proctor called stop early for June lsat

epark84

proctor called stop early for June lsat

Postby epark84 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:26 pm

During our second section of the June lsat, the proctor called "5 minutes left", when there was actually eight. Then she called stop, when there were 3 minutes.

At the time I thought something was wrong with my watch, but during the break a number of people were complaining about it. I spoke to the proctor about it, but she just denied that it happened. Is there anything that I can do about it at this point?

seancris

Re: proctor called stop early for June lsat

Postby seancris » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:28 pm

I'm positive that you can complain to LSAC and ask them to declare that there was something irregular about your testing experience. I don't know how to go forward with that, but someone else will.

I'm also positive that it will likely delay recieving your score for a number of weeks.

TNFSkier16

Postby TNFSkier16 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:31 pm

Did this happen at NVCC in Northern VA? B/c the EXACT same thing happened to me on the October LSAT. I wonder if it was the same idiot proctor.

epark84

Postby epark84 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:06 pm

do you think reporting this to lsac will have any benefit? i wonder if law schools take into account that there was a test irregularity noted in the application

hey skier i took mine at brookdale community college in NJ. did you contact lsac about it?

TNFSkier16

Postby TNFSkier16 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:08 pm

epark84 wrote:do you think reporting this to lsac will have any benefit? i wonder if law schools take into account that there was a test irregularity noted in the application

hey skier i took mine at brookdale community college in NJ. did you contact lsac about it?

I never contacted LSAT. It was my third try and I was fed up with the entire process by then. I probably should have. I scored about 10 points lower than where I was consistently testing at (5-7 tests if I remember).

greenchair

Postby greenchair » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:56 pm

I don't understand how this can happen. Are proctors that grossly incompetent? Because at my testing center, the proctor had a timer "supplied by the LSAT." I don't know if he was just telling us that, but he read the five minute warning off the timer, and the section ended when the timer beeped.

How do you screw this up?

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:58 pm

epark84 wrote:do you think reporting this to lsac will have any benefit? i wonder if law schools take into account that there was a test irregularity noted in the application

IIRC, they may offer to let you take it again for free, but it's not like you'll get a boost or a consideration from law schools if the test irregularity is noted. It will, however, explain large score discrepancies easily.

Bittner1989

Postby Bittner1989 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:08 pm

That's where I took it. Which section was this?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”