Last minute freakout

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
BuckyLaw

New

Last minute freakout

Postby BuckyLaw » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:11 pm

Cold diagnostic at 158. I had been working on studying for about 4 hours/wk since early February but PT's and a basic NOVA LSAT book, improving my PTs to around 164-165. Starting in late April I bumped it up to about 2 hrs/day and on the later PTs was getting between 166-174 (averaging around 168 and usually -0/1 LG, -6/7 LR and -4/5 RC). Even earlier this week my average was still fine.

However, my last PTs from the past couple of day have been rough. I've been down to 164-166! Now, these have been from much earlier editions of the tests (PT 15-27 range). But, my issues have been across the board (-3 LG, -8 LR, -6 RC) and not just focused on the much harder LGs.

Can I attribute this to earlier editions, pre-test anxiety, or is it a larger issue with my prep?

incompetentia

Gold

Re: Last minute freakout

Postby incompetentia » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:33 pm

How much time off have you been giving yourself?

Probably not enough. Don't prep between now and the test (save maybe light drilling) and control your nerves; you should hop back up.

BuckyLaw

New

Postby BuckyLaw » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:04 pm

I had been taking 2 PTs a day for the past week. One morning and one in the afternoon. It's hard to stop prepping when a huge score feels so close after looking over your results.

incompetentia

Gold

Postby incompetentia » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:48 pm

I would stop immediately.

pkrtbx

New

Postby pkrtbx » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:55 pm

BuckyLaw wrote:I had been taking 2 PTs a day for the past week. One morning and one in the afternoon. It's hard to stop prepping when a huge score feels so close after looking over your results.

I feel your pain. I have been 173-176 for the past couple of weeks until this week, when the late 50s started putting me as low as 168. It took everything I had in my not to keep doing a PT a day but it is SO hard to allow yourself to not study when you have that score hanging over your head. I am taking my final PT today and from then on will just be doing drills to keep me on my toes. Don't overdo it, although I can definitely sympathize with the catastrophic effects of a last minute score drop.

No matter what you do though, just have a good attitude. Going into the test dwelling on your lower scores is not going to do you any favors at all.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�