Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

User avatar
FantasticMrFox
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby FantasticMrFox » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:30 pm

seancris wrote:I wonder if this qualifies OP as a URM?

lolwut?

imjustjoking22
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:46 am

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby imjustjoking22 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:46 pm

seancris wrote:I wonder if this qualifies OP as a URM?


If you think this is true, then you've never spent any significant amount of time on public transportation.


:mrgreen:

justbubbles
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:20 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby justbubbles » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:46 pm

Rock-N-Roll wrote:Even if a flame, I think this is an interesting question. The medical conditions that I typically thought required LSAT accommodation were those that affected the test taker's ability to perform on the exam, while here the OP is describing a condition that would rather more seriously affect those people in the vicinity of the test taker.

I wonder how and if LSAC has accommodated those with Tourette's Syndrome? I think that it might be similar.

In terms of what to tell schools on applications if one gets accommodation for an embarrassing condition - Is it necessary to get into the specific symptoms of one's medical ailment? I would think something general would work like, "I received accommodation for a GI condition."


Good question.

LSAC has gone to the extent of re-writing a "special much easier version of the LSAT" for people taking the test in China, India, etc. (where English is a 2nd language). I don't see why LSAC would make accommodation an issue in this case (if this is all true).

User avatar
FantasticMrFox
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby FantasticMrFox » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:09 pm

justbubbles wrote:
Rock-N-Roll wrote:Even if a flame, I think this is an interesting question. The medical conditions that I typically thought required LSAT accommodation were those that affected the test taker's ability to perform on the exam, while here the OP is describing a condition that would rather more seriously affect those people in the vicinity of the test taker.

I wonder how and if LSAC has accommodated those with Tourette's Syndrome? I think that it might be similar.

In terms of what to tell schools on applications if one gets accommodation for an embarrassing condition - Is it necessary to get into the specific symptoms of one's medical ailment? I would think something general would work like, "I received accommodation for a GI condition."


Good question.

LSAC has gone to the extent of re-writing a "special much easier version of the LSAT" for people taking the test in China, India, etc. (where English is a 2nd language). I don't see why LSAC would make accommodation an issue in this case (if this is all true).

Re: bolded Really? Then why don't people go to China etc to take the test? (the Chinese and the Indians, I mean and wherever else they offer this "easier" version)...that seems unlikely and if it's practiced, highly unfair.

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby Jeffort » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

FantasticMrFox wrote:Re: bolded Really? Then why don't people go to China etc to take the test? (the Chinese and the Indians, I mean and wherever else they offer this "easier" version)...that seems unlikely and if it's practiced, highly unfair.


It's real, but those LSAT scores are not acceptable for applying to US, Canadian and other ABA law schools. They are for law schools in their country.

--LinkRemoved--

and the free to download test:

--LinkRemoved--

It's a modified version of June 2007.
Last edited by Jeffort on Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby seancris » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:18 pm

imjustjoking22 wrote:
seancris wrote:I wonder if this qualifies OP as a URM?


If you think this is true, then you've never spent any significant amount of time on public transportation.


:mrgreen:


:lol:

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby incompetentia » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:29 pm

Jeffort wrote:
FantasticMrFox wrote:Re: bolded Really? Then why don't people go to China etc to take the test? (the Chinese and the Indians, I mean and wherever else they offer this "easier" version)...that seems unlikely and if it's practiced, highly unfair.


It's real, but those LSAT scores are not acceptable for applying to US, Canadian and other ABA law schools. They are for law schools in their country.

--LinkRemoved--

and the free to download test:

--LinkRemoved--

It's a modified version of June 2007.

Looks like an undergrad law degree to start with, anyway.

User avatar
FantasticMrFox
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby FantasticMrFox » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:32 pm

Jeffort wrote:
FantasticMrFox wrote:Re: bolded Really? Then why don't people go to China etc to take the test? (the Chinese and the Indians, I mean and wherever else they offer this "easier" version)...that seems unlikely and if it's practiced, highly unfair.


It's real, but those LSAT scores are not acceptable for applying to US, Canadian and other ABA law schools. They are for law schools in their country.

--LinkRemoved--

and the free to download test:

--LinkRemoved--

It's a modified version of June 2007.

Ah so then it's irrelevant to OP's problem and completely different from "LSAT"

User avatar
JordynAsh
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby JordynAsh » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:33 pm

dr123 wrote:Just fart hella while taking the LSAT, itll throw everyone else off.

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby Jeffort » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:11 pm

FantasticMrFox wrote:
Jeffort wrote:
FantasticMrFox wrote:Re: bolded Really? Then why don't people go to China etc to take the test? (the Chinese and the Indians, I mean and wherever else they offer this "easier" version)...that seems unlikely and if it's practiced, highly unfair.


It's real, but those LSAT scores are not acceptable for applying to US, Canadian and other ABA law schools. They are for law schools in their country.

--LinkRemoved--

and the free to download test:

--LinkRemoved--

It's a modified version of June 2007.

Ah so then it's irrelevant to OP's problem and completely different from "LSAT"


Yeah, unless OP wants to get a law degree in India or China. Although, given that spicy foods and stuff made from beans is eaten a lot in India, I think the fellow test takers in the room would be a lot more understanding and forgiving about the flatulence.

justbubbles
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:20 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby justbubbles » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:43 pm

Jeffort wrote:
FantasticMrFox wrote:Re: bolded Really? Then why don't people go to China etc to take the test? (the Chinese and the Indians, I mean and wherever else they offer this "easier" version)...that seems unlikely and if it's practiced, highly unfair.


It's real, but those LSAT scores are not acceptable for applying to US, Canadian and other ABA law schools. They are for law schools in their country.

--LinkRemoved--

and the free to download test:

--LinkRemoved--

It's a modified version of June 2007.


Interesting. What if someone on that side of the world wanted to attend a US ABA or a Canadian school? I am guessing they'd have to take the as-is LSAT like we all do?

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby Jeffort » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:36 pm

justbubbles wrote:
Jeffort wrote:
FantasticMrFox wrote:Re: bolded Really? Then why don't people go to China etc to take the test? (the Chinese and the Indians, I mean and wherever else they offer this "easier" version)...that seems unlikely and if it's practiced, highly unfair.


It's real, but those LSAT scores are not acceptable for applying to US, Canadian and other ABA law schools. They are for law schools in their country.

--LinkRemoved--

and the free to download test:

--LinkRemoved--

It's a modified version of June 2007.


Interesting. What if someone on that side of the world wanted to attend a US ABA or a Canadian school? I am guessing they'd have to take the as-is LSAT like we all do?


Yeah, and depending on where they live there might even be a test center nearby for the US/ABA LS LSAT.

The India one is funky when you compare it to the free June 2007 LSAT since it is simply a modified version of it. Some questions only have 4 answer choices but others have 5. It's all the same scored questions but heavily modified in interesting ways.

justbubbles
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:20 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby justbubbles » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:12 pm

Interesting. So I guess if a candidate wanted to apply to schools both in India and the US, s/he would have to take two separate seatings of the same LSAT? :lol:

User avatar
AreJay711
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby AreJay711 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:18 pm

justbubbles wrote:Interesting. So I guess if a candidate wanted to apply to schools both in India and the US, s/he would have to take two separate seatings of the same LSAT? :lol:

You could probably use it to your advantage... if you wanted to go to law school in India and do all the shit work that ppl here get paid too much to do.

justbubbles
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:20 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby justbubbles » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:02 pm

....

justbubbles
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:20 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby justbubbles » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:21 pm

AreJay711 wrote:
justbubbles wrote:Interesting. So I guess if a candidate wanted to apply to schools both in India and the US, s/he would have to take two separate seatings of the same LSAT? :lol:

You could probably use it to your advantage... if you wanted to go to law school in India and do all the shit work that ppl here get paid too much to do.


I just came to know about someone (through a 3rd party) who took the LSAT in Asia (India, I think) and applied to a US school. She was working at an NGO after undergrad, even though she went to a school in the US for undergrad.

If she took the "easier" 4-answer choice LSAT as opposed to the "difficult" 5-answer choice LSAT that we take over here, then that would be really unfair.

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby Jeffort » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:02 am

justbubbles wrote:
AreJay711 wrote:
justbubbles wrote:Interesting. So I guess if a candidate wanted to apply to schools both in India and the US, s/he would have to take two separate seatings of the same LSAT? :lol:

You could probably use it to your advantage... if you wanted to go to law school in India and do all the shit work that ppl here get paid too much to do.


I just came to know about someone (through a 3rd party) who took the LSAT in Asia (India, I think) and applied to a US school. She was working at an NGO after undergrad, even though she went to a school in the US for undergrad.

If she took the "easier" 4-answer choice LSAT as opposed to the "difficult" 5-answer choice LSAT that we take over here, then that would be really unfair.


The LSAT-India version is only used for applying to one of the few law schools in India in order to get an India law degree to become a lawyer there to work in their court/legal system. It is not accepted by US/Canada ABA law schools when applying for admission. Same goes for the China-LSAT version. It's for residents of China to apply to law school programs there and learn about the communist laws of the country and be allowed to participate in their wonderful *cough legal/judicial/government systems.

The standard LSAT used for applying to ABA law schools is administered in many international locations including India and China. Just because somebody took the LSAT in India or China does not mean they took the LSAT-India or LSAT-China version.

LSAT_Tutor
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:21 am

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby LSAT_Tutor » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:07 am

No Flames in this Thread Please!
Image




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, EWofNell, Instrumental, Pozzo, qemini1594, somedeadman, TomCruisin, Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests