Separating by type?

CoriOlivia

Separating by type?

Postby CoriOlivia » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:32 am

I'm taking PTs up to around #40 apart and organizing the questions by type. I already got LG separated and have each game loaded into my calendar for a specific day. I'm hoping this will help keep me on track...

Anyway, I was going to start copying/separating out the LR question types the way they're listed in pithypike's method - Flaw, strengthen/weaken, nec. & suff. assumptions, etc. I just don't know the best way to do this. I am considering buying them already separated by Cambridge but I hate to pay $70 when I already have all of the PTs. (well, most of them)

Is there a good list somewhere that will give me test/question numbers for all of the specific types? I can only find lists for LG.

JamMasterJ

Re: Separating by type?

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:57 am

Same here, tmon, might know

CoriOlivia

Postby CoriOlivia » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:00 pm

I think I may just do whole LR sections and then after a week or so, see what type of question I'm missing the most. If I seem to be missing a lot of a particular type, I may go for the Cambridge section of that particular type. I don't have a huge LR problem so hopefully just getting through LRB and working the old PT LR sections will be enough. Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't know if I really have it in me to cut up 80 LR sections' questions by type. :lol:

tmon

Postby tmon » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:06 pm

Ask and ye shall receive :)

There's this: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=108425&hilit=logic+games+sorted+by+type

The list goes from PT 7-59 I think.

The inconvenience of going through the tests for LR is pretty massive though to be honest. It's much more do-able with RC and LG because there's only 4 per test. I just printed all my Cambridge LR questions and the paper was enough to give me a backache after putting it in a backpack and wearing it for just 10 minutes or so. It's a lot. Or I'm a wimp...probably the latter.

CoriOlivia

Postby CoriOlivia » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:12 pm

tmon wrote:Ask and ye shall receive :)

There's this: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... ed+by+type

The list goes from PT 7-59 I think.

The inconvenience of going through the tests for LR is pretty massive though to be honest. It's much more do-able with RC and LG because there's only 4 per test. I just printed all my Cambridge LR questions and the paper was enough to give me a backache after putting it in a backpack and wearing it for just 10 minutes or so. It's a lot. Or I'm a wimp...probably the latter.

Thanks for the link! I think I will use that list more as a reference tool while I go through the LR sections. I can't imagine how long it would take to separate all of the questions out based on that list so I'm just not doing it. :lol:

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:21 pm

There is also the free web tool I built:

--LinkRemoved--

It only covers PT#'s 19-45 at the moment though, but I built it to be easy and fast to use.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”