Am I good to go with LG?

Tainted_Praise

Am I good to go with LG?

Postby Tainted_Praise » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:31 pm

So I stayed up all night practicing and NAILING LG games... Took two PT's (older ones...The older ones are supposed to have harder LG's right?)

Anyway.. Got 20/22

And 19/23

Is this still not enough... Should I post pone until I get -0? Or should I just pray that the LG's on the LSAT are slightly easier and wing it?

seancris

Re: Am I good to go with LG?

Postby seancris » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:38 pm

Depends on the score you want. If you get -4 on PTs it's definitely conceivable to get -7 or so on the real thing considering test day jitters and other circumstances. But -4 or -2 is also possible.

We seem to be in similar circumstances though and I'm definitely taking it. It's my first time taking it and my schools would have no problem with an October score so I have a pretty nothing-to-lose attitude about it.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:06 pm

Take the test. Missing -3 is not a big deal. You could easily go -0.

I would review both those sections and figure out why you missed those questions. Did you set up a hypo incorrectly? Did you misinterpret a rule? Figure it out and then retake one of those sections. Nail it, and then get some rest.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:33 pm

I did the same thing Friday and yesterday. Missed -6 on Friday, -0 yesterday and today . Generally average around -4 or so. I'm taking it as well- if need be I'll retake in October. As long as you aren't scoring terribly it's worth taking this time, IMO.

youknowryan

Postby youknowryan » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:42 pm

Tainted_Praise wrote:So I stayed up all night practicing and NAILING LG games... Took two PT's (older ones...The older ones are supposed to have harder LG's right?)

Anyway.. Got 20/22

And 19/23

Is this still not enough... Should I post pone until I get -0? Or should I just pray that the LG's on the LSAT are slightly easier and wing it?

The Super Preps, many of the tests in the 30s and some of the 20s have LG that is much harder than anything you are likely to see tomorrow. Take the day off, stay off this forum, go see a movie (or something fun) and take the test tomorrow.
Last edited by youknowryan on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lakers3peat

Postby lakers3peat » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:27 pm

depends on how you do on the other sections... LG should and could be -0 IMO. It is the only section you do questions and basically know you got them right. Are you slow to do them or are you just making silly mistakes? If you are finishing on time/with time, maybe slow your pace down a second and dont assume anything. test all your answers with hypos to make sure you are getting them right. If you are running out of time, then I dont know what to tell ya ;P

Verity

Postby Verity » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:37 pm

If you can postpone AND you feel that you haven't done all the studying you can (i.e., you haven't gone through almost every preptest and read LG Bible cover to cover, multiple times), then postpone.

john1990

Postby john1990 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:00 pm

It sounds like you are in good shape for LG. I have had a few perfect LG sections and i still get the occasional -2 or -3 from silly mistakes. In fact, odds are you would be better off prepping for a different section unless you are scoring 173+

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”