The Restroom Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
incontinentia

New

The Restroom

Post by incontinentia » Wed May 25, 2011 5:17 pm

The first three sections of the LSAT take 1:45, and I've heard that the preliminary stuff before the test starts can take from 30 minutes or so to well over an hour. There is no way I can sit for 3 hours or more in the afternoon without needing to visit the restroom badly.

Questions: (1) Do LSAT proctors commonly let people take restroom breaks after they have entered the room, but before the first section starts? (2) Do they let people take breaks near the end of a section - i.e., with only 3-4 minutes remaining?

Some previous posts here reported proctors allowing (1), but made it sound like that was unusual.

Knock

Platinum

Re: The Restroom

Post by Knock » Wed May 25, 2011 5:19 pm

incontinentia wrote:The first three sections of the LSAT take 1:45, and I've heard that the preliminary stuff before the test starts can take from 30 minutes or so to well over an hour. There is no way I can sit for 3 hours or more in the afternoon without needing to visit the restroom badly.

Questions: (1) Do LSAT proctors commonly let people take restroom breaks after they have entered the room, but before the first section starts? (2) Do they let people take breaks near the end of a section - i.e., with only 3-4 minutes remaining?

Some previous posts here reported proctors allowing (1), but made it sound like that was unusual.
They let you take restroom breaks while they are getting people situated and before they start reading the instructions. Once the instructions start you can't go to the bathroom until the section starts. Once the section starts you can go to the bathroom at any time during the section I believe. I know that I figured out that a logic games section was experimental and took a bathroom break in the middle of it.

incontinentia

New

Post by incontinentia » Wed May 25, 2011 5:24 pm

Thanks! Followup question, in case I can't work out which section is experimental: is it possible to go the bathroom with only one or two minutes remaining in a section, and then come back after the next section has started? That seems like the best way to minimize the effect of the time lost.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Wed May 25, 2011 5:26 pm

incontinentia wrote:Thanks! Followup question, in case I can't work out which section is experimental: is it possible to go the bathroom with only one or two minutes remaining in a section, and then come back after the next section has started? That seems like the best way to minimize the effect of the time lost.
Yeah, I think that is allowed. But the break in between sections is very short, pretty much only enough time for them to say stop working on that section, flip to the next section, and begin.

PS: I don't recommend trying to figure out which section is experimental.

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Wed May 25, 2011 5:30 pm

dear incompetentia alt, as general advice, try to go to the bathroom as many times as possible: a) before check-in 2) after check-in, while waiting to enter the room and 3) at the beginning of the 15-minute break and lastly 4) at the end of the 15 minute break.

Also, don't talk to anyone, it will weaken your moral resolve. When in doubt - pee. :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Wed May 25, 2011 5:31 pm

Diapers, dude.

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Wed May 25, 2011 5:34 pm

paratactical wrote:Diapers, dude.
hey para. haha, i don't have a bladder problem, I just enjoy peeing as a process, esp. when I'm surrounded by these ppl: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... heard+lsat

incontinentia

New

Post by incontinentia » Wed May 25, 2011 5:36 pm

99.9luft wrote:dear incompetentia alt, as general advice, try to go to the bathroom as many times as possible: a) before check-in 2) after check-in, while waiting to enter the room and 3) at the beginning of the 15-minute break and lastly 4) at the end of the 15 minute break.

Also, don't talk to anyone, it will weaken your moral resolve. When in doubt - pee. :lol:
LOL.

But now I'm kind of confused. There is a check-in process before entering the room? I had assumed the process went like this:

1) Turn up at the right place and get in a line.
2) Show LSAT staff ID and ticket, enter room.
3) Find seat / get assigned seat. Sit there while all the preliminary stuff goes on.
4) Start test.

I guess not.

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Wed May 25, 2011 5:40 pm

incontinentia wrote:
99.9luft wrote:dear incompetentia alt, as general advice, try to go to the bathroom as many times as possible: a) before check-in 2) after check-in, while waiting to enter the room and 3) at the beginning of the 15-minute break and lastly 4) at the end of the 15 minute break.

LOL.

But now I'm kind of confused. There is a check-in process before entering the room? I had assumed the process went like this:

1) Turn up at the right place and get in a line.
2) Show LSAT staff ID and ticket, enter room.
3) Find seat / get assigned seat. Sit there while all the preliminary stuff goes on.
4) Start test.

I guess not.
It actually depends on the test center. I've been to one in which the check-in was set up right before the room. The seats are random, just pick one and sit down.

I've also been to a test center (the same one i'm using in June) where you check-in, and wait for the room to get ready. Why? They proctors are busy printing the names of ppl assigned to a specific room and taping them to a desk. Here, you get an assigned seat. This is the kind of test center where you wait before entering the room.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Hippononymous

Bronze

Post by Hippononymous » Wed May 25, 2011 5:41 pm

Seriously? You can't hold it for three hours? Plan ahead. Limit fluid intake prior and dump the takes as many times as possible before.

incontinentia

New

Post by incontinentia » Wed May 25, 2011 5:46 pm

Hippononymous wrote:Seriously? You can't hold it for three hours? Plan ahead. Limit fluid intake prior and dump the takes as many times as possible before.
Yeah, I don't know what's wrong with me. I probably could hold it, but I would end up crossing my legs, rocking in my seat, chewing my lip, and emitting some high-pitched noise after about two hours or so.

I do plan on limiting my fluid intake, though.

99.9: thanks for the info, and the link - that thread's hilarious!

boosk

Bronze

Post by boosk » Wed May 25, 2011 7:30 pm

Knock wrote:I know that I figured out that a logic games section was experimental and took a bathroom break in the middle of it.

and how did you do that?

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Wed May 25, 2011 7:43 pm

boosk wrote:
Knock wrote:I know that I figured out that a logic games section was experimental and took a bathroom break in the middle of it.

and how did you do that?
I noticed a wording ambiguity in a question as well as finished abnormally early and guessed it must be the experimental section. Later I found out I was right. I don't recommend trying to figure out which is the experimental section though.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Wed May 25, 2011 7:46 pm

what in the fuck is going on here

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Wed May 25, 2011 7:47 pm

okay who the fuck is this

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Wed May 25, 2011 7:52 pm

I had a couple minutes remaining in a section and was able to go to the restroom and come back before the next section started (but the bathroom was right next door). I also took a break in the middle of my essay.

incontinentia

New

Post by incontinentia » Wed May 25, 2011 7:58 pm

incompetentia wrote:okay who the fuck is this
I'm sorry - you don't know me. I have spent a long time visiting TLS and read some of your posts. Since this thread was on incontinence, it seemed too obvious. I would be happy to take down the picture / stop posting.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Wed May 25, 2011 8:02 pm

lol, you have to hold it in. PRACTICE during your PRACTICE TESTS. i think it's hard to understand a bladder problem unless you have one, which i think i have. just practice holding it in. embrace it.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Wed May 25, 2011 8:02 pm

incontinentia wrote:
I'm sorry - you don't know me. I have spent a long time visiting TLS and read some of your posts. Since this thread was on incontinence, it seemed too obvious. I would be happy to take down the picture / stop posting.
I don't believe you but it's cool

kapachino

Silver

Post by kapachino » Wed May 25, 2011 8:03 pm

I thought it was you at first, lol.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Wed May 25, 2011 8:04 pm

kapachino wrote:
I thought it was you at first, lol.
My tars are square, not circular, thankyouverymuch

(but seriously, I took in October, so I'd know about this already XD)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Wed May 25, 2011 8:08 pm

Brilliant.

krasivaya

Bronze

Post by krasivaya » Wed May 25, 2011 8:39 pm

lolololol.

If it's any help op, I'm worried about the same thing too - I think it's a girl thing.

I swear boys only pee like twice a day, jealous :(

ak13

New

Post by ak13 » Wed May 25, 2011 9:04 pm

krasivaya wrote:
lolololol.

If it's any help op, I'm worried about the same thing too - I think it's a girl thing.

ehh... 4 times

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Wed May 25, 2011 9:15 pm

krasivaya wrote:
lolololol.

Trained myself well during school. Distaste for public bathrooms will make a kid do funny things

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”