Best testing center around Los Angeles? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
notaznguy

Bronze

Best testing center around Los Angeles?

Post by notaznguy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:31 am

For those of you who attend a university or live around Los Angeles (not L.A. Greater Area, but I mean city of Los Angeles), which is the best site to take the LSAT in October?

Many of my friends told me to avoid UCLA because they use small desks. See thread below.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=156798

Many people have also recommended taking the exam at Southwestern Law School because they use long desks. Can anyone vouch for this?

Jeffort

Gold

Re: Best testing center around Los Angeles?

Post by Jeffort » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:46 am

notaznguy wrote:For those of you who attend a university or live around Los Angeles (not L.A. Greater Area, but I mean city of Los Angeles), which is the best site to take the LSAT in October?

Many of my friends told me to avoid UCLA because they use small desks. See thread below.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=156798

Many people have also recommended taking the exam at Southwestern Law School because they use long desks. Can anyone vouch for this?
Yes, it's true. Choose Southwestern for test day.

notaznguy

Bronze

Post by notaznguy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:01 pm

If I sign up at Southwestern, do you know if they'll tell me the exact room number and building? I would like to go preview the actual site and room location like a week before exam date so I at least know where I'm going and where I'm parking.

miracle2011

Bronze

Post by miracle2011 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:02 pm

Go to USC, the tables are really big and you have a lot of space.

jtemp320

Bronze

Post by jtemp320 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:06 pm

miracle2011 wrote:Go to USC, the tables are really big and you have a lot of space.
+1 took it at USC twice and thought it was pretty good

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

snichols16

Bronze

Post by snichols16 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:15 pm

I took it at the West LA University School of Law by LAX. Huge rooms with shared tables. The check in process was extremely slow and the proctor I had forgot to give us a five minute warning (I had a watch, so I didn't care, but a lot of people were pissed). But I liked how big the tables were.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:36 pm

jtemp320 wrote:
miracle2011 wrote:Go to USC, the tables are really big and you have a lot of space.
AWESOME I am signed up at USC right now! Something good to look forward to I guess :mrgreen:

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:48 pm

Rule of thumb for anywhere in the country is, if given the option, pick a test center where you will be in a law school classroom. All law school classrooms have big desks with plenty of space to spread stuff around on. The reason that is universally true will become crystal clear on the first day of 1L classes.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:51 pm

These are the Blueprint recommended test centers from our office staff's personal experience and comments from our students:

Southwestern Law School
UWLA
Rio Hondo College
(USC) - Depends on the building assigned to test-taker
UWLA - San Fernando Campus

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

notaznguy

Bronze

Post by notaznguy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:26 pm

jtemp320 wrote:
Do you know what building USC will host its LSAT exam? I'm quite familiar with the campus and I know my way around, so it'd be great if I could know ahead of time to personally check it out.

I know at UCLA, for instance, they host the exam in the Humanities building (that's the name of it), and every single one of those desks are tiny. Absolutely horrible

lakers3peat

Bronze

Post by lakers3peat » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:32 pm

depending on when you take it at USC, I've heard, from rumors, that you can hear the band practicing. Obviously thats only for a saturday exam. Also, monday at 12:30 pm in downtown LA, you should expect traffic. I'm taking it at UWLA-san fernando. It's small, free parking, low density area.

notaznguy

Bronze

Post by notaznguy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:34 pm

lakers3peat wrote:depending on when you take it at USC, I've heard, from rumors, that you can hear the band practicing. Obviously thats only for a saturday exam. Also, monday at 12:30 pm in downtown LA, you should expect traffic. I'm taking it at UWLA-san fernando. It's small, free parking, low density area.
Holy crap. I forgot about college football. Actually, I don't think I will be taking the exam at USC afterall. Apparently the Trojans have a home game on October 1st, the day of the LSAT exam. I've been to USC before for a football game and parking and traiffc is horrible.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:09 pm

notaznguy wrote:
lakers3peat wrote:depending on when you take it at USC, I've heard, from rumors, that you can hear the band practicing. Obviously thats only for a saturday exam. Also, monday at 12:30 pm in downtown LA, you should expect traffic. I'm taking it at UWLA-san fernando. It's small, free parking, low density area.
Holy crap. I forgot about college football. Actually, I don't think I will be taking the exam at USC afterall. Apparently the Trojans have a home game on October 1st, the day of the LSAT exam. I've been to USC before for a football game and parking and traiffc is horrible.
Yeah, you don't want to fight with USC home game crowd issues on test day. The entire campus and Coliseum area will be packed solid.

Even though I'm a USC grad, I must officially say DO NOT select USC as your test site for the October LSAT!!!!!!

If you do you will regret it unless you really aren't ready for the test that day, chicken out last minute and instead decide to have fun at the pre-game events on campus. You'll be able to find plenty of places to get a beer and a dog and all sorts of other fun stuff once you manage to get on the campus.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”