Center Complaint - Waiting to hear back

Postby jyl38 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:51 pm

Hello,

I faxed a test center complaint to LSAC in regards to the June 6 test and just had a few questions. The main problem with my test center was that the electricity went out during the test and the proctor arbitrarily had us continue working afterwards without monitoring how much time we had lost. I was wondering how long it takes LSAC to respond; I faxed in my complaint letter on Friday, June 10, and have not heard back yet. I read on their website that they only accept proof of receipt within 14 calendar days so I'm wondering if they usually respond within that time frame. For those who have had experience with this - how long did it take them to get back to you?

I should also add that I decided to cancel my score on the spot because with the added distraction of the power going out in the middle of a tough reading comp section, I knew I was not going to score as high as I wanted to. I called LSAC afterwards to ask if I can still file a complaint and they said that I should. Has anyone else filed a test center complaint AFTER already cancelling their score? If so, what happened and how long did it take for them to respond?

I would really appreciate feedback, thanks!

Br3v

Re: LSAC Test Center Complaint - Waiting to hear back

Postby Br3v » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:55 pm

jyl38 wrote:Hello,

I faxed a test center complaint to LSAC in regards to the June 6 test and just had a few questions. The main problem with my test center was that the electricity went out during the test and the proctor arbitrarily had us continue working afterwards without monitoring how much time we had lost. I was wondering how long it takes LSAC to respond; I faxed in my complaint letter on Friday, June 10, and have not heard back yet. I read on their website that they only accept proof of receipt within 14 calendar days so I'm wondering if they usually respond within that time frame. For those who have had experience with this - how long did it take them to get back to you?

I should also add that I decided to cancel my score on the spot because with the added distraction of the power going out in the middle of a tough reading comp section, I knew I was not going to score as high as I wanted to. I called LSAC afterwards to ask if I can still file a complaint and they said that I should. Has anyone else filed a test center complaint AFTER already cancelling their score? If so, what happened and how long did it take for them to respond?

I would really appreciate feedback, thanks!

Not sure about wait time but that was an unfortunate event.

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:58 pm

I'd like to file a complaint on Br3v for responding to this thread.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:58 pm

Call them.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:58 pm

naterj wrote:I'd like to file a complaint on Br3v for responding to this thread.

The sad thing was that I intended that to be helpful

lakers3peat

Postby lakers3peat » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:20 pm

TROLLLLLL

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:20 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:Call them.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:24 am

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:Call them.

cobsss

Postby cobsss » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:01 pm

i sent it in on saturday, and received my answer yesterday (thursday)

It's all about your region and who responds to it, but i sure hope you kept proof of the fax and you should also e-mail them the complaint!

jyl38

Postby jyl38 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:12 am

cobsss wrote:i sent it in on saturday, and received my answer yesterday (thursday)

It's all about your region and who responds to it, but i sure hope you kept proof of the fax and you should also e-mail them the complaint!

If you don't mind my asking, what did they respond with?

Also: Thanks everyone but the reason I posted on here is because I've been out of the country for two weeks now so I didn't have a phone and only had limited internet access. I tried calling on a pay phone last week but was told that it is still pending review (it's been over the 14 days within which they accept proof of fax though). Good luck to those waiting for their scores!

BigRedGator

Postby BigRedGator » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:54 pm

jyl38: I'm curious where you tested. The exact same thing happened to me but the proctor gave us an appropriate amount of time that we lost sitting in the dark. Maybe you were at the same location (Jacksonville U. in Jacksonville, Fla.) and a different room, or a different location all together.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”