Is it better to take an earlier prepcourse?

notaznguy

Is it better to take an earlier prepcourse?

Postby notaznguy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:23 am

So I was going to sign up with Testmasters and there are 2 locations near where I live. First, there is one in Claremont, CA and one in Fullerton, CA. The Claremont one is 7 miles from my house and is about a 20 minute drive if you drive local. The thing is, classes don't start until mid July, like around July 18. As a result, the final lesson is 3 days before the actual October 1st LSAT.

The Fullerton location is 14 miles away and it requires a similar distance drive in regards to time since I will be taking the freeway. Furthermore, the class starts in early July, one week before the Claremont one would. However, all lessons are "finished" by the end of August. This means I'd actually have a whole month of September to kinda just do prep tests.

Should I just drive the extra distance and take the Fullerton one since it's earlier and gives me more time to learn since all lesson plans are finished by August? See links for the calendars.

Fullerton
http://www.testmasters.net/lsat/Course/LSAT-Prep-Fullerton-California-Early-Summer-MW-2011.aspx

Claremont
http://www.testmasters.net/lsat/Course/LSAT-Prep-Claremont-California-Summer-MW-2011.aspx

lakers3peat

Re: Is it better to take an earlier prepcourse?

Postby lakers3peat » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:56 am

yeah do the earlier one. you might find that what testmaster's teaches you, while useful, still might not put you at the spot you want to be testing at.

flexityflex86

Postby flexityflex86 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:59 am

Depends on if you'd be spending September doing prep tests. If you just sit on your butt, that's worse, but finishing before hand is ideal. However, you could finish a day before and be fine - it all depends on how quickly you improve.

notaznguy

Postby notaznguy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:15 am

flexityflex86 wrote:Depends on if you'd be spending September doing prep tests. If you just sit on your butt, that's worse, but finishing before hand is ideal. However, you could finish a day before and be fine - it all depends on how quickly you improve.

Yeah I will be spending my September doing preptests and going over my weaknesses. I will not be working, taking university classes, and I won't be hanging out with any friends since many of my friends are on the semester system and would have started school by then.

rhcp47

Postby rhcp47 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:19 am

If I could, I would take the earlier class. I have to take the one in Claremont because it's the only class that fits in my schedule, but it will be a pain come September when school starts back up.

glewz

Postby glewz » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:49 am

Earlier class so you can spend a longer amount of time doing individual prep tests.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:55 pm

Earlier, if you can keep yourself disciplined over those last few weeks. If you'll do better with a class up until test day to keep you studying, then that's a factor in favor of the later one. It's the only factor I can think of, though, right now.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”