June LSAT (6/26) in South Korea

User avatar
twaswoo
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:16 am

June LSAT (6/26) in South Korea

Postby twaswoo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:45 am

who else is taking it here??

2 weeks left... im going nuts.

User avatar
sandwiches5000
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:54 pm

Re: June LSAT (6/26) in South Korea

Postby sandwiches5000 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:19 am

Me me me! Not freaking out at the moment but I feel like I should be. I've been studying for a while though and am very ready to get it OVER with. UGH. I've hit somewhat of a roadblock with my scores, I think. Maybe. Maybe I'm just getting bored with the exam. Have you taken it in Korea before?

SnoDog
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:19 am

Re: June LSAT (6/26) in South Korea

Postby SnoDog » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:28 pm

I'd like to take the LSAT in a foreign country, hehe. How is the testing experience in Korea? Are you guys in the military?

Ektennis0714
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 12:31 am

Re: June LSAT (6/26) in South Korea

Postby Ektennis0714 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:29 am

i'm taking it in Japan on june 26th :-( only 2 weeks left!!! I'm going crazy!!

User avatar
sandwiches5000
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:54 pm

Re: June LSAT (6/26) in South Korea

Postby sandwiches5000 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:33 am

I took it at Yonsei once. I'm not entirely sure if it's in the same building again because they changed the name. Everything ran smoothly and according to regulations, at least to my knowledge. I was very pleased overall, as I was a bit wary going in.

I'm not in the military, I fall into the other large category of foreigners living here- English teacher. :P

itimgtd
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: June LSAT (6/26) in South Korea

Postby itimgtd » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:58 am

good luck guys. i took it at yonsei a year ago and got my best score; hope that luck carries over to yall. for those who haven't taken it there yet, everything runs smoothly and the desks, proctors, etc. are all fine. if you're taking the subway get there early its a 15 - 20 min walk uphill from the subway stop.

User avatar
twaswoo
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:16 am

Re: June LSAT (6/26) in South Korea

Postby twaswoo » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:14 am

sandwiches5000 wrote:Me me me! Not freaking out at the moment but I feel like I should be. I've been studying for a while though and am very ready to get it OVER with. UGH. I've hit somewhat of a roadblock with my scores, I think. Maybe. Maybe I'm just getting bored with the exam. Have you taken it in Korea before?


yeah its the same for me. ive been studying for it for months, and i think im as prepared as i could be. still not hitting the scores i want 100% of the time, but i dont think id improve even if i studied for it more.

when was it over the last time you took it? we're reporting at 8:30 so im guessing its gonna start at 9 and maybe end around 1-2ish?



SnoDog wrote:I'd like to take the LSAT in a foreign country, hehe. How is the testing experience in Korea? Are you guys in the military?


yup im in the air force.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: June LSAT (6/26) in South Korea

Postby wtrc » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:28 pm

I'm assuming you guys get an entirely different test? How does that work? Do Sabbath observers get a different one too?

User avatar
twaswoo
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:16 am

Re: June LSAT (6/26) in South Korea

Postby twaswoo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:51 am

weathercoins wrote:I'm assuming you guys get an entirely different test? How does that work? Do Sabbath observers get a different one too?


from what i understand, we get a previously administered LSAT that hasnt been disclosed yet. so it will be different from the june LSAT that was administered in the US 2 weeks ago. the exact same curve applys to us, so we are neither at an advantage nor at a disadvantage.

User avatar
bk641
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:22 am

Re: June LSAT (6/26) in South Korea

Postby bk641 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:49 am

twaswoo wrote:
weathercoins wrote:I'm assuming you guys get an entirely different test? How does that work? Do Sabbath observers get a different one too?


from what i understand, we get a previously administered LSAT that hasnt been disclosed yet. so it will be different from the june LSAT that was administered in the US 2 weeks ago. the exact same curve applys to us, so we are neither at an advantage nor at a disadvantage.


i did not know that.

i was an undergrad at yonsei, and the building that they're using this time around is actually not up that steep hill but just below it, which will save you energy and two or so minutes. :lol:

User avatar
sandwiches5000
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:54 pm

Re: June LSAT (6/26) in South Korea

Postby sandwiches5000 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:21 am

I thought it was different from the building it was in last time! Good to know. :)

As for the timing, I think when I took it in Oct. at Yonsei it was over at around 2 p.m.

keldrian
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:10 am

Re: June LSAT (6/26) in South Korea

Postby keldrian » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:16 am

Hey guys,

I'm taking the June exam in Seoul as well....
It seems like some of u are already familar with Yonsei. Do you guys know where we might be able to leave our bags/cellphones before we go to the test center?
This is my first time taking the exam and I wasn't sure if there were any facilities in the vicinity where test takers might be able to store stuff or not.
(and honestly I don't think I'm traveling to Seoul with just a ziplock bag in my hand...)


Good Luck on the last couple nerve-racking days!

User avatar
rivermaker
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Re: June LSAT (6/26) in South Korea

Postby rivermaker » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:57 pm

the test site at Yonsei was pretty damn nice. Got two desks instead of one and proctors were cool as hell. Bunch of people brought their cell phones and just got confiscated :roll:

User avatar
bk641
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:22 am

Re: June LSAT (6/26) in South Korea

Postby bk641 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:15 am

keldrian wrote:Hey guys,

I'm taking the June exam in Seoul as well....
It seems like some of u are already familar with Yonsei. Do you guys know where we might be able to leave our bags/cellphones before we go to the test center?
This is my first time taking the exam and I wasn't sure if there were any facilities in the vicinity where test takers might be able to store stuff or not.
(and honestly I don't think I'm traveling to Seoul with just a ziplock bag in my hand...)


Good Luck on the last couple nerve-racking days!


they made us leave them in a heap inside the entrance to the building where the security guard was. was no problem.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests