Sleep? What's that?

postn0bills

Sleep? What's that?

Postby postn0bills » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:21 am

Just some general complaining here. Is anyone else having terrible nightmares of having bombed Monday's LSAT? I have no idea how I did on the exam -- I could have gotten anywhere from 140 to 170, and my dreams have me convinced that I bombed it.

I'd like to sleep again. Just two more weeks until scores come out? Le sigh.

paratactical

Re: Sleep? What's that?

Postby paratactical » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:22 am

Booze.

postn0bills

Postby postn0bills » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:34 am

paratactical wrote:Booze.

Tried. Makes it worse. haha

mac35352

Postby mac35352 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:03 pm

paratactical wrote:Booze.

I've been drinking waaay too much but after the 6 days i'll stop

Hawkeye Pierce

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:16 pm

I had a dream that I got a 180. For some reason they gave it to me at the testing center on a slip of paper. I couldn't believe it so I ran around asking everyone if it was true. Then, later in the dream, they revised my score to 160. I was like "Oh God, I knew it....."... and then it got re-revised to a 169.

tng11

Postby tng11 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Last edited by tng11 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

joebloe

Postby joebloe » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:27 pm

I had a nightmare about a week before the test; I was taking all the time allotted to read the section instructions and not marking a single answer. Not really thinking about it now. I just want my score so I know where I can apply.

postn0bills

Postby postn0bills » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:50 pm

tng11 wrote:I saw an e-mail with my score: it was 119. I did so poorly that LSAC had to make up a new score for my level of crappiness.

I had the same dream.

postn0bills

Postby postn0bills » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:51 pm

joebloe wrote:I had a nightmare about a week before the test; I was taking all the time allotted to read the section instructions and not marking a single answer. Not really thinking about it now. I just want my score so I know where I can apply.

ugh, that's awful!

Bittner1989

Postby Bittner1989 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:47 am

I woke up from a dream where I got a 138...I cried when I woke up in the cold sweat.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:49 am

I had nightmares about the LSAT for weeks, accompanied by dreams of getting into UVA.

joebloe

Postby joebloe » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:43 pm

postn0bills wrote:
joebloe wrote:I had a nightmare about a week before the test; I was taking all the time allotted to read the section instructions and not marking a single answer. Not really thinking about it now. I just want my score so I know where I can apply.

ugh, that's awful!

It used to be a common theme among my nightmares; going into a situation where I have to communicate something and being completely unable to utter words or write coherently. Like I have a combination of laryngitis and aphasia. Haven't had one exactly like that in years though.

Sounder89

Postby Sounder89 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:05 pm

I'm not taking it til October and I'm already having nightmares about bombing the LSAT bro.

Rheastoria

Postby Rheastoria » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:51 pm

Sounder89 wrote:I'm not taking it til October and I'm already having nightmares about bombing the LSAT bro.

I'm also taking it in October, only in my case, I have very realistic-seeming dreams where I get great scores - I just had a dream that I got a 174 and was pumped because I finally had time to work on my PS. Then I woke up and felt depressed / scared that I (only) have three months left to go.

Sounder89

Postby Sounder89 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:41 pm

Rheastoria wrote:
Sounder89 wrote:I'm not taking it til October and I'm already having nightmares about bombing the LSAT bro.

I'm also taking it in October, only in my case, I have very realistic-seeming dreams where I get great scores - I just had a dream that I got a 174 and was pumped because I finally had time to work on my PS. Then I woke up and felt depressed / scared that I (only) have three months left to go.

Only 3 months? Stop being so cynical, you're making me nervous :mrgreen: Think of it this way you've got an entire summer to prep for the LSAT and put together your apps. Law school panic meltdown mode won't begin for me until late August/early September .

Rheastoria

Postby Rheastoria » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:10 pm

Sounder89 wrote:
Rheastoria wrote:

Only 3 months? Stop being so cynical, you're making me nervous :mrgreen: Think of it this way you've got an entire summer to prep for the LSAT and put together your apps. Law school panic meltdown mode won't begin for me until late August/early September .

That's definitely true, haha, but I just can't help but see the LSAT as a huge monster that will eat me alive! You're right, though, the summer is plenty of time to fully study for this thing.

avamango

Postby avamango » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:05 pm

postn0bills wrote:Just some general complaining here. Is anyone else having terrible nightmares of having bombed Monday's LSAT? I have no idea how I did on the exam -- I could have gotten anywhere from 140 to 170, and my dreams have me convinced that I bombed it.

I'd like to sleep again. Just two more weeks until scores come out? Le sigh.

Sleep issues you say?

--ImageRemoved--

Luthecis

Postby Luthecis » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:35 pm

i get nightmares almost everyday about the LSAT- and I'm not even taking it until october!
(in one dream i got a 120.) must be from all the LSAT studying.

pkrtbx

Postby pkrtbx » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:29 pm

I was doing fine until yesterday. Now it is "so close you can almost taste it" and I'm going to lose my mind. Thank god for Lunesta, but the waking hours are torture. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for seeing a 168 when I log in :? .

gatorlaw

Postby gatorlaw » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:25 am

I have this recurring dream where I get my score in a really weird way. My computer screen is like an arcade game and the screen flashes a 120 and starts going up really quickly one number at a time (like when you hit something good on pinball, or something) and it finally stops at 169.

Our scores need to come in TOMORROW :)

Ernert

Postby Ernert » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:24 am

I had dreams about getting a 169 and then reading a TLS thread about how there were mistakes scoring this LSAT and that a lot of people actually did better than first indicated (which obviously piques my hopes of a 170+)... I always wake up before I find out my actual score though : (

justonemoregame

Postby justonemoregame » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:05 am

bringing back the LSAT nightmare thread. had this one last night --

I'm in a smallish, brightly-lit room, seated in the middle of a row which forms one side of a perfect square. Every seat is taken and there are about 30 people. Behind me to the right, near a corner of the room, a large box fan is set to 'Hi.'

A proctor walks up behind me, from the direction of the fan, and hands me a stack of loose print-outs. Collectively, the loose sheets make up the Logic Games section for half of the people in the room. There is one game per sheet of paper. The proctor wants me to help pass them out. He gets a head start because his half has been collated, but mine need to be sorted, unless I want to walk four trips around the square. (I have no idea why I can't just take the four pages I need and dump the stack off on the person to my left).

So I'm sitting in my seat, sorting through the pages, and once I get four properly-ordered games to make a section, I pass the section to my left. The rest of my row, people of high moral character, keep passing the section to their left until it catches up with where the proctor left off in the square. I'm sorting out more sections. Meanwhile, pages start to flip and flutter in the fan's wind on the other side of the room.

I look up momentarily and notice the proctor, finished, is leaning against a wall, head up, mouth slightly open, presumably dozing. I also notice that the first full Logic Games section I had sent down the row, after turning the corner, didn't make it very far down the next. Someone (who in real life is a close friend and recently took the DAT) decided to break the chain and begin working. I look back over to my right where exam papers and hair are blowing in the wind and several others, without prompt, have started working their sections, too.

Not wanting to lose any time, I make another section (for myself) and then flip the rest of the stack of papers over to use as scratch paper, empty-handed souls be damned. I begin the first game and notice that in lieu of entities like A, B, C, D, and E, the testmakers have substituted Chinese characters.

Eichörnchen

Postby Eichörnchen » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:28 pm

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:30 pm

Oh, look who it is. Sup, bro.

Eichörnchen

Postby Eichörnchen » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:39 pm

incompetentia wrote:Oh, look who it is. Sup, bro.

:shock: :shock: The best thing ever! I still have the lounge blocked on my comp so I did not see. So beautiful - it's all there, including my khaki and polo white guy "Didn't read, LOL". And I'm Rachel Weisz. Totes flattered.

Muenchen's character is perfection. And 99's quote from our convo where he denies being pretentious. There's too much perfect to absorb at once.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”