Study Plan for October

blk418

Study Plan for October

Postby blk418 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:25 pm

Hey guys,

So I have decided to take the October LSAT. I started my studying about a month ago and went through the logic games bible, and am now working through the LR bible as well as a LGB workbook. While I am improving somewhat, I feel that I am understanding things so slowly. As with most things, I realize practice and repetition are truly the only way (for me at least) to really do well on this test. I am planning on doing practice test after practice once I finish these books, but I would like to practice my skills while I'm going through the books on problems. What I am worried about is using all the practice test problems up before I get to taking tests as a whole, and then remembering some of them when I take the tests and not getting a truly accurate score. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to avoid this? Or would this even happen because there are so many problems available.

Just a little background I am working as a law clerk for a full year (yes, before law school) at a firm I had been a runner at in undergrad and will have plenty of time to study. My GPA is only 3.24 so I am shooting for the high 160's with hopes of getting into Northwestern ED.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks.

soj

Re: Study Plan for October

Postby soj » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:28 pm

blk418 wrote:Just a little background I am working as a law clerk for a full year (yes, before law school) at a firm I had been a runner at in undergrad and will have plenty of time to study. My GPA is only 3.24 so I am shooting for the 170s with hopes of getting into Northwestern ED.

That's what I heard, anyway.

Don't worry about spoiling a few questions. You'll have tons of PTs without spoiled Qs to make up for it, especially in the late 50s and early 60s, which were published after the Bibles, IIRC.

blk418

Postby blk418 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:13 pm

Thanks for your reply. Any suggestions on which practice tests to use for practice and which ones/ how many to use for complete tests?

soj

Postby soj » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:22 pm

I suggest drilling particular question types while reading the PS/Manhattan guides to get the basics down. For drilling, the Traciela Grouped books are best. After that, complete as many of the remaining PTs as you're able to without burning out, though you might want to consider leaving five or so undone just in case you decide to retake. Make sure you do all of the most recent ones (50-63).

Also, here's my subjective observation of PTs
PT1-20: unusual game types that most likely won't reappear
SuperPrep A-C: diabolical LG. :twisted: :twisted:
PT21-30: very generous curves, but Qs are not correspondingly more difficult. good for confidence-building
PT31-40: very tough games. try these if you need an extra challenge :twisted:
PT41-50: tough curves, and except LG, Qs are not correspondingly easier. pretty tough overall
PT51-63: LG gets slightly tougher, RC gets quite a bit tougher. try to keep up as LSAT evolves. note the introduction of comparative reading passages

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”