logic games prep before June lsat? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lakers3peat

Bronze

logic games prep before June lsat?

Post by lakers3peat » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:37 pm

i've done lots of practicing on games through individual PTs but in this last week I've basically been focusing on LR questions I've gotten wrong in the past, and drilling on some RC passages...

what do you fellow posters think about one final prep for games, today tommorow or saturday with 5 games sections like it was an actual LSAT. 3 sections, break then the 2 more games sections. I know it sounds kind of crazy but I dont want to go into monday and just freeze on logic games cause I havent done any in the last few days.

SanDiegoJake

Bronze

Re: logic games prep before June lsat?

Post by SanDiegoJake » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:04 pm

Couldn't hurt. Might help. I'd say go for it.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:51 pm

Do it!

Just make sure it is a good variety mix of games old and new that you haven't done/reviewed recently. Stick to strict time limits, phone, PC & TV off limits, etc.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:53 pm

How have you been doing on accuracy/time to this point?

I'd say if you're worried primarily about speed, you have nothing to lose. Be careful, though, if you've had issues with accuracy.

lakers3peat

Bronze

Post by lakers3peat » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:21 pm

i'm usually dead on with accuracy. in rare occasions, I might miss 1 question on a game because I don't usually double check my work so that I can complete all 4. i find that when I get overly nervous and double check questions that I'm pretty confident are right I can only make it through games 1 2 3 and then 2/3rds of game 4, so I miss out on 2 questions in the 4th game... it really just depends on the section though.. for example, I just did PT 53 yesterday and finished just before the "5 minutes" remaining call on my lsat proctor... the two times before it, 54 and 56, I got to the last game with 12 minutes remaining... so sometimes I'm spot on and othertimes I'm a little slower. for december 2010, when i took it, I was able to do 1, 4, 2, then 3/4s of game 3.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lakers3peat

Bronze

Post by lakers3peat » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:24 pm

i also find games to be the only enjoyable section of the LSAT. i mean i would prefer a beer and a ball game, but comparatively speaking, more fun then doing RC passages lol.

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:41 pm

lakers3peat wrote:i also find games to be the only enjoyable section of the LSAT. i mean i would prefer a beer and a ball game, but comparatively speaking, more fun then doing RC passages lol.
I'm with you on this one. I'll curl up in bed with a couple logic games before I fall asleep.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:36 pm

lakers3peat wrote:i also find games to be the only enjoyable section of the LSAT. i mean i would prefer a beer and a ball game, but comparatively speaking, more fun then doing RC passages lol.
It would have been nice if the Lakers made it to the next round.

lakers3peat

Bronze

Post by lakers3peat » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:33 pm

it's alright. if they did I'd be too busy watching finals games right now then studying for the LSAT. ...

thats the only way I've been able to justify being swept in my mind ;)

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:39 pm

lakers3peat wrote:it's alright. if they did I'd be too busy watching finals games right now then studying for the LSAT. ...

thats the only way I've been able to justify being swept in my mind ;)
Yeah, the sweep sucked. It's the end of an era. It would have been pure awesome if Jackson had put the final jewel on all of it before retiring, that would have been a 180 for sure.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”