June 2011 RC Feedback

User avatar
Ginj
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:53 am

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby Ginj » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:03 pm

Bashy wrote:
vissidarte27 wrote:
Ginj wrote:Chopin didn't bother me, but the sea floor...Jesus...


Me too. Didn't think Chopin was hard at all, but all that geology made me go "...huh?"


I lucked out in that I minored in Geology and just got out of a class about sedimentology. Never have I been so happy to know geology stuff.


...shut up.

postn0bills
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby postn0bills » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:07 pm

effing grains. i still don't know.

imbored25
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:58 pm

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby imbored25 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:10 pm

worst section

guessed on the last two passages

postn0bills
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby postn0bills » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:11 pm

imbored25 wrote:worst section

guessed on the last two passages


guessed on the last, not sure about the answers i got for any of the others. ugh.

User avatar
kalede
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:59 am

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby kalede » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:11 pm

I didn't have to make any blind guesses, but I was definitely rushing through this and didn't feel as confident as normal. :/

User avatar
Modus Ponens
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby Modus Ponens » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:13 pm

I had RC LG LR RC LR. I was ecstatic that the first RC was experimental... until I finished the second RC.

postn0bills
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby postn0bills » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Modus Ponens wrote:I had RC LG LR RC LR. I was ecstatic that the first RC was experimental... until I finished the second RC.



+1

i was praying to the LSAT gods during break that first RC was experimental. i was ecstatic that i got my wish. and then i wasn't.

User avatar
citykitty
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby citykitty » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:15 pm

postn0bills wrote:
Modus Ponens wrote:I had RC LG LR RC LR. I was ecstatic that the first RC was experimental... until I finished the second RC.



+1

i was praying to the LSAT gods during break that first RC was experimental. i was ecstatic that i got my wish. and then i wasn't.


This. LMAO. I was pacing and cursing during the break, hoping that the RC was exp. The exp section was BRUTAL. The real one wasn't all that much better.

User avatar
cindypopper
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby cindypopper » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:16 pm

Hated it. Did not have time to finish.

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby minnbills » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:18 pm

Yeah that section was a doozie. I pillaged the LG and should come out fine on the LR but that RC was something else man. It was compounded by a headache I developed after the break too. Oh well, anticipating a bad score on one section isn't enough to cancel I think. I was able to answer all the questions, but a few of them were pretty sketchy. I wouldn't be too surprised if I went -8 or whatever.

User avatar
pandabear
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:57 pm

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby pandabear » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:19 pm

absolutely terrible :( . RC is always my best section but i didn't feel confident about any of the passages and didn't even have time for the last passage

ugh. i think i'm gonna cancel

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby neeko » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:21 pm

1212 wrote:
Ginj wrote:Chopin didn't bother me, but the sea floor...Jesus...



+1

I hate the ocean. And magnets. WTF are grains?!?

Ha.


This just made me lmfao

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7171
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby UnamSanctam » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:23 pm

Modus Ponens wrote:I had RC LG LR RC LR. I was ecstatic that the first RC was experimental... until I finished the second RC.


Sounds like the worst.
Last edited by UnamSanctam on Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CJJ96812
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:51 pm

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby CJJ96812 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:26 pm

EDITED BY TLS MODS

Time Mage
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:56 am

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby Time Mage » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:33 pm

I thought the RC was brutal (it is my weakest section though). It was my last section and I was pretty comfortable with how I was doing. I guessed on about 2-3 questions in the first 4 sections and then I get to RC...and I didn't even finish :( The comparative one I heard was not too bad but that was my last and I had to guess on each Q. And the questions I did do for Chopin/Geology I'm not too comfortable with. I was hoping for 167/168 but now it looks like I'll be taking the test in October.

mille295
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby mille295 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:36 pm

Bashy wrote:
vissidarte27 wrote:
Ginj wrote:Chopin didn't bother me, but the sea floor...Jesus...


Me too. Didn't think Chopin was hard at all, but all that geology made me go "...huh?"


I lucked out in that I minored in Geology and just got out of a class about sedimentology. Never have I been so happy to know geology stuff.



This douchebag reminds me of the guy I overheard talking during the break about how he hadn't "missed a single question!"

Fuck off. Knowledge on a specific topic prior to a test doesn't help... The LSAT was designed in a way to test reasoning and analytical skills, not our knowledge of geology/kate chopin/red balls in boxes

drobe24
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 12:42 pm

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby drobe24 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:37 pm

Kate Chopin can go back where she came from.

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby neeko » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:38 pm

Time Mage wrote:I thought the RC was brutal (it is my weakest section though). It was my last section and I was pretty comfortable with how I was doing. I guessed on about 2-3 questions in the first 4 sections and then I get to RC...and I didn't even finish :( The comparative one I heard was not too bad but that was my last and I had to guess on each Q. And the questions I did do for Chopin/Geology I'm not too comfortable with. I was hoping for 167/168 but now it looks like I'll be taking the test in October.


Same here. I registered for October asvsoon as I got home. There's just no way I can overcome that RC section, coupled with the balls game I know I bombed.

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7171
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby UnamSanctam » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:38 pm

mille295 wrote:
Bashy wrote:
vissidarte27 wrote:
Ginj wrote:Chopin didn't bother me, but the sea floor...Jesus...


Me too. Didn't think Chopin was hard at all, but all that geology made me go "...huh?"


I lucked out in that I minored in Geology and just got out of a class about sedimentology. Never have I been so happy to know geology stuff.



This douchebag reminds me of the guy I overheard talking during the break about how he hadn't "missed a single question!"

Fuck off. Knowledge on a specific topic prior to a test doesn't help... The LSAT was designed in a way to test reasoning and analytical skills, not our knowledge of geology/kate chopin/red balls in boxes


It's easier to comprehend a passage when it doesn't make your eyes glaze over. If he knows geology terms, then he probably recognized enough things not to go :shock: when he was trying to answer questions. Give me a passage about law or history and I'll perform much better than I would on a math/science passage, 9 times out of 10.

cardsfan04
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:51 pm

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby cardsfan04 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:39 pm

How do you know which one is experimental? I felt like I crushed the first one and totally bombed the second.

It went LR/LG/RC/LR/RC for me. I felt REALLY good about how I was doing until the 5th section. I was hoping for a 165 this time as something to build on for October, but felt I might have been closer to 170 UNTIL the 2nd RC. Couldn't keep my focus. It didn't help that two proctors were joking around (quietly, but audibly) at the start of the section and then shuffling our tickets around as the section progressed. Probably just tough luck on my part, but pissed me off.

joemama628
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:25 pm

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby joemama628 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:41 pm

goddamn. as someone who usually gets -3 on RC at MOST, this section completely threw me for a loop. I had to almost entirely guess on one of the passages, and the questions that I DID answer, i'm not 100 percent on. shit.

imbored25
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:58 pm

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby imbored25 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:42 pm

cardsfan04 wrote:How do you know which one is experimental? I felt like I crushed the first one and totally bombed the second.

It went LR/LG/RC/LR/RC for me. I felt REALLY good about how I was doing until the 5th section. I was hoping for a 165 this time as something to build on for October, but felt I might have been closer to 170 UNTIL the 2nd RC. Couldn't keep my focus. It didn't help that two proctors were joking around (quietly, but audibly) at the start of the section and then shuffling our tickets around as the section progressed. Probably just tough luck on my part, but pissed me off.


i believe the exp section is usually amongst the first three sections

echo
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:26 am

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby echo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:48 pm

cardsfan04 wrote:How do you know which one is experimental? I felt like I crushed the first one and totally bombed the second.

It went LR/LG/RC/LR/RC for me. I felt REALLY good about how I was doing until the 5th section. I was hoping for a 165 this time as something to build on for October, but felt I might have been closer to 170 UNTIL the 2nd RC. Couldn't keep my focus. It didn't help that two proctors were joking around (quietly, but audibly) at the start of the section and then shuffling our tickets around as the section progressed. Probably just tough luck on my part, but pissed me off.


Unfortunately in your case the first RC would probably have been the experimental. Historically the experimental has always been in the first three sections, so unless LSAC is really messing with us...

jayz4
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:15 am

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby jayz4 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:49 pm

joemama628 wrote:goddamn. as someone who usually gets -3 on RC at MOST, this section completely threw me for a loop. I had to almost entirely guess on one of the passages, and the questions that I DID answer, i'm not 100 percent on. shit.


AGREED! Anyone else think most the practice tests aren't indicative of how hard the RC has gotten the last two years? I remember taking my first few PTs (the ones in the mid to late '90s) and getting -1 -2 at the most. Then starting with the 2004s I dropped down to -3 -4s, and on one of the most recent ones with the Japanese sculptor/artist I bombed a -7. And on December '09 I got a -6. Pretty sure I got a -7+ on this goddamn section.

Definitely thinking about cancelling. Just sucks I have to go through this process again.

User avatar
tigerlaw7
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 4:41 pm

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Postby tigerlaw7 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:50 pm

Yep, I agree with just about everything here.
Last edited by tigerlaw7 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, bcapace, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Instrumental, ltowns1, MSNbot Media, Tazewell, tuesdayninja, Windjammer, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests