Game plan for tomorrow?

bardreams

Game plan for tomorrow?

Postby bardreams » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:36 pm

Just finished my final practice test before the June exam. My plan is to review all the wrong/guessed answers tomorrow, redo those problems, and go over any chapter summaries in LRB or LGB that may help. I then plan on driving to the testing site and find the classroom that I will be in tomorrow.

Finally, print my admission ticket, put everything I need in my bag and make my sacrificial offering to the LSAT gods.

Anything I'm forgetting?

pkrtbx

Re: Game plan for tomorrow?

Postby pkrtbx » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:01 pm

Watch a funny movie.

I am going to try and get my bag packed and papers all in order today so I don't have to think about the stressful minutiae at all tomorrow. I am seeing Bridesmaids during the day with a couple friends, will go through some easy LG and RC drills, getting a massage in the late afternoon and then calling it an early night.

mushybrain

Postby mushybrain » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:06 pm

I already have everything printed, passport photo done and attached to ticket, bottle of water purchased, and all of it piled on top of the ziploc I'll be using. I'm anxious, what can I say.

I did two sections plus the dino LG today and I am done for the day. I went shopping and got my nails done and tonight I'll watch a movie. :)

So, my plan tomorrow is to get up at 9 like I plan to on Monday, do some untimed sections or maybe a full untimed test to keep my brain moving. Once I hit mid afternoon I'm calling it quits for the day and watching movies.

maxpower430

Postby maxpower430 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:25 pm

i'm going to do my best to keep tomorrow totally lsat free, i've got my ziplock bag ready and all my pencils sharpened etc. figure it will be good to give my brain a full day to get ready for monday, and i'll get it back into lsat mode with my warmup (first 15 lr questions of a section, and a game or two)

kalede

Postby kalede » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:57 pm

I'm going to wake up pretty early and do a couple of LGs, do a RC passage, maybe review some LR questions I had trouble with. After that, I'm going to take my dog for a walk, and then later spend a good chunk of the day relaxing in the pool with a margarita.

...and then later I'll inevitably end up browsing on here. Because that's what always happens.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:12 pm

I checked out a few days ago, been going boating, playing civilization etc. I was watching deadliest catch earlier today, and it just sort of hit me: "I'm taking the LSAT the day after tomorrow..."

That said, I'm not going to do anything crazy. My allergies have been killing me, so I'll probably work on some student org stuff, watch some tv etc. I'll probably leaf through the bibles and re-do a few older questions, just for fun.

My biggest concern is not having a sleepless night. So I will probably go jogging after an early dinner, and then pop some melatonin.

mushybrain

Postby mushybrain » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:17 pm

Don't forget to take some kind of allergy med on Monday morning, assuming you know they don't mess you up somehow! My allergies have been bugging me too and the last thing I need is my nose running all over my booklet.

citykitty

Postby citykitty » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:45 pm

I'm chilling out at this point. I went to bed at a reasonable hour last night and got up at 9a. Will do the same tonight and tomorrow too. I'll probably do a few LG tomorrow, because I find them enjoyable. LOL I saw Hangover 2 today, and plan to see X-Men tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to print my ticket tomorrow and pack my ziploc. I have everything bought, but I still need to put it all together. I'm also going to drive my my testing center, bc I haven't done that yet and scope out parking. No worries though. Just concentrating on relaxing.

echo

Postby echo » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:51 pm

I think I'm planning to pretty much stay away from anything LSAT related. I have a calculus test on Thursday that is actually helping, gives me something else to focus on. I was feeling a little anxious today, so packed up my ziploc bag and set aside everything I need for the test. Lucky enough to be writing at my school, but may take a quick walk over just to figure out exactly where I need to be.

Trying to figure out some way to make sure that I get some sleep tomorrow night. Figuring I will wake up fairly early for a Sunday, go for a long run and then spend some time outside relaxing in the sun. Maybe one LR and LG section, untimed, just to keep my head in the game. For some reason I find RC kind of mentally draining, probably won't touch that. Nice relaxed dinner with a couple of friends with the LSAT off limits as a topic of conversation. Not delusional enough to think that I will be able to forget about it, but I'll give it a shot.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:58 pm

mushybrain wrote:Don't forget to take some kind of allergy med on Monday morning, assuming you know they don't mess you up somehow! My allergies have been bugging me too and the last thing I need is my nose running all over my booklet.

This is extremely credited, as long as you have experience with the medicine you're taking and know it won't affect you negatively. I had really bad seasonal allergies acting up when I took the LSAT last spring and remembering to pop a Claritin before driving to the testing center is one thing I'm extremely thankful I did.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:05 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
mushybrain wrote:Don't forget to take some kind of allergy med on Monday morning, assuming you know they don't mess you up somehow! My allergies have been bugging me too and the last thing I need is my nose running all over my booklet.

This is extremely credited, as long as you have experience with the medicine you're taking and know it won't affect you negatively. I had really bad seasonal allergies acting up when I took the LSAT last spring and remembering to pop a Claritin before driving to the testing center is one thing I'm extremely thankful I did.

Yeah my situation is problematic because I just switched today from Zyrtec, which wasn't helping at all, to allegra. Hopefully the new one works, but I'm not sure if it will make me drowsy or cause other problems. I can tolerate a runny nose, it's the itchy, watery eyes that cause the most problems.

Yeshia90

Postby Yeshia90 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:21 pm

Wake up relatively early to watch Federer-Nadal. Run to CVS to get some supplies. Watch the Mets game. Play golf, eat Indian food, do a few reading passages, probably not in that order.Try and sleep. Not be able to fall asleep. Chug some Nyquil. Wake up at around 4 anyway.
Last edited by Yeshia90 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

redwings15

Postby redwings15 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:39 pm

You should switch out the Indian food for a burrito

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:57 pm

Suggestions on brain foods/drinks?

jortiz682

Postby jortiz682 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:03 am

weathercoins wrote:Suggestions on brain foods/drinks?

salmon, oatmeal w/blueberries, vegetables (specifically broccoli/asparagus/carrots/anything brightly colored, try to get a few diff colors), fruits (blueberries/bananas/apples), whole grains. nothing processed. nothing too fatty or spicy.

mac35352

Postby mac35352 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:11 am

I got a hotel room a mile from my test center. I'll check in around 3, watch a movie, order room service, listen to motivating songs, work out and try to stay positive and relax.
Best of LUCK!!!

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:20 am

minnbills wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

Yeah my situation is problematic because I just switched today from Zyrtec, which wasn't helping at all, to allegra. Hopefully the new one works, but I'm not sure if it will make me drowsy or cause other problems. I can tolerate a runny nose, it's the itchy, watery eyes that cause the most problems.

I feel your pain with the itchy watery eyes thing. My allergies are kicking up now too and I keep reminding myself not to rub and itch my eyes since that just makes it worse. Aside from allergy meds, to help deal with it I use basic lubricating eye drops frequently when the pollen count goes up. They help a lot and lessen the urge to rub your eyes.

Eye drops like this type:

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_ ... navCount=3

--ImageRemoved--

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:27 am

mac35352 wrote:I got a hotel room a mile from my test center. I'll check in around 3, watch a movie, order room service, listen to motivating songs, work out and try to stay positive and relax.
Best of LUCK!!!

Best of luck to you mac. You've been working hard so lets hope it pays off! Image

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”