June 2011 RC Feedback Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
psm11

Bronze

Re: June 2011 RC Feedback

Post by psm11 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:50 pm

cvntstscrty wrote:Fair warning: these posts could be in violation of test taker contract with LSAC. Test takers have entered into a contract with LSAC that they will not discuss with others the test questions they have taken. These offending posts will be reported to the LSAC for appropriate action which could include submitting violators to the LSAC Misconduct Subcommittee.

Caveon Test Security is a test security vendor for LSAC.
what a big pussy.

cardsfan04

New

Post by cardsfan04 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:56 pm

echo wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:How do you know which one is experimental? I felt like I crushed the first one and totally bombed the second.

It went LR/LG/RC/LR/RC for me. I felt REALLY good about how I was doing until the 5th section. I was hoping for a 165 this time as something to build on for October, but felt I might have been closer to 170 UNTIL the 2nd RC. Couldn't keep my focus. It didn't help that two proctors were joking around (quietly, but audibly) at the start of the section and then shuffling our tickets around as the section progressed. Probably just tough luck on my part, but pissed me off.
Unfortunately in your case the first RC would probably have been the experimental. Historically the experimental has always been in the first three sections, so unless LSAC is really messing with us...
bleh, that makes me sick. Oh well, I anticipated taking it again in October anyway. If I don't cancel this score, and don't cancel it in October either, am I still eligible to take it in December? All of the schools I'm looking at look exclusively at the highest score, so I don't mind having a lower score than my goal on there.

CJJ96812

New

Post by CJJ96812 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:57 pm

EDITED BY TLS MODS

cindypopper

New

Post by cindypopper » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:57 pm

drobe24 wrote:Kate Chopin can go back where she came from.
hahaha...yes! I hated that passage

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:58 pm

@cardsfan04: Yes, you can take the LSAT 3 times in a two year period.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mdahl

New

Post by mdahl » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:59 pm

Just to add another voice to the chorus, that RC section was awful. On practice tests, I was getting at most one or two answers wrong and having no trouble with time. I almost ran out of time on today's RC, and I definitely didn't feel confident about my answers to the questions on the last two passages.

Bashy

Bronze

Post by Bashy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:05 pm

Last edited by Bashy on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

citykitty

Bronze

Post by citykitty » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:08 pm

Bashy wrote:Easy there, killer. I didn't say I hadn't "missed a single question." I just thought it was funny/coincidental that I spent the past semester studying the exact subject that a passage covered and I was able to easily interpret the material presented.

You can say what you want about prior knowledge not helping, but I know my fucking basalt grains.
I think it helps. I was a humanities major and familiar with the author discussed in one passage. It makes it easier to digest the information, when you have some background knowledge. One doesn't get so hung up on all the details and is better able to comprehend the point of the argument. And in another example, I got hosed on an exp passage that was scientific in nature.

cardsfan04

New

Post by cardsfan04 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:11 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:@cardsfan04: Yes, you can take the LSAT 3 times in a two year period.
Thanks. That's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure. Guess I have no reason to cancel my score then.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

westinghouse60

Bronze

Post by westinghouse60 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:15 pm

The few times I've came across a topic I knew something about (behavioral economics in one of the more recent PTs, and another one on economics) I didn't find it any easier. Probably because I was short on time and made assumptions.

Anyway, I hated today's RC...

gggrra

New

Post by gggrra » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:32 pm

justbubbles wrote:I think the consensus pretty much is: most people didn't do well on RC, right? :(
I think any responses you get probably not going to be representative of the entire population.

FWIW this was not great for me... lost focus + some silly musician playing in the background... plus I didn't start my timer, so my timing was thrown off a little.

coldshoulder

Silver

Post by coldshoulder » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:35 pm

Worst RC of my life. Those of us that got LR/LG/RC/LR/RC got fucked.

citykitty

Bronze

Post by citykitty » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:38 pm

coldshoulder wrote:Worst RC of my life. Those of us that got LR/LG/RC/LR/RC got fucked.
It was certainly a brutal day. People IRL keep asking me how it went. I just keep saying "brutal." That's about the only way to describe it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Neidermeyer519

Bronze

Post by Neidermeyer519 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:38 pm

mille295 wrote:
Bashy wrote:
vissidarte27 wrote:
Ginj wrote:Chopin didn't bother me, but the sea floor...Jesus...
Me too. Didn't think Chopin was hard at all, but all that geology made me go "...huh?"
I lucked out in that I minored in Geology and just got out of a class about sedimentology. Never have I been so happy to know geology stuff.

This douchebag reminds me of the guy I overheard talking during the break about how he hadn't "missed a single question!"

Fuck off. Knowledge on a specific topic prior to a test doesn't help... The LSAT was designed in a way to test reasoning and analytical skills, not our knowledge of geology/kate chopin/red balls in boxes
I would say being familair with the topic does in fact help. At the very least, it makes it less intimidating and you are less likely to get caught up in unfamiliar language. I know the LSAT is designed to test material you aren't familair with, and the only necessary information is located in the passage, but I have always felt more comfortable with science passages. That being said, I know what you mean about getting pissed when people say shit like that.

KingMenes

New

Post by KingMenes » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:41 pm

In regards to RC, ---> fuck. Typically, that is my best section; but I felt like I bombed that section. :cry:

LR LG LR LR RC

Well, I'm off to enjoy a spirit.....

Neidermeyer519

Bronze

Post by Neidermeyer519 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:41 pm

I actually felt pretty good about this RC, and it is typically my worst section. I know that for me a lot of this had to do with me being relaxed for this exam as opposed to the last time I took it. Plus in December when I took the test they were doing a Forensics competiton in the next room and decided to start being really loud during the RC passage, so it was a relief to have complete silence this time around.

justbubbles

Bronze

Post by justbubbles » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:43 pm

gggrra wrote:
justbubbles wrote:I think the consensus pretty much is: most people didn't do well on RC, right? :(
I think any responses you get probably not going to be representative of the entire population.

FWIW this was not great for me... lost focus + some silly musician playing in the background... plus I didn't start my timer, so my timing was thrown off a little.
Fair enough, but even the 'lay' consensus (on and off TLS) ought to allude to something, even if not scientific or accurately indicative of a large sect. :wink:

Judging by the feedback on TLS and from others that sit for the test, the general theme seems to be that: RC was rather challenging. :cry:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gggrra

New

Post by gggrra » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:07 pm

justbubbles wrote:
gggrra wrote:

Fair enough, but even the 'lay' consensus (on and off TLS) ought to allude to something, even if not scientific or accurately indicative of a large sect. :wink:

Judging by the feedback on TLS and from others that sit for the test, the general theme seems to be that: RC was rather challenging. :cry:
well I certainly hope that that's the case since I didn't do well. I'm just a little more cautious about these threads since I thought the games section was okay, but there are people panicking about balls and cars in the other thread :P

mchuynh

New

Post by mchuynh » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:12 pm

I thought it was pretty hard.... especially the geology one :cry:

Fleurdelis6111

New

Post by Fleurdelis6111 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:17 pm

BLDGbloc wrote:
jayz4 wrote:Kate Chopin was terrible…
+1
+180

lakers3peat

Bronze

Post by lakers3peat » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:18 pm

i had RC, LG, LR, RC, LR

1st RC(exp)-- thought I did decently on this one...

LG--did well on 1, 2, 3 then choked under pressure on balls.

LR1-was so depressed over balls I bombed this one

Break---calmed myself down, told myself I did aight on RC so I could redeem myeslf...

RC(actual)--stopped caring after realizing the only section I felt I did well on ends up being the experimental.

all in all, failblog.net

note to self: don't think about cancelling your score in teh middle of an exam otherwise you will score like shit. I doubt I even broke 160s this time and I thought overall, this was MUCH easier then december.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gizmo

New

Post by Gizmo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:38 pm

mille295 wrote: Fuck off. Knowledge on a specific topic prior to a test doesn't help...
Oops. It can.

TMC116

Bronze

Post by TMC116 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:43 pm

Yeah RC was brutal. I may have missed about 8-10 on this RC section.

Let's start a "Cancelling the June 2011 LSAT Club". Who's in with me?
Last edited by TMC116 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tainted_Praise

Bronze

Post by Tainted_Praise » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:44 pm

TMC116 wrote:Yeah RC was brutal. In judging the difficult, the real question is: where were you scoring before this test and how many do you think you missed on this section alone?

I wanted something in the high 160s (where i'd been testing). I may have missed about 8-10 on this RC section. My fingers are crossed.

damn...

Let's start a "Cancelling the June 2011 LSAT Club". Who's in with me?

If I missed only 8 to 10 on this RC... I'd be happy... I skimmed TWO passages...And made educated guesses. Stupid move trying to read about sea floors first.

Tainted_Praise

Bronze

Post by Tainted_Praise » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:45 pm

Does anyone know the number of questions in this section?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”