Postby cogitoergosum » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:52 pm

Last edited by cogitoergosum on Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Re-take?

Postby JD2014 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:00 pm

If you do end up going to a TT, raising your score from a 165 will also raise the chances that you get significant money from them. BLS and Cardozo have issues, but with a scholarship some of those go away. Also, if you catch a small amount of money from Fordham, that might sway you.

Either way, no one on this board will ever tell someone not to retake.

Postby NYCLSATTutor » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:12 am

Taking the test will definitely improve your chances, but you need to compare it against what you are losing by spending several more months studying for the test. Getting a 175 or even a 170'ish will greatly improve your chances of receiving money at Fordham/Cardozo/BLS and of getting into NYU/Columbia. That being said, unless you get around a 175 (or higher) your chances at Columbia/NYU are slim. Even with a 175 they will be a bit iffy (although I got into NYU with a 175 and a its doable).

That being said, doing worse will not really hurt you at all. As far as I know, Cardozo/BLS/Fordham all just take the highest score (although you should check with the schools). Therefore a re-take where you do worse won't really hurt you.

Re-taking the test seems like it can only help you, and not hurt you. Of course that is just looking at it from a school-based perspective. It is still months more of studying and anxiety about the test, which may not be worth it.

Postby incompetentia » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:17 am ... r=desc&p=3

3.11/170 would be in the ballpark for receiving some money from Fordham. That magic 7 will open some doors if you can get there.

I agree with the above - no downside to a retake (other than time lost studying, but what of it?)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”