preptests with explanations

jbates14

preptests with explanations

Postby jbates14 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:01 pm

I was just searching the internet for the best option to get PTs 39-51 and I came across the lsatblog's PTs with LR explanations (http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/ls ... nload.html). Has anyone used these before and are they helpful? I figured that if I am buying the PTs then I might as well get them with the explanations. The only problem that I see is that they are in pdf format. If anyone else has any advice for me then that would greatly appreciated as well. I already have the three bibles, superprep and the 4 books of official PTs. I was just looking to get the rest of the PTs and possibly another book.

tehrocstar

Re: preptests with explanations

Postby tehrocstar » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am

I purchased the LR Explanations for test 44-62, they are labeled "Harvard Ready." Not sure if these are the same explanations that accompany the preptest, although I reckon that they are.

In any case, the explanations are far more brief than my expectations, and although they steer me into the right direction of me thinking why an answer is correct or incorrect, they don't explain them in detail. For example, explaining the type of flaw in a wrong answer choice would have been desired. I find the explanations mediocre.

DC_Patent_Law

Postby DC_Patent_Law » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:13 pm

I'm actually thinking of getting the Kaplan online course because they offer explanations for every test administered. The good part about having explanations is you're not fooling yourself with a made up explanation that might be wrong.

nshapkar

Postby nshapkar » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:06 pm

DC_Patent_Law wrote:I'm actually thinking of getting the Kaplan online course because they offer explanations for every test administered. The good part about having explanations is you're not fooling yourself with a made up explanation that might be wrong.

Kaplan explanations are shit. I took a kaplan course and the explanations did not help at all. I'm studying on my own now and drilling specific question types. When I get something wrong I write out why I got it wrong and why the correct answer is right and the others are wrong. I find this much more useful then reading someone else's explanations because after a while it becomes more of a process and I get complacent. Use the bibles, read a chapter drill that specific question type, it's quite helpful.

DC_Patent_Law

Postby DC_Patent_Law » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:23 pm

nshapkar wrote:
DC_Patent_Law wrote:I'm actually thinking of getting the Kaplan online course because they offer explanations for every test administered. The good part about having explanations is you're not fooling yourself with a made up explanation that might be wrong.

Kaplan explanations are shit. I took a kaplan course and the explanations did not help at all. I'm studying on my own now and drilling specific question types. When I get something wrong I write out why I got it wrong and why the correct answer is right and the others are wrong. I find this much more useful then reading someone else's explanations because after a while it becomes more of a process and I get complacent. Use the bibles, read a chapter drill that specific question type, it's quite helpful.

I've read this tactic on TLS a lot, but there are just soo many question to go through. How do you find the time to do it? I have a 9-10 hour/day job. I'm scoring in the 155's so I'm getting a lot of questions wrong. I go over the wrong questions to figure them out but not to this extent.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”