LSAT Expiration Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
funstuff

New

LSAT Expiration

Post by funstuff » Fri May 27, 2011 2:56 pm

Hey guys so I have a quick question about the lsat. I'm planning on taking the lsat in october 2011 and probably again in june 2012 if my score isn't high enough and will probably apply to schools in 2015. I know my score will expire in 5 years, but have also heard that schools like more recent tests. What do you guys know about this? I've heard some schools only want scores from the last 3 years. Does that mean 3 years from the date I took the lsat to the date I apply, or what?
Thanks a lot.

Jeffort

Gold

Re: LSAT Expiration

Post by Jeffort » Fri May 27, 2011 3:59 pm

funstuff wrote:Hey guys so I have a quick question about the lsat. I'm planning on taking the lsat in october 2011 and probably again in june 2012 if my score isn't high enough and will probably apply to schools in 2015. I know my score will expire in 5 years, but have also heard that schools like more recent tests. What do you guys know about this? I've heard some schools only want scores from the last 3 years. Does that mean 3 years from the date I took the lsat to the date I apply, or what?
Thanks a lot.
Five years is how long a reported LSAT score appears on your CAS report that law schools you apply to receive. Many if not most law schools now require a reported score from within the previous 3 years of the cycle you apply in. You'll have to check with the schools you are interested in for their current policies about how they are measuring the time limit. It's typically measured by calendar year and/or application cycle year rather than by day.

Since you have plenty of time ahead of you to get prepared to apply to law schools, don't make this into a logic game issue that you waste time stressing about instead of spending time on your current studies and working out your schedule for the future.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”