June 2011 RC Feedback Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
fltanglab

Silver

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Post by fltanglab » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:26 am

To add to what everyone has been saying, I think the LG was simple and the RC was hard only because of timing. I felt rushed after I realized I had spent a while on the first passage and quickly moved on to the other passages, to my benefit I think. When the proctor called five minutes in my room, I heard the entire room groan, so rest assured the timing issue was across the board (unless the 100 or so people in my room are really unrepresentative). I have a science background, so it helped a little, but I knew nothing about the information in the passage beyond high school science.

leche

Bronze

Post by leche » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:25 pm

I am actually pretty grateful I got RC as my last section. Even though I might have done a little better if I hadn't been fatigued, that totally would have thrown off my confidence for the rest of the test.

However, I think I royally screwed myself when I decided what order to go in - Chopin, ocean ridges, otter pelts, historical objectivity. I was a lit major and read Chopin, so it didn't seem too terrible. But that ocean ridges one KILLED me. I found myself rereading sentences 2-3 times and still having no idea what I had just read. The other two weren't easy either...law is usually my weak topic (which makes me feel GREAT about law school), and that historical objectivity one was pretty weird.

Ugh.

postn0bills

Bronze

Post by postn0bills » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:50 pm

Last edited by postn0bills on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

elisedfra

New

Post by elisedfra » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:49 am

neeko wrote:
Time Mage wrote:I thought the RC was brutal (it is my weakest section though). It was my last section and I was pretty comfortable with how I was doing. I guessed on about 2-3 questions in the first 4 sections and then I get to RC...and I didn't even finish :( The comparative one I heard was not too bad but that was my last and I had to guess on each Q. And the questions I did do for Chopin/Geology I'm not too comfortable with. I was hoping for 167/168 but now it looks like I'll be taking the test in October.
Same here. I registered for October asvsoon as I got home. There's just no way I can overcome that RC section,
+1

comments.expert

New

Post by comments.expert » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:18 pm

The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly.
8) 8)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

baconpuffs

Bronze

Post by baconpuffs » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:36 pm

the fuck?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”