June LSAT (6/26) in South Korea Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
twaswoo

New

June LSAT (6/26) in South Korea

Post by twaswoo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:45 am

who else is taking it here??

2 weeks left... im going nuts.

sandwiches5000

Bronze

Re: June LSAT (6/26) in South Korea

Post by sandwiches5000 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:19 am

Me me me! Not freaking out at the moment but I feel like I should be. I've been studying for a while though and am very ready to get it OVER with. UGH. I've hit somewhat of a roadblock with my scores, I think. Maybe. Maybe I'm just getting bored with the exam. Have you taken it in Korea before?

SnoDog

New

Post by SnoDog » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:28 pm

I'd like to take the LSAT in a foreign country, hehe. How is the testing experience in Korea? Are you guys in the military?

Ektennis0714

New

Post by Ektennis0714 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:29 am

i'm taking it in Japan on june 26th :-( only 2 weeks left!!! I'm going crazy!!

sandwiches5000

Bronze

Post by sandwiches5000 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:33 am

I took it at Yonsei once. I'm not entirely sure if it's in the same building again because they changed the name. Everything ran smoothly and according to regulations, at least to my knowledge. I was very pleased overall, as I was a bit wary going in.

I'm not in the military, I fall into the other large category of foreigners living here- English teacher. :P

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

itimgtd

New

Post by itimgtd » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:58 am

good luck guys. i took it at yonsei a year ago and got my best score; hope that luck carries over to yall. for those who haven't taken it there yet, everything runs smoothly and the desks, proctors, etc. are all fine. if you're taking the subway get there early its a 15 - 20 min walk uphill from the subway stop.

twaswoo

New

Post by twaswoo » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:14 am

sandwiches5000 wrote:Me me me! Not freaking out at the moment but I feel like I should be. I've been studying for a while though and am very ready to get it OVER with. UGH. I've hit somewhat of a roadblock with my scores, I think. Maybe. Maybe I'm just getting bored with the exam. Have you taken it in Korea before?
yeah its the same for me. ive been studying for it for months, and i think im as prepared as i could be. still not hitting the scores i want 100% of the time, but i dont think id improve even if i studied for it more.

when was it over the last time you took it? we're reporting at 8:30 so im guessing its gonna start at 9 and maybe end around 1-2ish?

SnoDog wrote:I'd like to take the LSAT in a foreign country, hehe. How is the testing experience in Korea? Are you guys in the military?
yup im in the air force.

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:28 pm

I'm assuming you guys get an entirely different test? How does that work? Do Sabbath observers get a different one too?

twaswoo

New

Post by twaswoo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:51 am

weathercoins wrote:I'm assuming you guys get an entirely different test? How does that work? Do Sabbath observers get a different one too?
from what i understand, we get a previously administered LSAT that hasnt been disclosed yet. so it will be different from the june LSAT that was administered in the US 2 weeks ago. the exact same curve applys to us, so we are neither at an advantage nor at a disadvantage.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bk641

Bronze

Post by bk641 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:49 am

twaswoo wrote:
weathercoins wrote:I'm assuming you guys get an entirely different test? How does that work? Do Sabbath observers get a different one too?
from what i understand, we get a previously administered LSAT that hasnt been disclosed yet. so it will be different from the june LSAT that was administered in the US 2 weeks ago. the exact same curve applys to us, so we are neither at an advantage nor at a disadvantage.
i did not know that.

i was an undergrad at yonsei, and the building that they're using this time around is actually not up that steep hill but just below it, which will save you energy and two or so minutes. :lol:

sandwiches5000

Bronze

Post by sandwiches5000 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:21 am

I thought it was different from the building it was in last time! Good to know. :)

As for the timing, I think when I took it in Oct. at Yonsei it was over at around 2 p.m.

keldrian

New

Post by keldrian » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:16 am

Hey guys,

I'm taking the June exam in Seoul as well....
It seems like some of u are already familar with Yonsei. Do you guys know where we might be able to leave our bags/cellphones before we go to the test center?
This is my first time taking the exam and I wasn't sure if there were any facilities in the vicinity where test takers might be able to store stuff or not.
(and honestly I don't think I'm traveling to Seoul with just a ziplock bag in my hand...)

Good Luck on the last couple nerve-racking days!

rivermaker

Bronze

Post by rivermaker » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:57 pm

the test site at Yonsei was pretty damn nice. Got two desks instead of one and proctors were cool as hell. Bunch of people brought their cell phones and just got confiscated :roll:

bk641

Bronze

Post by bk641 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:15 am

keldrian wrote:Hey guys,

I'm taking the June exam in Seoul as well....
It seems like some of u are already familar with Yonsei. Do you guys know where we might be able to leave our bags/cellphones before we go to the test center?
This is my first time taking the exam and I wasn't sure if there were any facilities in the vicinity where test takers might be able to store stuff or not.
(and honestly I don't think I'm traveling to Seoul with just a ziplock bag in my hand...)

Good Luck on the last couple nerve-racking days!
they made us leave them in a heap inside the entrance to the building where the security guard was. was no problem.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”