Advice on remaining PT order

pkrtbx

Advice on remaining PT order

Postby pkrtbx » Tue May 31, 2011 2:50 pm

I have been on the PT-a-day program for the last 3 weeks or so and it has given me some good results. I am planning to continue a PT a day with my last one on Saturday (although I'm pretty sure I won't be able to not study on Sunday, I'll probably just do some untimed sections/games to wind down). I have the following PTs left:

51, 52, 55, 56, 57, 59, 60, 61 (I took 62 at a Kaplan event).

Until now I have just been going in chronological order, but since the most recent PTs seem, from what I read, to be so different from earlier tests, I don't want to put off being exposed to them until the very last minute when it is too late to get used to them. Should I go reverse chronological from here on out? I was thinking of maybe "working towards the middle" by doing 61-55-60-56-59-57 and using 51 and 52 for Experimentals and section practice. Any advice on one way or another?

JamMasterJ

Re: Advice on remaining PT order

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue May 31, 2011 2:53 pm

pkrtbx wrote:I have been on the PT-a-day program for the last 3 weeks or so and it has given me some good results. I am planning to continue a PT a day with my last one on Saturday (although I'm pretty sure I won't be able to not study on Sunday, I'll probably just do some untimed sections/games to wind down). I have the following PTs left:

51, 52, 55, 56, 57, 59, 60, 61 (I took 62 at a Kaplan event).

Until now I have just been going in chronological order, but since the most recent PTs seem, from what I read, to be so different from earlier tests, I don't want to put off being exposed to them until the very last minute when it is too late to get used to them. Should I go reverse chronological from here on out? I was thinking of maybe "working towards the middle" by doing 61-55-60-56-59-57 and using 51 and 52 for Experimentals and section practice. Any advice on one way or another?

Anything after 50 is recent enough to not have those "differences." it really doesn't make a difference, but that seems like a solid approach

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue May 31, 2011 2:53 pm

I'd also use precaution. Burnout at this stage is really bad

pkrtbx

Postby pkrtbx » Tue May 31, 2011 3:00 pm

Thanks! Re: burnout, I am actually shocked that it has not been worse; but, I actually feel really good. I will stay alert though and if I need a break midweek I can definitely accommodate that. At this point I am not planning on really learning anything new, I just want every ounce of practice that I can get. I do not want to be surprised by anything on test day, while at the same time fully realizing that such is inevitable.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue May 31, 2011 3:39 pm

From what I've heard, 57 is a tough test so do that one relatively early on just in case (no need to freak yourself out unnecessarily!). 61 is supposedly easy/decent. Other than that, I've only heard things about 62...IMO just do them however you'd like, reverse/split order or anything. PTs are more about practicing and getting used to the test, so when it comes down to it it doesn't really matter.

czelede

Postby czelede » Tue May 31, 2011 4:17 pm

I tried to skip around in the 40s-50s, saving the later 50s for last. I didn't do them in chronological order. Like you, I also did 1-a-days for the last two weeks or so (but took a day off each week).

I would probably make a schedule kind of like this: 55, 51, 61, 56, 52, 60, 57, 59

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Tue May 31, 2011 5:43 pm

Beware of burnout.

I'd definitely hit 59-61, but I don't know if I'd even touch 55-57 with the amount of time you have left. That's up to you, though. (I'd argue 55-57's RC passages are more difficult than 59 or 61, if that's a weakness)

Even if you don't plan on a break, I would highly recommend taking the day before the test off. Let the things gel, and get there on test day ready to go.

coldshoulder

Postby coldshoulder » Tue May 31, 2011 5:57 pm

That's a lot of tests man, you probably shouldn't take more than one a day til the test. Burnout kills!

justbubbles

Postby justbubbles » Tue May 31, 2011 6:10 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:From what I've heard, 57 is a tough test...

+1

PT 57 is a brutal test. And no doubt the consensus on TLS and outside of TLS is pretty much close to being unanimous.

Not only the LG dino game is brutal, but both the LR and the RC section is far more challenging than anything else recent.

Moral of the story - if you see your score falling and/or if you do slightly bad on PT 57, don't feel bad. :wink:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”