Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby Gemini » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:34 am

Image

User avatar
tyro
Posts: 648
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:23 am

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby tyro » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:35 am

incompetentia wrote:A flame, or not a flame--that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The humiliation of outrageous trolling
Or to take arms against the possibility
And by opposing run them out. To try, to creep--
No more--and by creeping to say we wait
For trollface, and the thousand other posts
That "ain't even mad". 'Tis a consummation
Expected but surprising. To try, to creep--
To creep--perchance to blaspheme: ay, there's the rub,
For in that snark of trolls what interpretations may come
When others have assumed your posts are serious
Must give us pause.


Wow that was great, will give it a go.


In the last whisker of nightshine,
I followed the toot of a trumpet
Up into a wood of snickery.
A frail wind brisked my nostrils,
And at once it became clear:
This was a trick.
A trail for Hansel and Gretel.

The trail led me upstream,
To a hut of sunken wheat.
Through the window I saw the troll
Sprawled out with a glass of wine.
I sniffed for signs of toots,
But instead what I saw
Sent chills across my spine.
A message on her screen,
Clearly, a final thought:
"TLS, suckers, I like ice cream"

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby seancris » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:54 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby BlueDiamond » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:52 am

hahaha dude farts uncontrollably

User avatar
Lawquacious
Posts: 2037
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby Lawquacious » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:03 am

tyro wrote:
incompetentia wrote:A flame, or not a flame--that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The humiliation of outrageous trolling
Or to take arms against the possibility
And by opposing run them out. To try, to creep--
No more--and by creeping to say we wait
For trollface, and the thousand other posts
That "ain't even mad". 'Tis a consummation
Expected but surprising. To try, to creep--
To creep--perchance to blaspheme: ay, there's the rub,
For in that snark of trolls what interpretations may come
When others have assumed your posts are serious
Must give us pause.


Wow that was great, will give it a go.


In the last whisker of nightshine,
I followed the toot of a trumpet
Up into a wood of snickery.
A frail wind brisked my nostrils,
And at once it became clear:
This was a trick.
A trail for Hansel and Gretel.

The trail led me upstream,
To a hut of sunken wheat.
Through the window I saw the troll
Sprawled out with a glass of wine.
I sniffed for signs of toots,
But instead what I saw
Sent chills across my spine.
A message on her screen,
Clearly, a final thought:
"TLS, suckers, I like ice cream"



LMAO. Wow. "The Toots of November" and "No, Not Even Mad." Truly modern classics.. very well done. :lol:

User avatar
Lawquacious
Posts: 2037
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby Lawquacious » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:09 am

HYS_or_Bust wrote:Gemini: thank you but no need to quibble with the naysayers. They can easily query this on the net. These clowns are the real trolls/flames. Ignore their drivel and invectives.



OK.. this makes me think that you are a troll. Invective? Quibble? What, do you also need accommodation for being from the 18th Century?



I did know a dude though who had such a serious fart problem that nobody wanted to be near him. It wasn't that he farted a lot, it was that the farts reeked to supernatural levels. Literally overpowering. Seriously, this dude couldn't seem to help it and it was SOOO f-ing bad. It was hilarious, but I did kind of feel for the guy.
Last edited by Lawquacious on Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lawquacious
Posts: 2037
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby Lawquacious » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:11 am

From Wikipedia:


_______________________________________
Flatulence (Not to be confused with Queef).

Flatulence is the expulsion through the rectum of a mixture of gases that are byproducts of the digestion process of mammals and other animals. The mixture of gases is known as flatus in medspeak, informally as a fart, or simply (in American English) gas, and is expelled from the rectum in a process colloquially referred to as "passing gas", "breaking wind" or "farting". Flatus is brought to the rectum by the same peristaltic process which causes feces to descend from the large intestine. The noises commonly associated with flatulence are caused by the vibration of the anal sphincter, and occasionally by the closed buttocks.
_______________________________________

I am dying laughing here... I am such a sucker for bathroom humor.

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby Deuce » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:23 am

I didn't read any of the op, but I'm still loling simply from the title of thsi thread

User avatar
Rock-N-Roll
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:16 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby Rock-N-Roll » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:28 am

Even if a flame, I think this is an interesting question. The medical conditions that I typically thought required LSAT accommodation were those that affected the test taker's ability to perform on the exam, while here the OP is describing a condition that would rather more seriously affect those people in the vicinity of the test taker.

I wonder how and if LSAC has accommodated those with Tourette's Syndrome? I think that it might be similar.

In terms of what to tell schools on applications if one gets accommodation for an embarrassing condition - Is it necessary to get into the specific symptoms of one's medical ailment? I would think something general would work like, "I received accommodation for a GI condition."

lsatcrazy
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 8:08 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby lsatcrazy » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:04 pm

.
Last edited by lsatcrazy on Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby Lawst » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:00 am

Dude, just wear fart pants, already. Science is on it.

--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
PinkCow
Posts: 786
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 am

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby PinkCow » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:11 am

A girl in my grade in High School had the hiccups for about 3 semesters straight. About 1.5 semesters in, the teachers were getting clearly annoyed, even though she had no way of controlling it. It was actually quite sad :(

But farting is an entirely different story. In the words of Mr. Devito, "Poop's funny!"

User avatar
Lawquacious
Posts: 2037
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby Lawquacious » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:13 am


redwings15
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:23 am

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby redwings15 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:25 am

Flame

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby fatduck » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:54 am

redwings15 wrote:Flame

lighters are not allowed in the testing area

User avatar
Lawquacious
Posts: 2037
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby Lawquacious » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:00 am

Next up on the docket:

Would this be considered a soft?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd5CyNyz ... re=related

User avatar
tyro
Posts: 648
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:23 am

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby tyro » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:02 am

fatduck wrote:
redwings15 wrote:Flame

lighters are not allowed in the testing area


Especially not with the circumstances ITT.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby wtrc » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:28 am

If this is for real, I still wouldn't seek accommodation. If you can't take a test with others, admission officers will be hesitant to let you take classes etc. in law school with others, as they should be. Regardless of the fact that your issue might be solved sometime soon. If you can't take the LSAT with everyone now, then wait until you no longer have this problem and take it. Do not seek accommodation, or you will have a serious disadvantage.

User avatar
Mitch McDeere
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:57 am

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby Mitch McDeere » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:43 am

I would not be so quick to call flame on this one. I have a family friend who works for a federal agency in D.C. with this exact condition. He didn't realize that excessive flatulence was a medically recognized condition until his coworkers insisted that he see a doctor about it. Apparently it had gotten to the point where it was disruptive to the others in his office. Due to his condition, he now works from home most of the time, going to the office only when he absolutely needs to. He jokes that this condition was the best thing to ever happen to him.

As to OP's actual question, I don't really know if they'll make accommodations for you (although they should), but I don't see any harm in contacting LSAC to find out.

User avatar
Paraflam
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby Paraflam » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:14 am

Mitch McDeere wrote:I would not be so quick to call flame on this one. I have a family friend who works for a federal agency in D.C. with this exact condition. He didn't realize that excessive flatulence was a medically recognized condition until his coworkers insisted that he see a doctor about it. Apparently it had gotten to the point where it was disruptive to the others in his office. Due to his condition, he now works from home most of the time, going to the office only when he absolutely needs to. He jokes that this condition was the best thing to ever happen to him.

As to OP's actual question, I don't really know if they'll make accommodations for you (although they should), but I don't see any harm in contacting LSAC to find out.


Just because it's a medically recognized condition doesn't mean this thread isn't a flame.

User avatar
Shooter
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby Shooter » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:42 am

Somebody light a flame all up in here. Thread doesn't smell right.

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby Lawst » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:18 pm

Also, being a lawyer who has this condition would be problematic, too, no? I guess maybe if OP doesn't have to be in court much? It would be a good secret weapon though for negotiations or mediation. "We're not leaving this room until we work out a deal!"

Giraffe
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:09 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby Giraffe » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:15 pm

i love this board

TMC116
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby TMC116 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:39 pm

Lawquacious wrote:From Wikipedia:


_______________________________________
Flatulence (Not to be confused with Queef).

Flatulence is the expulsion through the rectum of a mixture of gases that are byproducts of the digestion process of mammals and other animals. The mixture of gases is known as flatus in medspeak, informally as a fart, or simply (in American English) gas, and is expelled from the rectum in a process colloquially referred to as "passing gas", "breaking wind" or "farting". Flatus is brought to the rectum by the same peristaltic process which causes feces to descend from the large intestine. The noises commonly associated with flatulence are caused by the vibration of the anal sphincter, and occasionally by the closed buttocks.
_______________________________________

I am dying laughing here... I am such a sucker for bathroom humor.



I really appreciate the "toxicity" section of the wiki page...

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: Excessive flatulence: possible reason to seek accommodation?

Postby seancris » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:26 am

I wonder if this qualifies OP as a URM?




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, aw_1234, Veil of Ignorance, VMars, Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests