Kaplan on-demand course

DC_Patent_Law

Kaplan on-demand course

Postby DC_Patent_Law » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:44 pm

I'm considering getting Kaplan's on demand course ($450). They have explanations for every LSAT administered. This is mostly for checking whether my logic was correct when analyzing a wrong answer choice. Are there any other options?
Thanks,
DCPL

Kurst

Re: Kaplan on-demand course

Postby Kurst » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:43 pm

DC_Patent_Law

Postby DC_Patent_Law » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Thanks Kurst, but I was looking for more information on explanations for official preptests. I'm not really interested in going through their videos and the actual course. If I take a course it to only access the explanations for the preptests.

Kurst

Postby Kurst » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:38 pm

Kaplan's explanations are garbage. TLS, Steve Schwartz (LSAT Blog), and Atlas/Manhattan LSAT are better sources. To inquire on TLS, post the preptest #, section #, and question # (e.g. Preptest 60, section 3, question 22). Before you look for explanations, however, try to explain the question to yourself. Noah's review strategy is particularly insightful on this subject.

itookashot

Postby itookashot » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:12 pm

DC_Patent_Law wrote:I'm considering getting Kaplan's on demand course ($450). They have explanations for every LSAT administered. This is mostly for checking whether my logic was correct when analyzing a wrong answer choice. Are there any other options?
Thanks,
DCPL

I took the Kaplan's Advantage course last December. Their explanations are quite detailed and useful. I heard somebody complaining about Steve's explanations; something about he treats some questions/explanations like they are too obvious and doesnt go into detail.

Anyway, from my experience, i checked my answers with Kaplan's explanations when i first started my preparation. After a while, i got used to the test question and choice patterns and can figure out the logic myself.

Hope this helps.

DC_Patent_Law

Postby DC_Patent_Law » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:16 pm

itookashot wrote:
DC_Patent_Law wrote:I'm considering getting Kaplan's on demand course ($450). They have explanations for every LSAT administered. This is mostly for checking whether my logic was correct when analyzing a wrong answer choice. Are there any other options?
Thanks,
DCPL

I took the Kaplan's Advantage course last December. Their explanations are quite detailed and useful. I heard somebody complaining about Steve's explanations; something about he treats some questions/explanations like they are too obvious and doesnt go into detail.

Anyway, from my experience, i checked my answers with Kaplan's explanations when i first started my preparation. After a while, i got used to the test question and choice patterns and can figure out the logic myself.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, is Kaplan's Advantage course an online or classroom course?

HyeMart

Postby HyeMart » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:28 pm

i heard kaplan put their test explanations for free on some online torrents

itookashot

Postby itookashot » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:00 pm

DC_Patent_Law wrote:
itookashot wrote:
Thanks,
DCPL

Hope this helps.

Thanks, is Kaplan's Advantage course an online or classroom course?

It is an online course. two 3-hour-online sessions each week.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”