lsat.blogspot.com Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ajscalingi

New

lsat.blogspot.com

Post by ajscalingi » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:23 am

Hey everyone, I hope i'm not asking a question that has already been answered, but has anyone purchased the LSAT "day by day study planner," from the website lsat.blogspot.com?

I'd love to hear any opinions from people who have purchased the planner.

Thank you everyone.

greenchair

Bronze

Re: lsat.blogspot.com

Post by greenchair » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:51 am

I have. There are many minor errors that get irritating after a while. For example, it would tell you one correct answer in the explanation and there would be a typo further down the page saying another letter is the correct answer.

Some explanations are very short and unhelpful, especially toward the later prep tests. It seems like whenever the author thinks an answer choice is *obviously* wrong, he would make sure to tell you that it's *obviously* wrong and then don't go into much detail in the explanation. You can tell the author was getting tired of writing the explanations. It kind of seems like the author was working under a word limit per explanation, trying to explain things as concisely as possible, even if it sacrifices clarity.

Paraflam

Bronze

Post by Paraflam » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:34 am

I bought the 7-month day by day schedule the other day. I started off using pithypike's method and I can honestly say I liked that better. It made way more sense. With the lsatblog one he has you doing games that he's made up by himself (which I thought you weren't supposed to do?) instead of original LSAC questions and the explanations for them aren't all that thorough. Also, he's got you attempting new game types before you even know anything about them. For example, he'll say "do this advanced linear game that I made up" before "read pages xx-xx in LGB." Well, how am I supposed to know how to approach/diagram your game if I haven't read the LGB yet? I don't know, I'm only a few weeks into it but it seems very unorganized to me.

amorfati

Bronze

Post by amorfati » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:56 am

I don't know about this (the day-by-day thing), but I did use the LSAT Blog's 4-month weekly study schedule to prep for the LSAT, and I thought it was excellent. (Well, with the exception of reading "A Rulebook for Arguments," which I thought was kind of a waste.)

Personally, I think he does a great job of breaking it down week-by-week and helping to set a reasonable study pace - but beyond that, I would rather have the flexibility of splitting up an individual week's worth of work according to my schedule/personal working style/etc.

Also, I think his recommendations are spot-on when it comes to sifting through all the study guide publishers and their books. As for his original logic games, I think the big difference is that he tells you from the beginning that they are not real games and are just for extra practice, whereas a lot of companies who write their own act as if they are really a legitimate way to prep. If I remember correctly, he also has a post where he points out the flaws in some testing companies original questions (meaning how they differ from real LSAT questions), and from what I could tell he strives to avoid those mistakes.

...Wow, I just realized I totally sound like an undercover rep for the LSAT Blog, haha. But anyway, point being - aside from its imperfections, the site really helped me out tremendously when I was prepping... I think at the very least it's a great starting point, especially for their more general study schedules.

Good luck!

ajscalingi

New

Post by ajscalingi » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:38 pm

Great! Thank you so much for the input everyone. I think I may just use the Pithypike study guide, as it seems a lot of people speak highly of it.

greenchair

Bronze

Post by greenchair » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:50 pm

Maybe I should work on my reading comprehension... you didn't ask about the LR answer guide...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”