Help! Cancel or Not

mochichi

Help! Cancel or Not

Postby mochichi » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:42 am

Similar question: I just took the June LSAT today and really bombed the LG. Ran out of time and guessed four questions on the balls game. A bit shaky on RC as well. Worst case scenario: -20 total so would probably end up in the 160-165 range. My PT are mostly around 169~170 so 165 would be quite disappointing...Studied for about a month and still have a ton of PTs to work on should I choose to study for the Oct LSAT.

Here is my situation: my baby is due in one week. (It's already a blessing that I was able to take the LSAT today...I know). I was so worried that he might decide to come out early. I'm not sure if I can study for the Oct LSAT again with a newborn to take care of.

Is it worth taking the risk to cancel the June score now?

Also, to stay close with hubby and baby, my options are quite limited, namely 3 schools in the Maryland/DC area (GULC, GW & UofMaryland). Does any of these schools take your average score only?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

--A desparate mom-to-be

JD2014

Re: Help! Cancel or Not

Postby JD2014 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:52 pm

Maryland: Highest Score Taken
GULC: Averaged but an admissions member said that they take the highest score if there is a 5 point discrepancy. More likely to consider a higher LSAT score if the LSAT is only taken twice
GW: Highest Score Taken

Source: http://www.top-law-schools.com/rankings.html

Based on your description, it sounds like you're going to be disappointed in your score, but only you can tell. It does sound like cancelling won't benefit you much though. Unless you really want GULC, and are worried about their averaging policy, you should probably keep it, sign up for October, and see if you can put your husband on baby duty for a couple hours a week to get some practice tests in.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:57 pm

Many, maybe most, score below their PT average on the real administration of the LSAT. Keep your score & retake if unsatisfied.

mochichi

Postby mochichi » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:35 pm

Thank you so much for replying! I think I will keep the score afterall.

JD2014 wrote:Maryland: Highest Score Taken
GULC: Averaged but an admissions member said that they take the highest score if there is a 5 point discrepancy. More likely to consider a higher LSAT score if the LSAT is only taken twice
GW: Highest Score Taken

Source: http://www.top-law-schools.com/rankings.html

Based on your description, it sounds like you're going to be disappointed in your score, but only you can tell. It does sound like cancelling won't benefit you much though. Unless you really want GULC, and are worried about their averaging policy, you should probably keep it, sign up for October, and see if you can put your husband on baby duty for a couple hours a week to get some practice tests in.

mochichi

Postby mochichi » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:42 pm

Thanks for your input. I would have canceled the score if I'm not having this child...A baby is the real game changer. I will wait and see what happens instead.

CanadianWolf wrote:Many, maybe most, score below their PT average on the real administration of the LSAT. Keep your score & retake if unsatisfied.

apeopleshistory

Postby apeopleshistory » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:20 pm

Last edited by apeopleshistory on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Keep the score and Congrats on the baby!

jortiz682

Postby jortiz682 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:58 pm

I'd cancel myself if I were yourself.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”