LSAT and summer before junior year.

LilGuy

LSAT and summer before junior year.

Postby LilGuy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:28 pm

I have a lot of free time during the summer, and I was curious if I should start studying for the December LSAT. This is a perfect time because next semester will be my easiest since freshman year due to the fact that I started my major early and am nearly done with my it. Thus, next semester will only be 14 units of gen eds. After that semester, I will need to take my capstone class which is a ~30 page research paper. I work from 8-5 at an admin assistant job during the summer, so I have large chunks of uninterrupted down time.

I took a diagnostic last Fall and did relatively poorly on (151), but I think I can do a lot better now because I'm not mentally tired. Recently at work I went through the one of the logical argument sections on the free test LSAC has online and didn't miss one during the allotted time.

I know this will ultimately be my own personal decision. But if anyone has any comments, concerns or advice, I'd be more than happy to listen.

LilGuy

Re: LSAT and summer before junior year.

Postby LilGuy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:46 pm

Does anyone think there would be a marked difference in ability between now and next semester?

chem

Postby chem » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:01 pm

I did the same thing the summer before my junior year. Lets you get through all the bibles and take a lot of practice tests at a reasonable pace. Youll be able to take the December LSAT at the peak or your preparation, and if it doesnt work out, you have retest opportunities in February and June, and still be able to apply the first day of applications.

john1990

Postby john1990 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Its deffinitly not to early to start studying, and you can simply take the real test once you feel 100% prepared. Normally people experience a large increase in score right away and then it takes a little longer for marginal improvement, so your at the bottom of a steep upward slope right now 8)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”