PT 42 LG Q19

xjykybl

PT 42 LG Q19

Postby xjykybl » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:32 am

I am very confused by this Q19.
The question says: "which one of the following could be an accurate and complete list of the students who review only Sunset?"

I chose C, and the correct answer is A.
The way I understand the questions is to look for a list of or a collection of students that could be the person who reviews only Sunset, which is an "accurate and complete" list of the students who could review only Sunset in all permutations. Students in the list don't necessarily review Sunset together. In that case, C would be right, because either L or J could be the person who reviews only Sunset in two different settings.

If the question should be understood in the way that the "accurate and complete list of the students who review only Sunset in one possible permutation", then A is definitely right.
But, if the questions is understood as looking for the "accurate and complete list of the students who could review only Sunset in all possible permutations", the C should be right.

If I remember it right, most questions in LG asking for "an accurate and complete list of the students" ask for the list encompasses all permutations.

How do you guys understand this one?
Thanks a lot

Sh@keNb@ke

Re: PT 42 LG Q19

Postby Sh@keNb@ke » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:45 pm

1. Which one of the following could be an accurate and complete list of the students who review only Sunset? (REFERS TO ONE HYPOTHETICAL)

→COULD BE = 1 POSSIBILITY

2. Which one of the following is an accurate and complete list of the students who could review only Sunset? (REFERS TO MULTIPLE SCENARIOS)

The difference is so subtle. I usually look for the words "could be." If they appear before the words "complete and accurate," as in the 1st example, then you're to limit yourself to a single hypothetical.

xjykybl

Postby xjykybl » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:33 pm

Sh@keNb@ke wrote:1. Which one of the following could be an accurate and complete list of the students who review only Sunset? (REFERS TO ONE HYPOTHETICAL)

2. Which one of the following is an accurate and complete list of the students who could review only Sunset? (REFERS TO MULTIPLE SCENARIOS)

The difference is so subtle. I usually look for the words "could be." If they appear before the words "complete and accurate," as in the 1st example, then you're to limit yourself to a single hypothetical.

Thanks a lot.
I finally cleared up the confusion about this one.

MConchis

Postby MConchis » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:02 pm

Sh@keNb@ke wrote:1. Which one of the following could be an accurate and complete list of the students who review only Sunset? (REFERS TO ONE HYPOTHETICAL)

Wow. Thanks for clearing this up. Exceptionally poor use of language by the testmakers.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”