Should I wait til my prepcourse starts to study? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
notaznguy

Bronze

Should I wait til my prepcourse starts to study?

Post by notaznguy » Tue May 31, 2011 2:45 pm

So I've glanced through the powerscore bibles a bit (Logical Reasoning) and have been fooling around with the free June 2007 test. Generally I just do one or two questions and see if I get them right. I read somewhere that if I'm taking a prep course (TM or BP), that I should wait til I start the course before doing any studying so that I don't develop any bad habits. What do you guys think?

BTW, I know it's normal to not really know anything, but I have to admit I feel really stupid every time I get questions wrong, even though I understand I haven't had any prep or real studying yet. Gah.

cinephile

Gold

Re: Should I wait til my prepcourse starts to study?

Post by cinephile » Tue May 31, 2011 2:50 pm

It couldn't hurt to take the June 07 test to get a cold diagnostic.
Last edited by cinephile on Tue May 31, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emeth!

New

Post by Emeth! » Tue May 31, 2011 2:59 pm

i'd wait till your class. Most classes give you a PT at the first class so i don't think you should even take a PT. just enjoy your social life pre-LSAT beause during LSAT study you'll probably not have one. :D

Corwin

Bronze

Post by Corwin » Tue May 31, 2011 3:50 pm

You shouldn't let embarrassment or feelings of stupidity stop you from studying. No one is judging you but yourself.

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Tue May 31, 2011 4:14 pm

Wait. You don't want to get ingrained with bad habits, especially on games, because breaking those are tougher than just learning the right way from Day 1.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

notaznguy

Bronze

Post by notaznguy » Tue May 31, 2011 6:22 pm

Sounds good. I guess I won't really study or attempt to study until Day 1 of the prepcourse. Thanks guys.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Tue May 31, 2011 6:42 pm

I'm always a lot happier when my students come in cold (and they usually are, too). Too many times I've had people get questions right because of faulty logic that they employ that happens to coincide with a right answer. It's hard to teach them away from this because it's getting them good results - they never realize all the other questions where the same method is leading them to an incorrect answer. And logic games...ugh...
Corwin wrote:You shouldn't let embarrassment or feelings of stupidity stop you from studying. No one is judging you but yourself.
This is great advice. Even in a class, don't ever let that stop you from trying. It's always the kids who keep asking questions, no matter how dumb they feel doing so, that see the largest improvements.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”