June 2011 RC Feedback Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Strange

Silver

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Post by Strange » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:06 am

Seems to me like the balls game screwed up a lot of people on LG, though I did fine on it.

LR wasn't difficult, wouldn't say it was easier though.

I might just be talking myself into thinking there will be a great curve, I Don't know what else to do :(

MrBain_

New

Post by MrBain_ » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:13 am

Strange wrote: I might just be talking myself into thinking there will be a great curve, I Don't know what else to do :(
Keep it up, i need help convincing myself that this curve is gonna be -12 and will give me a chance at 170. I just can't do it with LG not being as tough as some of the more generously curved test.

joebloe

Bronze

Post by joebloe » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:15 am

I thought RC was the hardest section, with Kate Chopin leading it by far. I had very little trouble with magnets (how do they work?) tbh; sorry folks, a science background does help. I imagine a lit background would have helped me with Chopin too.

I remember the comparative being pretty easy... wasn't it historical objectivity? And the fourth one... was endangered pelts?

I had RC-LR-LG-RC-LR. I had a feeling the first RC was exp from the git go... I don't think I've seen a six-paragraph RC passage before. I forget all the topics.

As to LG... cars was what hurt me a lot because I didn't get the key deductions and I was starting to freak and couldn't hash out hypos. So I skipped to balls... I don't think that one was too tough. I'd fucked up converting the rules from game 2 (forget the theme) into logical notation too and made some deductions that were plainly wrong... so had to rediagram the whole damn thing.

LR went really easy for me, and I felt very confident about most of my responses.

Still finished all sections with time to spare, no guessing. Much easier than December, and I didn't study half as hard. I feel like, at best, I went -6 (given the ones I wasn't 100% confident on). I just hope I do better than -10.

boris the drunk

New

Post by boris the drunk » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:18 am

I had LG LR LG RC LR, anyone know which LG is exp.?

joebloe

Bronze

Post by joebloe » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:23 am

boris the drunk wrote:I had LG LR LG RC LR, anyone know which LG is exp.?
Colored balls and car maintenance were real.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MrBain_

New

Post by MrBain_ » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:25 am

joebloe wrote: I had RC-LR-LG-RC-LR. I had a feeling the first RC was exp from the git go...
:shock:
boris the drunk wrote:I had LG LR LG RC LR, anyone know which LG is exp.?
:shock:

Sorry man, absolutely no idea which one of your LG could have been the exp.

chasy_price

New

Post by chasy_price » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:26 am

Yeags wrote:
rubydandun wrote:
chasy_price wrote:I am totally on the boat guys....

I mean RC has been my worst section and yes PT 50's RC pretty much killed me and today the RC was the last section and I just DIED......

Every single passage I was like "wtf" and had to guess pretty much everything on the sea floor.....

AWFUL

So, cancel or not??
It seems to be the consensus that everyone screwed up WAY harder on RC than normal - which leads me to believe that the curve will be somewhat generous. Be patient and see what you get. It's what I'm doing.

Hm interested in this as well. I screwed up on the RC but felt fine about the rest. Decided to cancel my score tomorrow by fax. Seems like everyone in this thread screwed up more than normal but I've seen a couple of others in the June waiting thread who said the RC was pretty average. What do you think the curve will be like?

That is what I am saying, although I still haven't made up my mind of canceling or what. I am not relying on the curve... If we get anything more than -10 I consider it generous. Plus, for me who bombed the entire section, a 2-5 range curve isn't going to save my life a lot.....It still depends on how much I actually GUESSED RIGHT?

Part of me still dream of being super lucky today and guessed right on a bunch. The part of me just want to kill myself.

Some people actually said today's RC was easier.... SCREW THEM.

Strange

Silver

Post by Strange » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:30 am

If anyone would be so kind as to indicate to me which LR was real in my PM box... please do... I had 3 lrs

chasy_price

New

Post by chasy_price » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:32 am

I guess on one question of the ball game. LG in general wasn't bad.....

I had 3 LR and by the end of the test I don't remember any question of LR.

RC.....

I am not even talking about 165 here. I think today's RC is probably going to push me down mid-150 range!!!!!!
All the study and prep.....

So frustrated.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

joebloe

Bronze

Post by joebloe » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:38 am

chasy_price wrote:I had 3 LR and by the end of the test I don't remember any question of LR.
Hell, even with two LR sections, I can't remember any of it. They say it's a good sign though, to be able to put all the test contents out of your mind... that you don't have any lingering wonders.

Then again I felt this way after December and still fell 10 points short of my PT average.

lsapplicant07

New

Post by lsapplicant07 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:43 am

chasy_price wrote:
This.

sunrat

New

Post by sunrat » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:45 am

This was definitely my worst section, but I'm not sure how much worse it was than normal. I know there was a handful of answers I wasn't sure on, but it's all muddled in my mind at this point.

pkrtbx

New

Post by pkrtbx » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:45 am

rubydandun wrote:
I could have posted this...exactly how i felt. LG is my weakness, but i was CRUSHING them and was certain it had to be experimental. Lo and behold, it wasn't.
+1. I was literally finding Jesus during the break and praying that it was real.
rubydandun wrote:The RC passage about the ocean floors man...
I didn't think it was terrible overall but there was one that I swear to god does not have an answer...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

pandabear

New

Post by pandabear » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:46 am

i can't believe RC is gonna be the reason i cancel my score. so frustrating

chasy_price

New

Post by chasy_price » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:46 am

joebloe wrote:
chasy_price wrote:I had 3 LR and by the end of the test I don't remember any question of LR.
Hell, even with two LR sections, I can't remember any of it. They say it's a good sign though, to be able to put all the test contents out of your mind... that you don't have any lingering wonders.

Then again I felt this way after December and still fell 10 points short of my PT average.

Yeah I can't remember any LR but all I can think of is the damn RC!!!!

This is so cruel. RC is my worst and it had to be the last section with fucking 27 question!

I can't hold anymore I just have to curse. This is so bad!

Neidermeyer519

Bronze

Post by Neidermeyer519 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:59 am

I usually hate RC and it is my worst section, but I took some mental supplements (DMAE) with a 5 hour energy and was zoned in. I found a few questions difficult in RC, but overall it was easier for me. I attribute it to the supplements mostly, but I just flew through most of the test. I think I only missed a couple in RC, but hell, I could be way wrong too :/

TMC116

Bronze

Post by TMC116 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:01 am

Yeags wrote:
TMC116 wrote:Yeah RC was brutal. I may have missed about 8-10 on this RC section.

Let's start a "Cancelling the June 2011 LSAT Club". Who's in with me?
haha I'm in! RC was my last passage, and I totally bombed. I felt okay about this test up until RC. the first two passages took me way too long, I panicked and guessed on the majority of the last two passages.

Registered for the October one right after I got home.

That is *exactly* what happened to me during RC. The last section of the entire test= 27 questions from hell

I'll be cancelling my score. Now i have to wait 4 months before i can take it again. :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sobassassin

New

Post by sobassassin » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:18 am

I suggest a new national holiday to commemorate August 22, 1904.

Google if necessary.

Roma1287

New

Post by Roma1287 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:38 am

sobassassin wrote:I suggest a new national holiday to commemorate August 22, 1904.

Google if necessary.

:lol: :lol:

joebloe

Bronze

Post by joebloe » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:46 am

Did anybody else think of the ICP song "Miracles" when they were reading through the magnetism passage?

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:51 am

--ImageRemoved--

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:16 am

rubydandun wrote:
ev24 wrote:The scored RC section was my last one and it was awful! RC is usually my best section, so the fact that this RC was so brutal is completely demoralizing for me. The worst one for me was the ocean passage. It was ridiculous and I honestly didn't retain any of the information from it, which led me to panic. Some of the passages from that RC section seemed more difficult to me than anything I had seen on PTs. I thought for sure that I would leave feeling the worst about the LG, but was completely wrong.
I could have posted this...exactly how i felt. LG is my weakness, but i was CRUSHING them and was certain it had to be experimental. Lo and behold, it wasn't.

The RC passage about the ocean floors man...i DID. NOT. RETAIN. a thing. It was horrific. and even the first passage owned me about the seal fur and alaskans etc. And having the section 5th was the worst thing.

Jesus I hope we get a huge curve, bc this RC was brutal
I did the same thing with the oceans, I honestly feel like I guessed for every questions, but this was true of every passage for me not just the oceans. I have no idea wtf any of that even said to me.I agree the 5th section was the worse thing, I was spent by then and there was no way I was comprehending all that.

Bashy

Bronze

Post by Bashy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:38 am

sobassassin wrote:I suggest a new national holiday to commemorate August 22, 1904.

Google if necessary.
Googled. Laughed. Thanks.

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:39 am

Google if necessary.

Hahaha, love it.

Yeags

Bronze

Post by Yeags » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:01 am

chasy_price wrote:
Yeags wrote:
rubydandun wrote:
chasy_price wrote:I am totally on the boat guys....

I mean RC has been my worst section and yes PT 50's RC pretty much killed me and today the RC was the last section and I just DIED......

Every single passage I was like "wtf" and had to guess pretty much everything on the sea floor.....

AWFUL

So, cancel or not??
It seems to be the consensus that everyone screwed up WAY harder on RC than normal - which leads me to believe that the curve will be somewhat generous. Be patient and see what you get. It's what I'm doing.

Hm interested in this as well. I screwed up on the RC but felt fine about the rest. Decided to cancel my score tomorrow by fax. Seems like everyone in this thread screwed up more than normal but I've seen a couple of others in the June waiting thread who said the RC was pretty average. What do you think the curve will be like?

That is what I am saying, although I still haven't made up my mind of canceling or what. I am not relying on the curve... If we get anything more than -10 I consider it generous. Plus, for me who bombed the entire section, a 2-5 range curve isn't going to save my life a lot.....It still depends on how much I actually GUESSED RIGHT?

Part of me still dream of being super lucky today and guessed right on a bunch. The part of me just want to kill myself.

The bolded part is exactly how I'm feeling. I was having second thoughts about the cancel last night but dismissed any doubts. I'm like you and feel like I guessed on the entire section. I just froze and my brain stopped processing what I was reading. So a -10 or a -12 curve wouldn't help me much in terms of getting to my target. Well, I'm looking forward to when they release the June test so I can check how many I guessed right, but I probably would've forgotten what I put by then.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”