Best testing center around Los Angeles?

notaznguy
Posts: 318
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:48 am

Best testing center around Los Angeles?

Postby notaznguy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:31 am

For those of you who attend a university or live around Los Angeles (not L.A. Greater Area, but I mean city of Los Angeles), which is the best site to take the LSAT in October?

Many of my friends told me to avoid UCLA because they use small desks. See thread below.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=156798

Many people have also recommended taking the exam at Southwestern Law School because they use long desks. Can anyone vouch for this?

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Best testing center around Los Angeles?

Postby Jeffort » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:46 am

notaznguy wrote:For those of you who attend a university or live around Los Angeles (not L.A. Greater Area, but I mean city of Los Angeles), which is the best site to take the LSAT in October?

Many of my friends told me to avoid UCLA because they use small desks. See thread below.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=156798

Many people have also recommended taking the exam at Southwestern Law School because they use long desks. Can anyone vouch for this?


Yes, it's true. Choose Southwestern for test day.

notaznguy
Posts: 318
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Best testing center around Los Angeles?

Postby notaznguy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:01 pm

If I sign up at Southwestern, do you know if they'll tell me the exact room number and building? I would like to go preview the actual site and room location like a week before exam date so I at least know where I'm going and where I'm parking.

miracle2011
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:51 pm

Re: Best testing center around Los Angeles?

Postby miracle2011 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:02 pm

Go to USC, the tables are really big and you have a lot of space.

User avatar
jtemp320
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Best testing center around Los Angeles?

Postby jtemp320 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:06 pm

miracle2011 wrote:Go to USC, the tables are really big and you have a lot of space.


+1 took it at USC twice and thought it was pretty good

snichols16
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:33 pm

Re: Best testing center around Los Angeles?

Postby snichols16 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:15 pm

I took it at the West LA University School of Law by LAX. Huge rooms with shared tables. The check in process was extremely slow and the proctor I had forgot to give us a five minute warning (I had a watch, so I didn't care, but a lot of people were pissed). But I liked how big the tables were.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Best testing center around Los Angeles?

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:36 pm

jtemp320 wrote:
miracle2011 wrote:Go to USC, the tables are really big and you have a lot of space.


+1 took it at USC twice and thought it was pretty good

AWESOME I am signed up at USC right now! Something good to look forward to I guess :mrgreen:

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Best testing center around Los Angeles?

Postby Jeffort » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:48 pm

Rule of thumb for anywhere in the country is, if given the option, pick a test center where you will be in a law school classroom. All law school classrooms have big desks with plenty of space to spread stuff around on. The reason that is universally true will become crystal clear on the first day of 1L classes.

bp shinners
Posts: 3091
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:05 pm

Re: Best testing center around Los Angeles?

Postby bp shinners » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:51 pm

These are the Blueprint recommended test centers from our office staff's personal experience and comments from our students:

Southwestern Law School
UWLA
Rio Hondo College
(USC) - Depends on the building assigned to test-taker
UWLA - San Fernando Campus

notaznguy
Posts: 318
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Best testing center around Los Angeles?

Postby notaznguy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:26 pm

jtemp320 wrote:
miracle2011 wrote:Go to USC, the tables are really big and you have a lot of space.


+1 took it at USC twice and thought it was pretty good


Do you know what building USC will host its LSAT exam? I'm quite familiar with the campus and I know my way around, so it'd be great if I could know ahead of time to personally check it out.

I know at UCLA, for instance, they host the exam in the Humanities building (that's the name of it), and every single one of those desks are tiny. Absolutely horrible

User avatar
lakers3peat
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Re: Best testing center around Los Angeles?

Postby lakers3peat » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:32 pm

depending on when you take it at USC, I've heard, from rumors, that you can hear the band practicing. Obviously thats only for a saturday exam. Also, monday at 12:30 pm in downtown LA, you should expect traffic. I'm taking it at UWLA-san fernando. It's small, free parking, low density area.

notaznguy
Posts: 318
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Best testing center around Los Angeles?

Postby notaznguy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:34 pm

lakers3peat wrote:depending on when you take it at USC, I've heard, from rumors, that you can hear the band practicing. Obviously thats only for a saturday exam. Also, monday at 12:30 pm in downtown LA, you should expect traffic. I'm taking it at UWLA-san fernando. It's small, free parking, low density area.


Holy crap. I forgot about college football. Actually, I don't think I will be taking the exam at USC afterall. Apparently the Trojans have a home game on October 1st, the day of the LSAT exam. I've been to USC before for a football game and parking and traiffc is horrible.

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Best testing center around Los Angeles?

Postby Jeffort » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:09 pm

notaznguy wrote:
lakers3peat wrote:depending on when you take it at USC, I've heard, from rumors, that you can hear the band practicing. Obviously thats only for a saturday exam. Also, monday at 12:30 pm in downtown LA, you should expect traffic. I'm taking it at UWLA-san fernando. It's small, free parking, low density area.


Holy crap. I forgot about college football. Actually, I don't think I will be taking the exam at USC afterall. Apparently the Trojans have a home game on October 1st, the day of the LSAT exam. I've been to USC before for a football game and parking and traiffc is horrible.


Yeah, you don't want to fight with USC home game crowd issues on test day. The entire campus and Coliseum area will be packed solid.

Even though I'm a USC grad, I must officially say DO NOT select USC as your test site for the October LSAT!!!!!!

If you do you will regret it unless you really aren't ready for the test that day, chicken out last minute and instead decide to have fun at the pre-game events on campus. You'll be able to find plenty of places to get a beer and a dog and all sorts of other fun stuff once you manage to get on the campus.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: freekick, iluvlawschool, potatocowpower and 12 guests