Should I cancel my June LSAT?!

kd7418

Should I cancel my June LSAT?!

Postby kd7418 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:59 pm

Yesterday went ok. I know I did not perform as well as I had been expecting. I was shooting for upper 160s or 170 and I feel that I probably only managed a low 160 yesterday. There were were 5 questions at the end of one section that I had to just bubble in and I was short on time for almost every section. I know I didn't bomb it, but it wasn't stellar.

My question is should I cancel my score. My UGPA is a 3.4 so I was banking on a high LSAT to get me into better schools. Which is better: a canceled score and hopefully something near 170 or a low 160 and something near 170.

I've read conflicting accounts of whether schools simply take your highest score, average the two, or look at each one individually.

Am I right in believing that a canceled score will not hurt my application?

Thanks for your help!

risktaker

Re: Should I cancel my June LSAT?!

Postby risktaker » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:03 pm

I was PT'ing in the high 160s. Thought I got a low 160s score after guessing on 7 or 8; ended up with a high 150s score. Some people in similar boat guessed a lower score and got a higher score. I say just keep the score to see how you did. Unless you want HYS, not many schools average.

kd7418

Re: Should I cancel my June LSAT?!

Postby kd7418 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:54 pm

Thanks for the advice; I'm leaning towards just keeping it. I should've added though that I admittedly did not study nearly as much as I should have. I only registered less than a month before the test and my studying was intermittant before that. I didn't take enough timed practice tests and time certainly was a factor for me. I am quite confident that my next attempt will see a marked improvement

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”