June 2011 LG Opinions

Tainted_Praise

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby Tainted_Praise » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:10 pm

zozin wrote:
Tainted_Praise wrote:Was the balls game really that hard people? I'm starting to feel like maybe there's something I missed since I didn't find the LG's THAT difficult at all.... There was only three rules for the balls game right...? It was pretty basic.. No?

I haven't done a vertical game in a while. Started doing it like that for 2 questions, then said fuck it and reverted back to horizontal diagrams. That messed me a up a little bit, but still finished the game, and probably did fine.

:shock: ....Why didn't you just set it up as a horizontal games in the first place... It's virtually the same thing... Just have your Highest and lowest sections marked off.....I had no idea some people diagram differently just because the question says the elements are "stacked" as opposed to "ordered"

Swinestein

Postby Swinestein » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:13 pm

Tainted_Praise wrote:Was the balls game really that hard people? I'm starting to feel like maybe there's something I missed since I didn't find the LG's THAT difficult at all.... There was only three rules for the balls game right...? It was pretty basic.. No?

I wasn't worried until now.

Now this on top of the RC reckoning.

zozin

Postby zozin » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:14 pm

Tainted_Praise wrote:
zozin wrote:

I haven't done a vertical game in a while. Started doing it like that for 2 questions, then said fuck it and reverted back to horizontal diagrams. That messed me a up a little bit, but still finished the game, and probably did fine.

:shock: ....Why didn't you just set it up as a horizontal games in the first place... It's virtually the same thing... Just have your Highest and lowest sections marked off.....I had no idea some people diagram differently just because the question says the elements are "stacked" as opposed to "ordered"

No idea, just starting with 6 dashes on top of each other, 2 min later I realized my mistake and reverted. The variables and rules were so easy I still remember them. :oops:

baconpuffs

Postby baconpuffs » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:17 pm

zozin wrote:
Tainted_Praise wrote:
zozin wrote:

No idea, just starting with 6 dashes on top of each other, 2 min later I realized my mistake and reverted. The variables and rules were so easy I still remember them. :oops:

I was slightly put off figuring out whether 1 or 6 was the highest number, but that was a silly problem on my part. On par I think setting balls up as a vertical game was easy, honestly, and I'm usually not a fan of vertical games.

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:17 pm

None of the games were really that hard in and of themselves, I just felt like they were time consuming. All in all though I'm guessing a lot of people did pretty good on them so I'm a little nervous about what that will do to the curve.

Tainted_Praise

Postby Tainted_Praise » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:20 pm

There's no such thing as a 'vertical game' ....It's all the same thing as a 'horizontal game' it's just flipped...Why should a vertical game be anymore difficult than a horizontal? What is listed as 1 is still 1 and what is listed as 6 is still 6... You're making it harder on yourself than it has to be... I didnt even think to set it up vertically... for what? to confuse myself more? just play 'vertical' games like they are 'horizontal' SAME thing

baconpuffs

Postby baconpuffs » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:24 pm

Tainted_Praise wrote:There's no such thing as a 'vertical game' ....It's all the same thing as a 'horizontal game' it's just flipped...Why should a vertical game be anymore difficult than a horizontal? What is listed as 1 is still 1 and what is listed as 6 is still 6... You're making it harder on yourself than it has to be... I didnt even think to set it up vertically... for what? to confuse myself more? just play 'vertical' games like they are 'horizontal' SAME thing

Playing a game such as balls with a horizontal diagram is visually simpler for some people, especially insofar as some questions discussed the relative ordering of the balls*. It really doesn't matter though, it's entirely a personal preference for the test taker.

*Trying to be as vague as possible, LSAC hawks. soz.

zozin

Postby zozin » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:26 pm

baconpuffs wrote:
Tainted_Praise wrote:There's no such thing as a 'vertical game' ....It's all the same thing as a 'horizontal game' it's just flipped...Why should a vertical game be anymore difficult than a horizontal? What is listed as 1 is still 1 and what is listed as 6 is still 6... You're making it harder on yourself than it has to be... I didnt even think to set it up vertically... for what? to confuse myself more? just play 'vertical' games like they are 'horizontal' SAME thing

Playing a game such as balls with a horizontal diagram is visually simpler for some people, especially insofar as some questions discussed the relative ordering of the balls*. It really doesn't matter though, it's entirely a personal preference for the test taker.

*Trying to be as vague as possible, LSAC hawks. soz.

I'm simple... :cry:

beauTfully_free

Postby beauTfully_free » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:30 pm

for anyone who had LR-LG-LG do you know which was experimental?

I aced the first LG....flipped the page, saw even MORE LG, quitely cursed myself and dove back in. I had to laugh too because I knew it would be just my luck to have it for experimental, back to back nonetheless

vodkashot

Postby vodkashot » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:31 pm

beauTfully_free wrote:for anyone who had LR-LG-LG do you know which was experimental?

I aced the first LG....flipped the page, saw even MORE LG, quitely cursed myself and dove back in. I had to laugh too because I knew it would be just my luck to have it for experimental, back to back nonetheless

I think I had the same test as you did. The first LG (cars, balls) was the real one while the second (easier) LG with hiking was the experimental.

If only the reverse was true....

baconpuffs

Postby baconpuffs » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:32 pm

beauTfully_free wrote:for anyone who had LR-LG-LG do you know which was experimental?

courts, skydivers, cars, and balls was the real LG.

beauTfully_free

Postby beauTfully_free » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:35 pm

vodkashot wrote:

I think I had the same test as you did. The first LG (cars, balls) was the real one while the second (easier) LG with hiking was the experimental.

If only the reverse was true....

why can't I remember anything to do with hiking..... oh well. I think I did better on the first one though.

merlin2009

Postby merlin2009 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:38 pm

baconpuffs wrote:

I totally don't remember one involving skydivers...although I'm really really relieved the balls were the real section. The first one scared the hell outta me.

baconpuffs

Postby baconpuffs » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:41 pm

merlin2009 wrote:
baconpuffs wrote:

I totally don't remember one involving skydivers...although I'm really really relieved the balls were the real section. The first one scared the hell outta me.

Agreed. I was LG-LR-LG-RC-LR, and I was flipping shit after the hikers LG. Can't say too much about skydivers, but PM me if you have questions.

Yeshia90

Postby Yeshia90 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:44 pm

baconpuffs wrote:
merlin2009 wrote:
baconpuffs wrote:

Agreed. I was LG-LR-LG-RC-LR, and I was flipping shit after the hikers LG. Can't say too much about skydivers, but PM me if you have questions.

Hikers was, literally, the easiest game I've ever done. I was stunned. I could've done that right in 5th grade.

vodkashot

Postby vodkashot » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:46 pm

Yeah, I thought hikers was ridiculously easy too. Actually, the entire experimental LG section was so...well, PT40s-ish that I predicted it was the experimental even before I finished.

Unfortunately, I was correct.

Polycarp

Postby Polycarp » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:47 pm

I panicked on the balls one, something about the way it was phrased threw me off, my diagram was completely incorrect, I couldn't even tell which was up and down because I was so nervous. Ended up essentially guessing it. I only did about 10 analytical problems before taking the test, I was too sure that I would ace it, now I'm going to study hard and practice a lot more for October.

:(
Last edited by Polycarp on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gggrra

Postby gggrra » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:47 pm

some game setups are more easily visualized for some if they are vertical. For example, offices on different floors in an office building (or layers in a cake or apartments in an apartment building). A rule like A must be below B is much easier to visualize if this is diagrammed vertically, otherwise you add another level of abstraction, having to convert from a rule that describes up and down to a diagram that's left and right. Just visually makes more sense for some people (like me :D).

cupcake.

Postby cupcake. » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:47 pm

Last edited by cupcake. on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baconpuffs

Postby baconpuffs » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:48 pm

PSUdevon wrote:
baconpuffs wrote:
etc

Hikers was, literally, the easiest game I've ever done. I was stunned. I could've done that right in 5th grade.

Hikers itself was simple, but I was baffled by the conferences abroad game in that section. Couldn't figure out a limited options scenario, and virtually all of the questions were local (and difficult). Ended up finishing on time anyway, but I was still worried (and ridiculously relieved when I found out cars/balls/etc. was real).

FantasticMrFox

Postby FantasticMrFox » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:48 pm

BLDGbloc wrote:
justbubbles wrote:
cvntstscrty wrote:LSAC’s “Instructions for the Day of the Test” state: “Legal action may be taken against anyone who removes test materials and/or reproduces test material in any way, or shares LSAT test content prior to LSAC’s disclosure of that test.” This includes specific question content from the unscored section of the test. Please refrain from further discussion of ALL December 2010 LSAT questions.

Caveon Test Security is a test security vendor for LSAC.

With all due respect, I think people are more interested in discussing the June 2011 test as opposed to the December 2010 questions, which have already been released by LSAC. ;)

Burn.

vodkashot

Postby vodkashot » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:08 am

baconpuffs wrote:
PSUdevon wrote:
baconpuffs wrote:
etc

Hikers itself was simple, but I was baffled by the conferences abroad game in that section. Couldn't figure out a limited options scenario, and virtually all of the questions were local (and difficult). Ended up finishing on time anyway, but I was still worried (and ridiculously relieved when I found out cars/balls/etc. was real).

Conferences was probably the trickiest game in the LG experimental, but I thought it was MUCH easier than cars in the real LG...

Yeshia90

Postby Yeshia90 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:10 am

vodkashot wrote:Conferences was probably the trickiest game in the LG experimental, but I thought it was MUCH easier than cars in the real LG...

I thought conferences was absolute cake. I know I got a perfect score on the experimental, and finished with 15 minutes to spare. Knew it was too good to be true.

rubydandun

Postby rubydandun » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:13 am

for gods sake...please please tell me that balls game was 1(bottom)-6(top) and not the other way around.

vodkashot

Postby vodkashot » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:14 am

PSUdevon wrote:
vodkashot wrote:Conferences was probably the trickiest game in the LG experimental, but I thought it was MUCH easier than cars in the real LG...

I thought conferences was absolute cake. I know I got a perfect score on the experimental, and finished with 15 minutes to spare. Knew it was too good to be true.

I thought conferences was ridiculously easy too but I meant it was relatively the most difficult game in the section as a whole (that is to say, still not that difficult). The others were some of the easiest games I've ever encountered--I think the first one took me only 4 or 5 minutes? I also finished with lots of time to spare (8-10ish minutes) but I was still pretty depressed since I knew I bombed the real LG section....ugh.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”