Never provided lsac with ssn...

maxpower430

Never provided lsac with ssn...

Postby maxpower430 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:43 am

so i apparently never provided lsac with my ssn, as there is nothing for it on my profile on lsac, but i looked on my admissions ticket and they provided a ssn on it, which is not my actual ssn. obviously this is pretty late in the game, is there a reason they did this/should i provide them with updated ssn? not sure what to do here, thanks.

lakers3peat

Re: Never provided lsac with ssn...

Postby lakers3peat » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:56 am

:?: you gave LSAC a fake SSN? lmfao... doesnt really make sense why they'd put some random person's ssn on your ticket.

maxpower430

Postby maxpower430 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:00 am

lol no i didn't give them any ssn, or at least i don't think i did (made it a year ago) and under ssn nothing shows up whereas i know it'll show the last 4 digits if you submitted one.

lakers3peat

Postby lakers3peat » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:36 am

maxpower430 wrote: but i looked on my admissions ticket and they provided a ssn on it, .

but what does that mean?

lakers3peat

Postby lakers3peat » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:38 am

either way, they dont check your social security card or anything at the testing site so it's not a big deal, just call them sometime soon and fix it... maybe u can fix it on your online account? not sure though, i dont even remember when in the registration process they asked for SSN.. but for future reference when an official organization like LSAC asks for your SSN its prob smart to put your own/put a ssn ;P paranoia gets me sometimes too so no judgement passed here

maxpower430

Postby maxpower430 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:23 pm

ha yea i dunno i'm always hesitant to give it, tho i guess lsac should have been an exception. also what i meant was there is a SSN provided on the admissions ticket. however, it is 999-xx-xxx and i'm told that no ssn begins with 9, which likely means it is a filler number. the only thing i'm unsure of now is whether on the lsat itself i should put in the number assigned to me and sort it out after the exam or just put in my real ssn.

Kilpatrick

Postby Kilpatrick » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:29 pm

Just fax them the correct number right away

ejh22

Postby ejh22 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:25 pm

I also didn't provide LSAC with my SSN when I created my account and they did put a filler number there, if I am not mistaken (I would call them just to make sure that is the case--any time I have called there they have been extremely nice and helpful). When I took the LSAT I filled in my actual SSN on the scantron and they replaced the filler number with it. I got an email from them a few weeks after I took the test saying that they had done this. I believe that you are required to put your SSN on the scantron when you take the LSAT.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:46 pm

Yea I wouldn't worry about this. Just correct the mistake ASAP (maybe wait until Tuesday, but fill it out tomorrow correctly). As long as you didn't withhold it because of a criminal background you were trying to hide, you'll be fine.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”