June 2011 LG Opinions

User avatar
Neidermeyer519
Posts: 244
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:20 am

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby Neidermeyer519 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:57 pm

yeah, but then again I may have only missed a few. I thought I did horrible on the december logic games section and only missed 4, and it was pretty difficult, so I dunno yet.

melissama
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:21 pm

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby melissama » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:58 pm

Timewascalled wrote:Anyone remember any of the LG experimental questions? I know the Balls one was the real LG but my mind is mush and I can't remember any of the other LG section's questions.


same here

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby neeko » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:59 pm

Timewascalled wrote:Anyone remember any of the LG experimental questions? I know the Balls one was the real LG but my mind is mush and I can't remember any of the other LG section's questions.


Hiking and I like unpaved paved

User avatar
baconpuffs
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby baconpuffs » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:00 pm

melissama wrote:
Timewascalled wrote:Anyone remember any of the LG experimental questions? I know the Balls one was the real LG but my mind is mush and I can't remember any of the other LG section's questions.


same here

hiking and conferences abroad. don't remember the rest.

User avatar
lakers3peat
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby lakers3peat » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:05 pm

had no prob with game 1 judges super ez
had no prob with game 2 skydivers ez
game 3 wasn't too bad but consumed way too much of my time
game 4 balls probably wasnt bad but I was so flustered for time after game 3 that i misread one of the rules then snowball failed that section.


i'm usually -1/-2 on games so after doing crappy on the games, i just bombed the rest of the test........... was thinking about cancelling while doing sections 4 and 5.......... that's a pretty bad sign........ :roll:

User avatar
Quan292
Posts: 283
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 2:03 am

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby Quan292 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:08 pm

imbored25 wrote:i just had one LG, thought it was pretty easy, but LG is always my best section, RC killed me


Same for me I bombed that RC

User avatar
tanzie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:49 pm

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby tanzie » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:10 pm

LG is always my best section, and I was not happy with how I did. I got a migraine toward the end of the first LR and thought about canceling mid-test because I thought I was going to hurl. By the time the second LG set rolled around, I was going blind in one eye and my brain was mush. I'm really surprised that 2nd LG section is rumored to be the real deal: some of the questions were vastly different from what seems to be par for the LG course. Then again, the test seems to be ever-evolving.
Last edited by tanzie on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cmckid
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby cmckid » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:13 pm

Yeah, I agree with the poster before me. I've been scoring perfects around 75% of the time in LG but game 3 took it to me on time, I ended up half guessing on one question (eliminated 2 choices) and fully guessing on the other.

chickenhappy
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:18 pm

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby chickenhappy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:20 pm

Can anyone refresh my memory on what the second, non-experimental game was? I can't remember it for the life of me and I'm starting to worry I accidentally skipped over it and somehow didn't notice I left questions blank. You can PM me if you want.

User avatar
lakers3peat
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby lakers3peat » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:24 pm

skydivers

melissama
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:21 pm

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby melissama » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:33 pm

so is the ball game the 3rd or the 4th???

User avatar
ThomasMN
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby ThomasMN » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:43 pm

I would like to second the idea that the third game wasn't "hard" but was extremely time consuming. Totally threw me off for the fourth game. I will admit, first two games were insanely easy.

User avatar
Diiizzzzoooo
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby Diiizzzzoooo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:54 pm

In my opinion, all 8 games were a joke. The hardest game was the cars game, and that one wasn't bad. I took December's hellacious test. Consider yourselves lucky.

TMC116
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby TMC116 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:01 pm

Diiizzzzoooo wrote:In my opinion, all 8 games were a joke. The hardest game was the cars game, and that one wasn't bad. I took December's hellacious test. Consider yourselves lucky.


I'll take that game section over this one. I'm sure my raw score would be lower but the December LSAT had an insane curve.

-14 for a 170? Yes please.

User avatar
cnyltiak
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:22 pm

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby cnyltiak » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:06 pm

1st(or 2nd?) one I really don't remember at all so I guess it was probably easy. Trial one should have been easy, but I missed an obvious deduction for like 2 minutes, so I think I did fine on that one but it cost me later on. Took too much time on the cars one, probably got the first half then started having to rush. 4th seemed like it would have been easy but I ran out of time and had to guess on the last 3, luckily I was able to quickly bubble them in. Overall I think if it had been the very first section of the test I would have done well... instead I did realllll mediocre.

swoozie
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby swoozie » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:26 pm

I can't remember the second game at all, I'm mildly worried. Even with the posts in this thread, it's completely out of my head.

I know I went through 1 and 2 pretty fast? Got to the third, did one question and thought the rest straight up looked terrible, I had like no deductions at that point. I decided to skip to game 4, misunderstood a rule but caught it fairly quickly. Then went back and finished up 3. Finished the section with like 30 seconds to spare (lol) but could've easily made a dumb mistake somewhere, I've done it before on PTs.

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby neeko » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:40 pm

swoozie wrote:I can't remember the second game at all, I'm mildly worried. Even with the posts in this thread, it's completely out of my head.

I know I went through 1 and 2 pretty fast? Got to the third, did one question and thought the rest straight up looked terrible, I had like no deductions at that point. I decided to skip to game 4, misunderstood a rule but caught it fairly quickly. Then went back and finished up 3. Finished the section with like 30 seconds to spare (lol) but could've easily made a dumb mistake somewhere, I've done it before on PTs.



I can't remember the second game either. Wtf

User avatar
citykitty
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby citykitty » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:45 pm

neeko wrote:
swoozie wrote:I can't remember the second game at all, I'm mildly worried. Even with the posts in this thread, it's completely out of my head.

I know I went through 1 and 2 pretty fast? Got to the third, did one question and thought the rest straight up looked terrible, I had like no deductions at that point. I decided to skip to game 4, misunderstood a rule but caught it fairly quickly. Then went back and finished up 3. Finished the section with like 30 seconds to spare (lol) but could've easily made a dumb mistake somewhere, I've done it before on PTs.



I can't remember the second game either. Wtf


Reading here actually jogged my memory about that game. It was so ridiculously easy. That's why I think most of us don't remember it. And, I did the same thing with game 4. Flustered me for about 2 minutes, but fortunately I had the time to spare.

chompchomp
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby chompchomp » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:51 pm

It was the trial one I think. The balls game hurt my soul.

Vodka today, prep for October tomorrow.

User avatar
citykitty
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby citykitty » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:54 pm

chompchomp wrote:It was the trial one I think. The balls game hurt my soul.

Vodka today, prep for October tomorrow.


I'm going with a cheap shiraz, but ain't that the truth!

chompchomp
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby chompchomp » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:00 pm

citykitty wrote:
chompchomp wrote:It was the trial one I think. The balls game hurt my soul.

Vodka today, prep for October tomorrow.


I'm going with a cheap shiraz, but ain't that the truth!


Fittingly enough, when we came out of the testing center the storm whistles started.

I still braved the weather to the liquor store. It was an emergency.

User avatar
Strange
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 am

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby Strange » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:01 pm

This was the only section I'm confident I did well on. Worried about LR and terrified about RC

Tainted_Praise
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:20 pm

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby Tainted_Praise » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:01 pm

Was the balls game really that hard people? I'm starting to feel like maybe there's something I missed since I didn't find the LG's THAT difficult at all.... There was only three rules for the balls game right...? It was pretty basic.. No?

chompchomp
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby chompchomp » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:04 pm

I'm not sure if the game itself was that difficult, but the one before it ate up a lot of time in my case. I also kept going back and forth on the interp of one of the rules.

User avatar
zozin
Posts: 3733
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby zozin » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:05 pm

Tainted_Praise wrote:Was the balls game really that hard people? I'm starting to feel like maybe there's something I missed since I didn't find the LG's THAT difficult at all.... There was only three rules for the balls game right...? It was pretty basic.. No?

I haven't done a vertical game in a while. Started doing it like that for 2 questions, then said fuck it and reverted back to horizontal diagrams. That messed me a up a little bit, but still finished the game, and probably did fine.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Greenteachurro and 7 guests