Cancel?

EarlCat

Re: Cancel?

Postby EarlCat » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:49 pm

To everyone: Unless you threw up on the scantron, don't cancel your friggin' score.

foamborn

Postby foamborn » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:33 pm

Well I just cancelled and I believe it was the right decision. When I realized the answer to the question "could I be better prepared?" was yes, it seemed obvious that I should just avoid the risk and study the more recent practice tests. Thanks everyone for your advice. When they release the test I'll try to figure out what I would have gotten and see how it compares with my estimates for my performance.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:36 pm

gggrra

Postby gggrra » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:25 pm

EarlCat wrote:To everyone: Unless you threw up on the scantron, don't cancel your friggin' score.

If you threw up on your scantron I'm pretty sure your answer sheet is un-gradable.

EarlCat

Postby EarlCat » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:54 pm

gggrra wrote:If you threw up on your scantron I'm pretty sure your answer sheet is un-gradable.

hand grading FTW

gggrra

Postby gggrra » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:16 pm

EarlCat wrote:
gggrra wrote:If you threw up on your scantron I'm pretty sure your answer sheet is un-gradable.

hand grading FTW

Totally forgot they offered that. My mistake. In that case I think even if you vomit all over your test, you shouldn't cancel.

whipy

Postby whipy » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:10 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
soj wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:Not sure if I misread you, but did you think that you would see a score if you cancel? You don't.

But you would eventually find out roughly how you did when the PT is released, as long as you remember generally which answers you chose.

I guess. That's a pretty impressive memory

You don't have to wait for the P to come out. If you cancel you will get back the questions and correct answers, just not YOUR answers. Redo the test immediately and if you can remember back to June 6th and which ones you guessed out or were not sure about it will help establish waht score you woudl have gotten.

Also, Stanford does NOT average. Called them 2 days ago to confirm. Harvard does, but they also look at both scores and "often see multiple scores on apps".

whipy

Postby whipy » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:13 pm

foamborn wrote:Thanks for the advice guys. I've decided to keep my score because I'll have school in October, I can't know whether I'll be sick or not at the time, and I am guessing that a large part of my feelings of discomfort are simply a result of the fact that so much is riding on this test. Though I do have one last question. People say that the top schools average scores, but that they look down on lower scores. What would they think if you had, say, a 167 first test and 177 second test? I just want to know if I'll still have a reasonable shot at HYS even if I have my worst case scenario.

167 and 177 - most likely impressed by the 177, especially if you can explain the difference - btw, you MUST explain the difference ... Average is 172, and you got a 177 score, so you'd be in the zone I believe.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”