Studying LG Bible before attending Testmasters Prep Course? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
mespinosa

New

Studying LG Bible before attending Testmasters Prep Course?

Post by mespinosa » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:51 pm

I will am scheduled to attend the Testmasters LSAT test prep this July but wanted to get an early start on studying so I bought LG bible and LR bible. Is it a bad idea to study these Powerscore books before I start any of Testmaster's material. Will the strategies/methods conflict and just create confusion for me? Should I just wait and strictly study what Testmasters says? Any ideas or suggestions on preparing before the actual prep course? Thanks.

Darko86

New

Re: Studying LG Bible before attending Testmasters Prep Course?

Post by Darko86 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:56 pm

The way they teach you to diagram games are very similar to each other. There are a few different ways they teach you to note or highlight certain rules/deductions/variables, but I don't believe it will negatively affect you at all.

TestMasters does expand a bit more on some game types (especially In/Out games) than the LGB does though, so that will help you out more in the future once you take the class.

nids333

Bronze

Post by nids333 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:32 am

I completed both the LG and LR Bibles before attending a Testmasters Prep Course. I thought the bibles enhanced my test performance, and their methodologies do not conflict with Testmasters. In fact, it helped me build a solid foundation. With this base, I was better able to comprehend the material presented in class.

tehrocstar

Bronze

Post by tehrocstar » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:55 am

It can only help. Anything that you're trying to learn, is easier to learn and you're able to comprehend it better, if you're able to connect it to things you already know.

mespinosa

New

Post by mespinosa » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:42 pm

Great posts! Thanks for the help and thanks for the link!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”