Lr un/timed

glucose101

Lr un/timed

Postby glucose101 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Currently I'm hammering out each lr type (Kaplan mastery). I'm very slow at it, as in I doubt I can finish each problem in 1:20. Do you thInk this will improve when I get to PTs?

tmon

Re: Lr un/timed

Postby tmon » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:43 pm

Depends. Since there are different question difficulties you want to be very accurate on all types, but especially efficient on the easier ones. If you can get through the easier ones a bit faster and not take too long on the harder questions, that's a good place to be in. A lot of people try to do the first 10 in 10 minutes, as those are the easiest. It's a good checkpoint. Just keep it in mind when you do full sections and if you're still slow maybe supplement with some drilling even if you've already seen the questions.

glucose101

Postby glucose101 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:57 pm

And I knOw this has been asked a million times and the answer is that itll only help, but if I have a gifted recall and remember correct answers (even if I don't understand/remember how to do it), how representative will my pt s be?

mushybrain

Postby mushybrain » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:36 pm

Re: your first question, I'd worry much more about your ability to finish a section within the time than your ability to finish each question in a set time. In my experience, some LR questions take 10 seconds, and others you'll second guess and want to spend more time on. I don't find rigid question-by-question timing useful at ALL on LR. Typically I just check my pace 15 questions in and evaluate my speed from there. If you're studying by type and not by section, you're going to have a harder time evaluating your speed. Focus on learning the techniques while doing them grouped by type, and then practice on full timed sections.

Regarding your second question, I don't understand what you're asking. Do you mean you recall correct answers and you're reusing PTs? If that's the case, your LR scores are obviously not going to be representative of your overall ability in that area. We'd all do well if we memorized the answers and then only did repeat questions.

seancris

Postby seancris » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:28 pm

For pacing I give myself 12 minutes for the first ten, 13 minutes for 11-20 and the remaining 10 minutes for the remaining 4-6. I usually have 3-7 minutes left over to address questions that I have been unsure about. When you start taking PTs you'll be able to develop a system that works for you.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”