LSAT Test Center Complaints

lebroniousjames

LSAT Test Center Complaints

Postby lebroniousjames » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:27 pm

Last edited by lebroniousjames on Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cartman

Re: LSAT Test Center Complaints

Postby Cartman » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:14 pm

Well, I can't speak with certainty as I have no experience or knowledge of the steps they might take, but I would assume they will look into the test center and the proctors/administrators working and reprimand them accordingly. They may not proctor another test.

However, I doubt they're going to "compensate" you with jack shit. The LSAC isn't in the business of handing out free points to people simply because a proctor screwed the pooch. If that was the case, then the median LSAT score would probably increase significantly. It happens - people get horrible proctors/administrators all the time. LSAC will look into that - but they're not going to let you redo the section or give you points as compensation. ESPECIALLY if they already gave you an extra 5 minutes to compensate for the move. As for "lost time due to distractions," that's just LSAT life. Distractions happen - ask anyone who's taken the test. The first time I took it a couple people next to me were so loud with whispering a proctor actually had to come sit in the row in front of them. A few other stories on here that you can find are about people with the shits on test day, and people who are just abnormally rude with their sighs. These stories aren't exclusive to other test takers screwing up either - look at the "proctor horror stories thread." You'll hear about a proctor who fucked up so royally that the takers there had to bubble in administrative stuff on the front page (as well as the honesty pledge) at the end of break. And they sure as hell didn't get any "compensation."

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:20 pm

Sorry to say but they're not going to give you shit for "compensation". Your options are going to be to keep the score with a letter enclosed in your file from LSAC that you experienced a "testing irregularity" or you can cancel your score and take your next LSAT free of charge.

I went through this same fight with LSAC last October if you have any questions let me know.

Sofia

Postby Sofia » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:31 pm

Jack Smirks wrote:Sorry to say but they're not going to give you shit for "compensation". Your options are going to be to keep the score with a letter enclosed in your file from LSAC that you experienced a "testing irregularity" or you can cancel your score and take your next LSAT free of charge.

I went through this same fight with LSAC last October if you have any questions let me know.

I was wondering how long did LSAC delay your scores after you submitted a compliant. LSAC states on their site to "be aware that the availability of your LSAT score may be delayed pending the review of your complaint."

I recently took the Dec exam and had children running and crying at the test center location that distracted everyone in the room. I'm debating whether I should submit a complaint because I'm already late in the application process. I think if LSAC included a note in my file to the schools I am applying to it may be helpful to explain why I did poorly in section 4 and 5. Should I just contact the schools I am applying to if there is a delay in receiving my exam scores you think?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”