June 2011 LG Opinions

baconpuffs

Re: June 2011 LG Opinions

Postby baconpuffs » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:16 am

rubydandun wrote:for gods sake...please please tell me that balls game was 1(bottom)-6(top) and not the other way around.

ding ding ding. don't flip a shit for no reason!

MrBain_

Postby MrBain_ » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:36 am

How many people are like me? After the games section i had no idea what they were about? The only one i remembered without coming on here was the ball game. All i remember is a bunch of i is before e unless c?

sunrat

Postby sunrat » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:29 am

Was cars the one that had like PV or PS blocks or something like that? 2 things that were 'this or this but not both'.

Rloeb829

Postby Rloeb829 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:10 am

Okay so I had LR/LG/LG///LR/RC. just some clarification that the first LG was in fact the real one, and the second was the experimental?

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:11 am

Rloeb829 wrote:Okay so I had LR/LG/LG///LR/RC. just some clarification that the first LG was in fact the real one, and the second was the experimental?

If you did the green, red and white balls game that was the real section.

Rloeb829

Postby Rloeb829 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:21 am

The problem is, I remember doing the balls game but dont remember if it was my first LG section or second LG section! Someone who had LR/LG/LG///LR/RC give me confirmation that the experimental was in fact the third section of the test. Thanks!

wildcat25

Postby wildcat25 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:40 am

I know this sounds really random, but does anyone remember how many questions each game on the real lg section had? Or what number question the third game ended with? I skipped two in the 3rd game and then went on to balls, coming back to those two later. I convinced myself last night that I messed up the numbers when I skipped and screwed up the whole second half of the section, which would totally blow, but I think it might just be post-test jitters. I'm pretty sure the 3rd game ended with #17- can anyone confirm this??

beauTfully_free

Postby beauTfully_free » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:25 am

Rloeb829 wrote:The problem is, I remember doing the balls game but dont remember if it was my first LG section or second LG section! Someone who had LR/LG/LG///LR/RC give me confirmation that the experimental was in fact the third section of the test. Thanks!

I had the same format and two people have posted that the second was experimental. For the life of me, I can't remember where those balls were but they pissed me off because the rest of that section was easy for me. So they probably were in the first one.

Cornelius

Postby Cornelius » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:26 am

The cars threw me big-time and wound up pseudo-guessing on 3 or 4 on that game. Don't know what happened, it just wasn't clicking.

Ssushi

Postby Ssushi » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:36 am

vodkashot wrote:
PSUdevon wrote:
vodkashot wrote:Conferences was probably the trickiest game in the LG experimental, but I thought it was MUCH easier than cars in the real LG...

I thought conferences was absolute cake. I know I got a perfect score on the experimental, and finished with 15 minutes to spare. Knew it was too good to be true.

I thought conferences was ridiculously easy too but I meant it was relatively the most difficult game in the section as a whole (that is to say, still not that difficult). The others were some of the easiest games I've ever encountered--I think the first one took me only 4 or 5 minutes? I also finished with lots of time to spare (8-10ish minutes) but I was still pretty depressed since I knew I bombed the real LG section....ugh.

Maybe it matters how warmed up you are. I had LG-LR-LG-RC-LR and i got crushed on the first LG. I started one game and realized i had no clue what i was doing after 5 minutes and skipped it and eventually ran out of time and had to guess on a whole game. And i didn't understand the hikers one either.

But the real one was super easy. I was really uset actueally because when i saw the courts problem it was so easy i figured there was no way it could be the real section. But low and behold it was real. I dont understand how it was hard, the balls was a very simple game, only one question took serious thought. Cars was a pain in the ass.

Curious to see something, how many of you used the logic games bibles and their methods and how did you think the games were? I ignored everything they told me and did most of the stuff in my head using my own spur of the moment diagrams and i think i did fine. I'm beginning to think they threw in logic games that weren't necessarily hard, but that would have been very very difficult if you use the logic games bible methods.

neeko

Postby neeko » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:44 am

Rloeb829 wrote:The problem is, I remember doing the balls game but dont remember if it was my first LG section or second LG section! Someone who had LR/LG/LG///LR/RC give me confirmation that the experimental was in fact the third section of the test. Thanks!

I had that format, real one was 1st LG, 2nd section.

leche

Postby leche » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:33 pm

baconpuffs wrote:
rubydandun wrote:for gods sake...please please tell me that balls game was 1(bottom)-6(top) and not the other way around.

Thank god. I think my heart stopped for a minute as I started wondering the same thing.

I finished the first 2 in 10 minutes, got to the cars one and it took like 10 minutes. Ugh. The balls one I thought was pretty easy but I didn't have a lot of time to do it. Had to randomly bubble one question in the cars game. Pisses me off because I was on such a roll, and LG is my strongest section.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:51 pm

Only one LG section for me (LR/LG/RC/LR/RC)

This test's LG was way too fuckin' easy. :\ Finished with between 10-15 min left and double checked my answers twice...I wish it had been harder. Should have taken it in December. ):

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:52 pm

leche wrote:
baconpuffs wrote:

Thank god. I think my heart stopped for a minute as I started wondering the same thing.

I finished the first 2 in 10 minutes, got to the cars one and it took like 10 minutes. Ugh. The balls one I thought was pretty easy but I didn't have a lot of time to do it. Had to randomly bubble one question in the cars game. Pisses me off because I was on such a roll, and LG is my strongest section.

Let's say you messed up 1 and 6... would it really have affected your score much? There is one rule I am thinking about that it is relevant to, but that's really all I can think of ATM, and that rule wasn't necessary in every question, I don't think. Maybe my brain is just in test-fog mode still.

gggrra

Postby gggrra » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:18 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Only one LG section for me (LR/LG/RC/LR/RC)

This test's LG was way too fuckin' easy. :\ Finished with between 10-15 min left and double checked my answers twice...I wish it had been harder. Should have taken it in December. ):

I'd say the difficulty was about average. The first two were really easy. I got hung up on cars because I missed a really obvious deduction even though the game itself was maybe only slightly above average in difficulty. Balls was easy as well but I think my brain clicked on that one; I could easily see it being difficult for people. I think people may have gotten stuck on cars and then just panicked on balls causing their brains to freeze. I'd say overall probably average or slightly below average difficulty.

bball1997

Postby bball1997 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:26 pm

gggrra wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Only one LG section for me (LR/LG/RC/LR/RC)

I'd say the difficulty was about average. The first two were really easy. I got hung up on cars because I missed a really obvious deduction even though the game itself was maybe only slightly above average in difficulty. Balls was easy as well but I think my brain clicked on that one; I could easily see it being difficult for people. I think people may have gotten stuck on cars and then just panicked on balls causing their brains to freeze. I'd say overall probably average or slightly below average difficulty.

I'm with you. If those first two games had been of even average difficulty I would have been in big trouble but I finished both of them in about 10 minutes leaving me a solid 15-17 to do the cars. I think all in all I finished with about 30-45 seconds left in the section but could have easily made a silly mistake somewhere along the way.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”