Repeat Questions

BSC

Repeat Questions

Postby BSC » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Working through the LG and LR bibles, the questions at the end of each section are questions i'll end up running into while taking PTs later on. What do i do about that? Right now I have the first three Actual LSAT books, I was thinking maybe use the first book or two to drill with instead of using the questions from the bibles. How do you guys do it? thanks

mushybrain

Re: Repeat Questions

Postby mushybrain » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:45 pm

I found working through the questions as I did the LR and LG Bibles to be VERY helpful. I did notice a couple repeats as I worked through the PTs, but nothing crazy. I certainly didn't recall them well enough to remember the right answer without reading it again. Personally, if I were to do it again I'd go ahead and work through the questions as they're presented and not worry too much about repeats unless you have an amazing memory.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:47 pm

You ought to be using the tests from about 40 on to work on full exams, so it's not a big deal if you run into some of the earlier stuff first. You should be doing what you mention with drilling large amounts of questions of that type, but you probably should avoid the older tests when doing full, timed tests

BSC

Postby BSC » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:59 pm

Thanks for the quick responses. So where can i find like a list of the LGs from the earlier PTs sorted out in categories? Or will I have to do this on my own. Also how do you go about drilling the LR sections? Just do a section and review? Or is it similar to the games where you do each section more than ones over a few days?

mushybrain

Postby mushybrain » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:02 pm

I don't remember which tests they pull from, but the "Grouped by Question Type" books do the dirty work for you if that's how you want to roll. Maybe do a search here to see which tests they pull from. I bought the LG book and have no idea where it is and never used it so I can't tell you, heh.

BSC

Postby BSC » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:10 pm

Thanks, I found this link that does it for 19-38, so that was really helpful. http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/lo ... types.html

If anyone can still answer my question bout how they go about drilling LR sections that'd be awesome. Cuz i figure I have a plan for LG an d RC sections. Do you do full timed PTs as you're working through the bibles? or is that a waste since you haven't learned how to tackle the harder stuff yet?

mushybrain

Postby mushybrain » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:15 pm

I didn't do full timed PTs until I got through the bibles. I did timed sections for each after I finished the respective bible, though.

LR has always been my strong section, so I didn't need to do a lot, but I just did sections and reviewed what I got wrong. I didn't repeat sections like I did with LG.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:20 pm

BSC wrote:Thanks, I found this link that does it for 19-38, so that was really helpful. http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/lo ... types.html

If anyone can still answer my question bout how they go about drilling LR sections that'd be awesome. Cuz i figure I have a plan for LG an d RC sections. Do you do full timed PTs as you're working through the bibles? or is that a waste since you haven't learned how to tackle the harder stuff yet?

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... ed+by+type
Same as with LG. Do a section of your preferred strategy book, then work questions of that type for a while.

BSC

Postby BSC » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:27 pm

That's awesome, thanks!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”