Today. Now or Never..... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Lawless2011

New

Today. Now or Never.....

Post by Lawless2011 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:11 am

:| Today is the last day to cancel. Anyone having second thoughts like I am (trying to keep myself from jumping off the ledge). I dont feel I did too well especially RC. LG was great and so so on the LR. This was my 3rd attempt with low 150's scores in kaplan course
Last edited by Lawless2011 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

seancris

Silver

Re: Today. Now or Never.....

Post by seancris » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:16 am

Sounds like you shouldn't cancel, if that's what you're asking.

Aside from that, how is it the last day to cancel? I thought we had six business days to cancel, the test was only four days ago.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:20 am

One of your earlier posts stated that your highest LSAT score was 141. Is that correct ? If so, keep this score as you need a score in the 150s to have reasonable options. Also, many June test-takers feel that the RC section was unusually difficult. You may have done better than you think. And, bluntly speaking, if it is accurate that your prior test sittings resulted in a high score of 141, you can only improve as even another low score won't hurt.

Lawless2011

New

Post by Lawless2011 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:30 am

CanadianWolf wrote:One of your earlier posts stated that your highest LSAT score was 141. Is that correct ? If so, keep this score as you need a score in the 150s to have reasonable options. Also, many June test-takers feel that the RC section was unusually difficult. You may have done better than you think. And, bluntly speaking, if it is accurate that your prior test sittings resulted in a high score of 141, you can only improve as even another low score won't hurt.

Yes highest was 141 and I took a kaplan course and was averaging low 150's ..its not what im aiming for and too many scores to me dont look to good. I was aiming for 160's so im considering canceling

ly2010

Bronze

Post by ly2010 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:30 am

seancris wrote:Sounds like you shouldn't cancel, if that's what you're asking.

Aside from that, how is it the last day to cancel? I thought we had six business days to cancel, the test was only four days ago.
Yeah, I keep on seeing that today is the last day. Isn't it tomorrow?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lawless2011

New

Post by Lawless2011 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:34 am

ly2010 wrote:

I saw that too but just to be on the safe side im canceling asap

ly2010

Bronze

Post by ly2010 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:40 am

I have spent a lot of time decide myself whether I should cancel or not. I've also gotten a lot of advice. I wouldn't cancel if I were you. You need one good score and you never know what will happen next time you take it. I was prepared to take the June LSAT averaging ~164 on 7 tests. I completely choked on Monday! I actually woke up with a mild headache which turned into full blown migraine by the 4th section. I stupidly took the test last year when I wasn't ready and cancelled then. Now I do not feel comfortable cancelling again. Save your cancel!

seancris

Silver

Post by seancris » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:24 pm

Lawless2011 wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:One of your earlier posts stated that your highest LSAT score was 141. Is that correct ? If so, keep this score as you need a score in the 150s to have reasonable options. Also, many June test-takers feel that the RC section was unusually difficult. You may have done better than you think. And, bluntly speaking, if it is accurate that your prior test sittings resulted in a high score of 141, you can only improve as even another low score won't hurt.

Yes highest was 141 and I took a kaplan course and was averaging low 150's ..its not what im aiming for and too many scores to me dont look to good. I was aiming for 160's so im considering canceling
Since you only get three tries in two years, you'll likely have to wait for a while before taking it again. "Too many scores" should be the least of your concerns at this point, considering your highest grade is a 141 and you've used your third test. Cancelling now seems like you would be shooting yourself in the foot.

I see no upside to cancelling.

hooma

Bronze

Post by hooma » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:10 pm

ly2010 wrote:

The proctor read that the deadline was six calendar days, not business days. But I don't intend on cancelling (can't imagine delaying months rather than weeks to get my actual score) so I could be wrong.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:14 pm

Sorry bro if you are PTing in the 150's after three attempts you aren't cut out for law school. No school that would have you is worth attending even for free.

coldshoulder

Silver

Post by coldshoulder » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:56 am

Desert Fox wrote:Sorry bro if you are PTing in the 150's after three attempts you aren't cut out for law school. No school that would have you is worth attending even for free.
+1

Helicio

Bronze

Post by Helicio » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:03 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Sorry bro if you are PTing in the 150's after three attempts you aren't cut out for law school. No school that would have you is worth attending even for free.
Maybe Desert it right, but it also matters how much you want it. And who knows, maybe you did great on this particular LSAT.

Don't cancel; see what happens.

Good luck!

whipy

New

Post by whipy » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:30 pm

hooma wrote:
ly2010 wrote:

The proctor read that the deadline was six calendar days, not business days. But I don't intend on cancelling (can't imagine delaying months rather than weeks to get my actual score) so I could be wrong.
Deadline is June 12th. You have a few hours left ....

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

scammedhard

Silver

Post by scammedhard » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:55 pm

bitterpessimist

New

Post by bitterpessimist » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:49 pm

Helicio wrote:
Maybe Desert it right, but it also matters how much you want it. And who knows, maybe you did great on this particular LSAT.

Good luck!
And maybe unicorns are real.

I agree with DF, choose another career.

Lawless2011

New

Post by Lawless2011 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:56 pm

bitterpessimist wrote:
Helicio wrote:

Good luck!
And maybe unicorns are real.

I agree with DF, choose another career.

Thank you guys so much for your encouraging words....and Yes I most def am going to continue studying and I WILL get the score I need..... :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”