Extra Practice Vs Security for a Retake

iphone7

Extra Practice Vs Security for a Retake

Postby iphone7 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:46 pm

So I took PT 55 today and I'm wondering how I should spend the rest of my prep time. I have seven tests left (56-62) then I will have taken all of the available materials. I'm wondering if I would be better served taking all seven of the tests and getting the extra practice with new material and comparative reading sections, or save 3-4 of the tests for the scenario of having to retake. I really don't know what I'd do if I use all the tests and then require a retake, but I assume that using all of the tests would make retaking less likely. I know that planning better six months ago would be the correct answer, but of these two less than preferable options, what do you all say?

seancris

Re: Extra Practice Vs Security for a Retake

Postby seancris » Thu May 26, 2011 8:30 pm

I would just plan like you're not going to retake. Go all in June, worry about October next month if necessary. No use in not using your available resources.

Another option would be to use only 3 or 4 of your remaining PTs. Having 7 vs. having 4 PTs for the next exam isn't a huge difference, but I would say you should get as much practice as possible on the most recent tests before June and that way you at least have something new to study for Oct.

Peg

Postby Peg » Thu May 26, 2011 11:48 pm

Depends on what your score average is at this point.

iphone7

Postby iphone7 » Fri May 27, 2011 12:19 am

Peg wrote:Depends on what your score average is at this point.

Well my average for my last 5 is 173 which is a score I'd be happy with. I did just get a 167 on 55 to bring that average down.

jortiz682

Postby jortiz682 » Fri May 27, 2011 3:29 am

Leave 1 or 2, most likely, just because you don't necessarily want to take that many PT's in the time allotted. I'd take most.

Curry

Postby Curry » Fri May 27, 2011 3:40 am

iphone7 wrote:
Peg wrote:Depends on what your score average is at this point.

Well my average for my last 5 is 173 which is a score I'd be happy with. I did just get a 167 on 55 to bring that average down.

Take it in June. You are scoring high enough that if you mess up, you'll probably make up for it next time.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”