My driver license is expired!!!!I dont have anyother ID!!

shibei818

My driver license is expired!!!!I dont have anyother ID!!

Postby shibei818 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:16 pm

I asked LSAC about the ID we have to bring to the exam center, they only accept passport, driver license, state ID.
But I just lost my passport yesterday, it's impossible to get an new passport within 2 days, and my driver license is expired on May 15th, I dont any state ID, What can I do next? Will the supervisor accept my expired driver license????

lakers3peat

Re: My driver license is expired!!!!I dont have anyother ID!!

Postby lakers3peat » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:19 pm

better go to the DMV bright and early on monday morning and get the temporary papers.. I'm pretty sure that they accept the temporary papers, given that you lost yours. it says on the papers that those are as valid as license

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:21 pm

It depends on the proctor, but my guess is an expired license will not be accepted. Though I feel bad for you, I am perplexed as to how you waited until the Friday night before the test to realize this. And you lost your passport yesterday? How?

lakers3peat

Postby lakers3peat » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:44 pm

every city has a DMV that is open on saturdays... it might be a drive, but you could also consider just going tommorow so you dont have to deal with it on monday....

to be completely honest, you could probably give them an expired license and they wont notice. if they do, you could pretend like you just noticed and play the sympathy card... the proctors, in my experience, are usually pretty chill/down to earth. it's their supervisors that have the stick up their asses.

I used to have to verify people's IDs before a test and sometimes because of all the rucus, would not always check expiration, just make sure the name matches... when you go to your testing site, there's going to be hundreds of people, for each class, probably like 30, the proctor just wants to get things going usually and not trouble people too much. if your ID is like 10 days expired, I doubt they will give you that big of a problem. that doesn't mean that they wont though so you might as well just get a new one tommorow.. you're going to need it anyways right?

also, u should probably report your passport missing/lost... thats a MUCH bigger deal than having an expired license or not being admitted to an LSAT testing on monday hahaha.

amb8819

Postby amb8819 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:13 pm

I do not know about your state but in the state of florida you can get a state ID at the dmv in less than an hour. Sometimes they require appointments on weekends. Check the department of transportation website for your state.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”