Monday Test Jitters

CPM723

Monday Test Jitters

Postby CPM723 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:09 pm

I recently started a thread about my downward trend in PT's, and listened to the advice to take a break and come back to it today and take PT 51. However, my scored dropped further from consistent 160s to a 156 primarily due to one LR section on the test. Has anyone else had problems with the LR sections on this prep test? Any insight would make me feel better about dominating the test on Monday! Thanks!

lakers3peat

Re: Monday Test Jitters

Postby lakers3peat » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:14 pm

yes it was the hardest PT ever. complete outlier. u will be fine. review ur mistakes & move on with ur life soldier

CPM723

Postby CPM723 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:22 pm

lakers3peat wrote:yes it was the hardest PT ever. complete outlier. u will be fine. review ur mistakes & move on with ur life soldier

That is good to know, because the 4th section was terrible. The clown game was a pain too. Thanks for the info!

citykitty

Postby citykitty » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:56 pm

lakers3peat wrote:yes it was the hardest PT ever. complete outlier. u will be fine. review ur mistakes & move on with ur life soldier

Really? I got a 174 on this one. I thought it was a little easier than most. I've only done 3 higher than that. Plenty of 172s and a 171 however.

lakers3peat

Postby lakers3peat » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:02 pm

citykitty wrote:

Really? I got a 174 on this one. I thought it was a little easier than most. I've only done 3 higher than that. Plenty of 172s and a 171 however.

No I didn't think it was particularly hard. I was kind of just trying to get OP's confidence back up. Sometimes the test just clicks perfectly and other times not so much. U gotta just hope that test day is one of the days it's clicking and all the inferences are jumping off the page at you...

citykitty

Postby citykitty » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:04 pm

lakers3peat wrote:
citykitty wrote:

No I didn't think it was particularly hard. I was kind of just trying to get OP's confidence back up. Sometimes the test just clicks perfectly and other times not so much. U gotta just hope that test day is one of the days it's clicking and all the inferences are jumping off the page at you...

This. I've been doing between 171 and 178. I obviously want the higher end of my PTs. Some tests click and some don't. And, that's what I've realized throughout my prep. I'm not going to do horribly. Even if I choke (for me), I probably won't do worse that high 160s, but I want better than a 175 to open up some doors for me. All I can do is chill out, try not to freak, and hope for the best.

AntipodeanPhil

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:02 pm

I did PT 51 today also. I didn't think the LR sections were especially hard, but I thought the RC section was awful (I got my worst RC ever, -5, and RC is usually my strong suit). For some reason, the third passage confused the **** out of me, and I then ran out of time for the fourth passage. I got my worst score in 10 days.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:15 pm

PT51 was one of my lower scores (-4 from my PT average).

lakers3peat

Postby lakers3peat » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:53 pm

AntipodeanPhil wrote:I did PT 51 today also. I didn't think the LR sections were especially hard, but I thought the RC section was awful (I got my worst RC ever, -5, and RC is usually my strong suit). For some reason, the third passage confused the **** out of me, and I then ran out of time for the fourth passage. I got my worst score in 10 days.

See this is where I think the LSAT comes down to luck sometimes.. I normally am not very good at ALL on RC but on this particular exam, I got lucky because I had taken a class in international media when I was in colllege. 1st passage, not too bad, pretty straight forward. The second one, was a little confusing but I got a good understanding of the theory described. The 3rd passage, having taken a class in international media where we basically discussed the EXACT theory that 3 is about, gave me a perfect understanding of the passage and then the 4th passage was pretty interesting so it wasn't bad either.

the point: sometimes you get lucky and the passages are about something you already know about/easier to comprehend for yourself personally. I majored in econ/international relations, whenever I get an IR or econ based passage, I'm naturally better able to comprehend whats going on.

CPM723

Postby CPM723 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:17 am

So PT 51 is harder than some of the other PTs? I have not had a problem with any other pts except for 51 and 52. This worries me with the test on Monday. Should I be concerned, or be confident that I will do fine. I feel confident because there was only one section that really got me, and my other sections were at about my normal score. If anyone had any advice that would make me feel better that would be great.

pkrtbx

Postby pkrtbx » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:37 pm

CPM723 wrote:So PT 51 is harder than some of the other PTs? I have not had a problem with any other pts except for 51 and 52. This worries me with the test on Monday. Should I be concerned, or be confident that I will do fine. I feel confident because there was only one section that really got me, and my other sections were at about my normal score. If anyone had any advice that would make me feel better that would be great.

At this point, being confident can only help and being concerned can only hurt. Unless you are SERIOUSLY thinking about postponing until June, be as confident as possible in the prep that you have done and go into the test with a fresh mind. Easier said than done (for me, LG is the issue) but it's really the only option.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”