I hate LSAC... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Re: I hate LSAC...

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:17 pm

Ginj wrote:My proctor COULD NOT get over the fact that the person assigned to #18 was absent. She was confused about the 17 to 19 jump every. single. time.
LOL. You must have been on the far side of the room - away from the door. In fact, if - as your profile suggests - you're female and have red hair, I remember you (creepy, I know). I found that lady amusing, but I could see why you might not.

The male proctor seemed nice, at first, but when he harassed me during the RC section to put my ziplock bag "fully under my chair" I changed my mind. It wouldn't surprise me if that cost me a point (not that I'll have any way of finding out).

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:25 pm

That was me, indeed.

He and I are cool. We had a chat about Arkansas during check-in. Naturally, we've become besties.

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:38 pm

Ginj wrote:That was me, indeed.

He and I are cool. We had a chat about Arkansas during check-in. Naturally, we've become besties.
Two observations: (1) you're hot. I hope that's not offensive. You're probably smart also, but that's not something I could see; (2) it's really weird that three of us from TLS were all in the same center. By my guess, there were only about 40-50 people there. I can't believe the ratio of TLS regulars to general LSAT taking population is anything close to 3/40.

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:43 pm

AntipodeanPhil wrote:

Two observations: (1) you're hot. I hope that's not offensive. You're probably smart also, but that's not something I could see; (2) it's really weird that three of us from TLS were all in the same center. By my guess, there were only about 40-50 people there. I can't believe the ratio of TLS regulars to general LSAT taking population is anything close to 3/40.
1.) Thanks. I'm not offended.

2.) I was trying to pick TLS people out the entire time. I brought it up randomly during the break to see if someone might bite and ideally respond with, "I'm totally on there! Let's be friends!" Didn't happen. I just sounded lame. Forum-stalker lame.

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:52 pm

Ginj wrote:1.) Thanks. I'm not offended.
Phew! I got a bit anxious after writing that. I will say no more.
Ginj wrote:2.) I was trying to pick TLS people out the entire time. I brought it up randomly during the break to see if someone might bite and ideally respond with, "I'm totally on there! Let's be friends!" Didn't happen. I just sounded lame. Forum-stalker lame.
LOL. Most of the people there didn't look as if they were TLS regulars, imho. I especially liked the guy who showed up with only his ID and a mechanical pencil. The mean proctor wasn't very happy about that.

I have no idea who scrabble champ was. You probably didn't spot me because I'm boring looking. The only thing unusual about me was my shorts, which were abnormally long and made of grey linen. I stand out when I open my mouth, but I try not to do that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:18 pm

AntipodeanPhil wrote:
Ginj wrote:1.) Thanks. I'm not offended.
Phew! I got a bit anxious after writing that. I will say no more.
Ginj wrote:2.) I was trying to pick TLS people out the entire time. I brought it up randomly during the break to see if someone might bite and ideally respond with, "I'm totally on there! Let's be friends!" Didn't happen. I just sounded lame. Forum-stalker lame.
LOL. Most of the people there didn't look as if they were TLS regulars, imho. I especially liked the guy who showed up with only his ID and a mechanical pencil. The mean proctor wasn't very happy about that.

I have no idea who scrabble champ was. You probably didn't spot me because I'm boring looking. The only thing unusual about me was my shorts, which were abnormally long and made of grey linen. I stand out when I open my mouth, but I try not to do that.
I agree. Most people seemed to be of the...Greek...variety. Is it just me that every other person was wearing a sorority or fraternity shirt? I imagine that most TLSers are not Greek. Most.

Scrabblechamp, as we have discussed privately, was wearing a Georgetown t-shirt. I noticed him because of the shirt after the fact. I do not, however, remember grey linen, which is unfortunate.

For the record, I would have singled you both out for TLS-level nerding, instead of just blindly feeling for allies.

citykitty

Bronze

Post by citykitty » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:28 pm

AntipodeanPhil wrote:

Testing centers like mine probably help to average out the numbers. I think I was the only TLS regular there. It was full of dumb. Some 45-ish year olds complaining about how so much weight was put on the test, and why should a test matter when it's so much easier to get good grades. There was the girl who wanted the proctor to tell her when the experimental section was. There were all sorts of people at the break just muttering all sorts of stupid things. I just kept my head down, ate my trail mix, and drank my gatorade.

tanzie

New

Post by tanzie » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:38 pm

gggrra wrote:you can't spell ballsack without lsac....
This made my day! :) I agree though, the whole centralized app system is pretty convenient, and while all the silly regulations pertaining to LSAT particulars are kind of irritating, I understand why they're there. I just wish they would let people bring their bags/cell phones and "check" them at testing centers before signing in to the test. They could even profit on this! A girl can dream...

mac35352

Bronze

Post by mac35352 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:00 am

gggrra wrote:you can't spell ballsack without lsac...

but seriously I have nothing against them, and it seems nice to have a centralized place for all your apps.
LOL...I'm stealing this quote!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Neidermeyer519

Bronze

Post by Neidermeyer519 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:25 am

Greek TLSer here, and I was laughing my ass off when I watched other Greeks roll in wearing their letters and flipping out when they saw other Greeks. "Oh my God, you're here?!? That is so cool! Were gonna be sister lawyers some day!"

I decided to not go with letters, instead rolling up with my Harley and biker looking outfit. I wanted people thinking "what the hell is this guy doing here?" when in reality I will likely score higher than most people there. lol.

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:47 am

AntipodeanPhil wrote: I stand out when I open my mouth, but I try not to do that.
Wait, wait, wait, wait... were you the guy with the accent?

ScrabbleChamp

Silver

Post by ScrabbleChamp » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:58 am

Ginj wrote:
AntipodeanPhil wrote: I stand out when I open my mouth, but I try not to do that.
I remember the dude with the accent and the portholes... Though, I have a feeling that AntipodeanPhil was more speaking about the things he says that make him stand out, not so much the sound they make... I'm definitely guilty of that (saying things that ought not be said aloud in public, that is). I definitely should have made a "Testing at USF" thread prior to the exam so those of us TLSers could have gone to a bar afterword. Although, I'd guess I'd be one of about 2 people in the room old enough to even go to a bar... our center was so... young. I swear most of the kids in there looked like they had just graduated... high school.

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:07 am

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
Ginj wrote:
I remember the dude with the accent and the portholes... Though, I have a feeling that AntipodeanPhil was more speaking about the things he says that make him stand out, not so much the sound they make.
Meh. I tried. There are few things I remember from that day besides sweat, neck cramps, and sea floors.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ScrabbleChamp

Silver

Post by ScrabbleChamp » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:37 am

Ginj wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:
Ginj wrote:
I remember the dude with the accent and the portholes... Though, I have a feeling that AntipodeanPhil was more speaking about the things he says that make him stand out, not so much the sound they make.
Meh. I tried. There are few things I remember from that day besides sweat, neck cramps, and sea floors.
There are few things I remember, too. I am usually very observant... I don't know how I missed a hot red head, especially as I was looking over at your side of the room quite a bit. Such is life. How/why did you go from CO to FL?

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:46 am

Ha. Will PM.

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:31 am

Ginj wrote:
I do have an accent. I didn't realize I'd opened my mouth much. Most Americans assume I'm English, if that's any help.

I remember the guy with the Georgetown shirt. I believe he / ScrabbleChamp arrived later than most, and I remember thinking 'Georgetown - that's weird in Central Florida. Perhaps he wants to go there' (I don't know if my internal monologue gets quotation marks). Definitely looked like a TLSer.

Yeah, most of the people there seemed young. I was especially amused by the girl who brought her BF along to wait with her. There were a few oldies though. I'm 30, the guy next to me while waiting was 40 (I read his ticket), and there was a lady who looked to be in her 40s or older.

ScrabbleChamp

Silver

Post by ScrabbleChamp » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:45 am

AntipodeanPhil wrote:
Ginj wrote:
I do have an accent. I didn't realize I'd opened my mouth much. Most Americans assume I'm English, if that's any help.

I remember the guy with the Georgetown shirt. I believe he / ScrabbleChamp arrived later than most, and I remember thinking 'Georgetown - that's weird in Central Florida. Perhaps he wants to go there' (I don't know if my internal monologue gets quotation marks). Definitely looked like a TLSer.

Yeah, most of the people there seemed young. I was especially amused by the girl who brought her BF along to wait with her. There were a few oldies though. I'm 30, the guy next to me while waiting was 40 (I read his ticket), and there was a lady who looked to be in her 40s or older.
Yes, I arrived later than most, mostly because I didn't want to have to wait inside the room for an hour waiting for the exam to begin, especially knowing how uncomfortable those chairs are. The Georgetown t-shirt was worn because it is the most comfortable t-shirt I have.

The girl with the boyfriend was funny. I liked how he offered to hold the cell phones for all the people that brought theirs... he made out pretty well... I think he was holding an iPhone and two others for test takers.

If I'm not mistaken, AntipodeanPhil, I was right behind you in line while seats were being assigned. Either that, or another guy that has an English-sounding accent, with portholes, was at the exam, as well. If not English, South African?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:01 am

ScrabbleChamp wrote:The girl with the boyfriend was funny. I liked how he offered to hold the cell phones for all the people that brought theirs... he made out pretty well... I think he was holding an iPhone and two others for test takers.
LOL. I didn't notice that.
ScrabbleChamp wrote:If I'm not mistaken, AntipodeanPhil, I was right behind you in line while seats were being assigned. Either that, or another guy that has an English-sounding accent, with portholes, was at the exam, as well. If not English, South African?
Quite possibly - I wasn't paying attention to the boss lady and got confused at that point. Not South African, although that's a very good guess, since I think my accent sounds more South African than anything else.

I'm leaving on a three week trip to Europe today (should be a good way to avoid score anxiety). I hope to check in with you guys afterwards to see how it all went, and whether any of us will be back in October.

ScrabbleChamp

Silver

Post by ScrabbleChamp » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:30 am

AntipodeanPhil wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:The girl with the boyfriend was funny. I liked how he offered to hold the cell phones for all the people that brought theirs... he made out pretty well... I think he was holding an iPhone and two others for test takers.
ScrabbleChamp wrote:If I'm not mistaken, AntipodeanPhil, I was right behind you in line while seats were being assigned. Either that, or another guy that has an English-sounding accent, with portholes, was at the exam, as well. If not English, South African?
Quite possibly - I wasn't paying attention to the boss lady and got confused at that point. Not South African, although that's a very good guess, since I think my accent sounds more South African than anything else.

I'm leaving on a three week trip to Europe today (should be a good way to avoid score anxiety). I hope to check in with you guys afterwards to see how it all went, and whether any of us will be back in October.
You were wearing a dark shirt, jeans possibly, and portholes, correct? About 5'10" to 6'0", 150-160lbs, dark hair? You definitely sounded more SA than English. If not SA, NZ would be my next guess. If not NZ, I'm spent.

I thought it was bad when the head lady got seat 51 and 58 (?) confused and the one guy already in his seat had to get up and move, presumably, near Red.

Time Mage

New

Post by Time Mage » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:16 pm

After the test starts no one wants to talk anymore. Well it seemed like that to me.

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:14 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
AntipodeanPhil wrote:

You were wearing a dark shirt, jeans possibly, and portholes, correct? About 5'10" to 6'0", 150-160lbs, dark hair? You definitely sounded more SA than English. If not SA, NZ would be my next guess. If not NZ, I'm spent.

I thought it was bad when the head lady got seat 51 and 58 (?) confused and the one guy already in his seat had to get up and move, presumably, near Red.
SWEET. A nickname.

Yes, he was forced to move behind me. Near the guy who didn't know his own social security number.

Also, HA. Called it. Knew it was him. I heard Antipodean pipe up after he was given his seating assignment. Naturally, I heard his accent and wanted to befriend him, as all Americans probably do.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ScrabbleChamp

Silver

Post by ScrabbleChamp » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Ginj wrote: SWEET. A nickname.

Yes, he was forced to move behind me. Near the guy who didn't know his own social security number.

Also, HA. Called it. Knew it was him. I heard Antipodean pipe up after he was given his seating assignment. Naturally, I heard his accent and wanted to befriend him, as all Americans probably do.
WTF??? I don't get it... I totally looked over and saw that guy in his new seat (the one that had to move), and I never saw a redhead, nor a redheaded beauty. I'm so ashamed. The guy that got moved looked so lost, not just physically, but mentally.

FantasticMrFox

Silver

Post by FantasticMrFox » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:08 pm

My school's one of the proctored sites so I am content (scheduling wise, it's the better option to take the test during school year instead of June because our school ends so late and I'd rather not have to worry about LSAT during finals)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”